Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, this one will give you a better idea of what is going on.

15f6p89.jpg

I take back what I said about the gap not bothering me. It does bother me a bit because it's at the nexus of one of my favorite parts of this statue as a whole (the job doe with the boots). So every time I go to appreciate that up close, I do have to acknowledge the unnatural gap there.
My first concern/priority is that the thing is stable and secure- and in that respect it's OK. it doesn't seem to be wobbly. But aesthetically, it would look much better in that area if it were just sitting flush like it was supposed to be.
Compared to the other flaws though, it's not as major for me- and nothing I would have back to SS about to have addressed.
The stitching flaws are still my primary concern with my piece.

Asdf, Is yours worse than this?

Last edited:
Hi Mose, from what I remembered the left feet is flat on base, the right is hanging very noticeable. The stitching is fine. Just one very obvious black dot on the yellow shirt. I didn't pick it up, I know maybe some thinks I'm a bit nitpick. But if SS wants my 2k, I expect more :)

Maybe you can push the left feet more in to the base?

Ok, this one will give you a better idea of what is going on.

15f6p89.jpg

I take back what I said about the gap not bothering me. It does bother me a bit because it's at the nexus of one of my favorite parts of this statue as a whole (the job doe with the boots). So every time I go to appreciate that up close, I do have to acknowledge the unnatural gap there.
My first concern/priority is that the thing is stable and secure- and in that respect it's OK. it doesn't seem to be wobbly. But aesthetically, it would look much better in that area if it were just sitting flush like it was supposed to be.
Compared to the other flaws though, it's not as major for me- and nothing I would have back to SS about to have addressed.
The stitching flaws are still my primary concern with my piece.

Asdf, Is yours worse than this?

Hey Mose, yea, it's definately more noticeable in that pic. You'd really expect something so expensive to at least sit flush with the base right :dunno although saying that, as long as it doesn't wobble and the feet are secure then I guess it's just a matter of whether it would bug you if you decided to keep it. The stitching flaws on the other hand would be more of a concern

I've just got one more payment of £100 left on this wolverine is coming in this month. :panic::panic::panic::yess:

Congrats Ant, your gonna love this piece :exactly:

Thanks my fingers are crossed :)
My seller checks them first so I'm sure il be good

Yea, Lee is great and he'll notice straight away if anything is wrong :exactly:

Daniel is still on vacation so William stepped in a gave me a call last night. We had a good conversation about the issues I have with it- and he couldn't have sounded nicer or more understanding.

If I choose to send it back, he'll send me a pre-paid label so I won't get stuck with return shipping. They won't be getting any more in for a little while, so any re-order I make would likely get pushed back to March or April because of my work schedule. He kindly offered, when I did re-order, to flag it and inspect it himself before it shipped.

OTOH, if I decided to just keep it, he said he could probably give me $150-$200 credit on a future purchase.

Unfortunately, they don't stock many replacement parts for this- I think he said he had a pair of hands left and that was it (for the near future). He also said they were 'over sold' on this at the moment and so it will take a while before there is ever any excess stock. So it doesn't sound like I can expect to just replace the lower body half anytime soon. He did think I could get a new head without as much trouble...but that is also likely in the future a bit.

He generously said to take my time- no hurry on making a decision, which I will appreciate because I am really not sure which way to go on this.

What do you guys think? Am I making too much of the stitching? It's going to get taken down and re-set up at least once a year, so this one is going to get some handling and jostling. But I would hate to send it back, and then chance have the edition closed before I could re-order it. Yeah, the odds are it will be open for a while- but I love the piece quite a bit wouldn't want to risk any chance of missing it.

If I paid $2000 for anything from SSC, it had better arrive MINT or I would send it back. I wouldn't be dealing with ANY issues if I'm shelling out that kind of money. That's my take on the matter. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I think SS won't close this that soon. If you can wait and get a good one, one that is 2k worth wo fabric issue and both feet flat on ground, why not :) .

What do you guys think?

Honestly dude, I'd send it back and wait for a better one. For two thousand, it needs to be better than what I've seen of yours. It just needs to be. Dry skin on your hands alone could eventually snag and make the stitching become worse than what it is now.

Looks like the consensus is to send it back. Kinda of surprised as I thought it looked like I was making too much of the stitching flaw.

Frankly, Leading up to actually receiving it, I was pretty ticked at SS and hoping for any excuse to send it back for a refund. I hadn't expected Doom to drop at the same price and I'd come to feel I was getting slightly ripped with this one for the money. Then there were months of delays in getting one shipped that put me in a foul mood...
Funny thing is though, now that I've had it for a while...all that sturm und drang has faded away completely. The money isn't the main issue nor is the eventual release of Doom.
It sounds lame, but I think I'm in love with this :eek: :D. Even with the prospect of possibly getting a better one, it's hard to pack this one up and be without it for several months. I hate the flaw and it will concern me every time I go to pack it or pull it out- But I know NONE of these things are ever perfect. Despite the money we pay, they are mostly hand made. They can never be. Flaws and discrepancies will always show up across the run.
I'll probably get better stitching on the next one, but who's to say the claws will be done as well? or the paint job on the foot of the boots? Or maybe there will be a stain or discoloration on the fabric that you don't immediately see, but come to see later?

Still haven't made up my mind, but I do appreciate everyone's input.

It's mostly just a concern for the integral longevity of the fabric more than an aesthetic annoyance.
I'm sure I could live with the flaw if it never got any worse. Rotating the piece in and out more frequently isn't going to be doing it any favors though.

Honestly, I've never been a big fan of fabric on statues- I would much prefer fully sculpted. This is one of the few times I think it not only looks OK but enhances the piece as a whole. At this scale, the size of the stitches and weave of the fabric works very well. And it puts the whole thing on whole other level. Almost like having a miniature Madam Tussaud's figure.

But I did think that if I did end up keeping it and pushing my luck- if the fabric ever did start to unravel, that would be my cue to tear all the fabric off and convert the statue to the Brown costume version. Don't know if I would like it more or less, but that would be one way to make lemonade from a lemon.

It's mostly just a concern for the integral longevity of the fabric more than an aesthetic annoyance.
I'm sure I could live with the flaw if it never got any worse. Rotating the piece in and out more frequently isn't going to be doing it any favors though.

Honestly, I've never been a big fan of fabric on statues- I would much prefer fully sculpted. This is one of the few times I think it not only looks OK but enhances the piece as a whole. At this scale, the size of the stitches and weave of the fabric works very well. And it puts the whole thing on whole other level. Almost like having a miniature Madam Tussaud's figure.

But I did think that if I did end up keeping it and pushing my luck- if the fabric ever did start to unravel, that would be my cue to tear all the fabric off and convert the statue to the Brown costume version. Don't know if I would like it more or less, but that would be one way to make lemonade from a lemon.

Maybe it's worth sending it back and getting a replacement statue

I'm glad that the statue changed your opinion about it :)

How about you keep it until March(when the new shipment arrives), and refund it back? If SS allows this of course hehe...

Finally got this guy delivered, I'm blown away by the detail and the size of him. In fact, the only part I didn't like was the packaging (my glue was coming undone).

One question though, do either of Wolverine's boots come unattached? I'm worried mine is damaged, but there isn't any observable breaks and it doesn't affect the stability of the statue at all.

The boots are fixed on mine and should be.
Is it loose or what makes you think there's something wrong with it?
Congrats on getting one.

Back