Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happened here? I mean WW1 was fun, funny, heartwarming, moving at times, well balanced, serious when needed. The only misstep was the final battle scene but even that wasn?t unwatchable. Then I get Spider Wonder Woman in a mall. Somebody please tell me this gets better so I can finish watching it.

Unfortunately gets much worse.

She swings alot during the cheetah battle lol

To put it in perspective, I watched Bill and Ted Face the Music and WW84 on consecutive nights and I honestly don't know which one I think was the poorer film... Everything good about the first Wonder Woman film was pretty much cast aside and replaced with whatever this thing was...

I watched Shark Boy and Lava Girl with my 5 year old last night. I got to be honest, I thought it was a better and tighter movie than WW84.

George Lopez was a great evil robot by the way.

MYwPPSK.gif

I take it from your reaction gifs that you've actually seen them movie then?

;)

PJ NO!

I actually haven't seen the movie :lol But just going through the figure and movie threads the consensus makes it out to be the film isn't as good as the first :( Though I think I'll still watch it later on.

It's too bad the movie isn't better. Made me feel like I was watching a 70's or 80's tv show with it's story flow and production values. Plot wasn't all that interesting and flat characters and they broke their own rules with the macguffin and Wonder Woman has her new abilities that don't make sense for her appearance in Superman vs Batman. Wasted opportunity with such a delay on the film.

What took me out of the movie was torwards the beginning when Maxwell sees the mcguffin and doesn't politely ask to hold it immediately. I mean if unlimited power is within your reach, why all the meaningless flirtation.

But then it occurs to me we need the villains to have some flirtation and light romance for another 20 minutes so this movie can be friggin soap opera.

Movie reminds me of a less epic version Thor, the Dark World. :slap

*Oh snap, I just realized Patty was going to direct that*

I think someone said: "I'd rather watch two hours of Wonder Woman vs bullets in slow motion than this movie!" :rotfl

That wish plot is even too dumb for Superman 4.

Yeah even though I still enjoyed the movie (mostly thanks to Gadot and Pine), the fact they went for such an uninspired magic genie storyline is baffling as hell to me. I guess they tried to rationalize it somewhat by having the stone be a creation of the gods, but then they have Max Lord constantly running around saying "I grant your wish" which takes you right back to kiddie territory. Lol

Yeah even though I still enjoyed the movie (mostly thanks to Gadot and Pine), the fact they went for such an uninspired magic genie storyline is baffling as hell to me. I guess they tried to rationalize it somewhat by having the stone be a creation of the gods, but then they have Max Lord constantly running around saying "I grant your wish" which takes you right back to kiddie territory. Lol

I think if this was an animated DC movie, it would have felt to cheesy and kid like as well, unless it was trying to be intentionally that way (like when they did an animated Adam West batman movie recently.)

It is like Nolan deciding to do the Dark Knight Rises, and decided to make it also a spiritual sequel to Batman and Robin to end his trilogy. People start seeing purple lighting and Bane in an ape costume, and are like this is really cheesy and weird. And does a movie like this need to be more than 2 hours? Shazam went a little over 2 hours, but that was the origin movie.

I think Patty was starting to take risks here, and it isn't the risks people wanted. I think people want to see risks with characters, or shocking developments...not a risk by trying to bring back 1980s comic book movies. I don't think the comic community to revisit Superman 3 & 4 , but I could be wrong.

Damn people are going in on this film. In a way they should grateful for the virus or else this would have been destroyed at the BO and give marvel another win. Huge yikes.

Back