Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the 80s like really amazing or something? I know some really cool cartoons and movies came out during that time but damn people act like that decade was peace time

I liked the 80s, then again, I was a child in the 80s, so I had nothing to compare it to at the time. :lol Also, my perspective and experience are limited to that of a child, so watching movies, tv shows, cartoons, and playing with toys, since I wasn't a teenager or an adult. In retrospect, some of those things didn't age well by today's standards, but the nostalgia is there for me.

I can't say what it was like to be a teen, a 30 year old or a 50 year old at that time, since people of different ages/generations all have a unique view and understanding of a time period, as well as different experiences. They weren't playing with toys or watching the cartoons of that time. :lol

Having said that, Wonder Woman 2 taking place in 1984 seems like a very good year for the film to take place in, since IMO, it's usually around the third year of a decade that a decade begins to find its identity away from the previous decade. My brother tells me that the early 80's were more late 70's than anything else, and somewhat different than the mid to late 80's in style, music, clothing...etc.

1m21k0J.jpg

I think she?s an amazing Wonder Woman. Can?t believe people thought she was to skinny or ugly or whatever

Generally negative sentiment towards her casting did seem to take a turn towards the positive (I include myself in that) and here's hoping that can remain justified with another decent movie. Christopher Reeve only needed 2 decent movies to be considered the definitive Superman. Meanwhile Hugh Jackman looked less like Wolverine than Gadot does Wonder Woman and he was so loved he went on for almost 20 years.

Her acting is average to decent at best but she is an AMAZING Wonder Woman and i wouldn't replace her for anyone.

I wouldn?t say terrible, but yeah, she?s no Meryl Streep...
However, she offsets any acting deficiencies with tons of charisma.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I wouldn?t say terrible, but yeah, she?s no Meryl Streep...
However, she offsets any acting deficiencies with tons of charisma.

Exactly. It's not like Arnold had a decades long career on account of him being of him being another Daniel Day Lewis, lol. Charisma is all important when it comes to action heroes, male or female.

Exactly. It's not like Arnold had a decades long career on account of him being of him being another Daniel Day Lewis, lol. Charisma is all important when it comes to action heroes, male or female.

All of this.

Don?t get me wrong, I think Gal is a Weapons Grade Babe; but for the role, demigod or not, I would have liked for her to be more obviously athletic and muscular.

But we could have done A LOT worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her acting is not terrible it is average but she plays a great Greek demigod as it has pointed out she is not only stunning but charismatic. Another example of this is Stallone he is a poor actor but i love him.

I thought GG did a good, solid job of portraying Diana/WW. As with comics/graphic novels, I took the '17 film as potentially a different take of Wonder Woman, and it turned to be a good rendition.

While we're shown good action from the film(s), I'd like to see even more of WW's fighting prowess:

Her acting is not terrible it is average but she plays a great Greek demigod as it has pointed out she is not only stunning but charismatic. Another example of this is Stallone he is a poor actor but i love him.

You lost me with the Stallone comparison. I think many think the exact opposite, including myself.

You lost me with the Stallone comparison. I think many think the exact opposite, including myself.

You know Stallone won an award one year worst male actor of the year award? I love him but that doesn't mean he is a good actor.

Sylvester Stallone
He's been nominated for Worst Actor a whopping 14 times and for Worst Supporting Actor three times for good measure. Nobody comes close to Sly's total; he was also named Worst Actor of the Decade for the '90s. Hey, the fact remains “Rocky” also won him a Best Picture Oscar.Feb 6, 2020

Stallone has had some growing pains but he did develop I think. Lots of range? Not so much, but he?s quite believable and grounded in some roles.

When I think of boxing and vietnam I think of Stallone.

Then Apocalypse Now lol

Afghan war...same...Stallone!

Back