Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The man doth truth speak. At least you can send yours back and hopefully claim the tax back separately.

RE: "the number 16 engraved on the front of the very front dreadlock in full view." - wait . . . wut????

Yep, I honestly can't even be bothered to look at this today, never mind take pictures. But I'll snap some tomorrow, I'll have to for the returns department anyway I guess. I assume the dreads were numbered in order to make sure they go roughly in the right place. But instead of doing it at the very top part which glues inside the head, they have carved a large number 16 into the front one of mine. There may be more, I didn't really give it much of a look over. I actually laughed when I took this out of the box. What other response is there? It's depressingly poor quality all around. I honestly shocked that SSC shipped these out... Embarrassing.

So Col had this spotted at the very beginning when it went up for pre-order (August 3rd 2016).

Why-oh-why didn't I contact them THEN :gah:

Sideshow :gah:

I mean - REALLY ! :gah:

Speechless :gah:

Nice find.

As I said in the other room, I remember seeing that and not taking much notice as the P1 LSB turned out nearly double the estimated weight.

Yep, I honestly can't even be bothered to look at this today, never mind take pictures. But I'll snap some tomorrow, I'll have to for the returns department anyway I guess. I assume the dreads were numbered in order to make sure they go roughly in the right place. But instead of doing it at the very top part which glues inside the head, they have carved a large number 16 into the front one of mine. There may be more, I didn't really give it much of a look over. I actually laughed when I took this out of the box. What other response is there? It's depressingly poor quality all around. I honestly shocked that SSC shipped these out... Embarrassing.

Look on the bright side - at least you can get all/most of your money back.

Even if I convince my Son to let me send it back, I'll be out $160 Canadian in shipping ($80 each way) - unless I find some sort of damage - which I haven't so far.

Lots of dodgy stuff/bits (that mandible - geez!), but nothing so far that they would accept as damage.

I'll have a closer look at it when I have chance.

Look on the bright side - at least you can get all/most of your money back.

Even if I convince my Son to let me send it back, I'll be out $160 Canadian in shipping ($80 each way) - unless I find some sort of damage - which I haven't so far.

Lots of dodgy stuff/bits (that mandible - geez!), but nothing so far that they would accept as damage.

I'll have a closer look at it when I have chance.

Mines covered in blemishes and excess glue etc. those alone should be reason enough to return it. I honestly think if you message sideshow and really hammer hone how cheap, nasty and unacceptable this is. You have a good argument to return it for free. The next cool thing will be right around the corner for your boy, I'm sure he'll get over it eventually. I'd actually pay to return this if it wasn't damaged, it's that bad.

Nice grab and run Sideshow. The industry has evolved, why is it so difficult to put up a production piece for promotion instead of the master piece?

Holy ****! It looks like someone just sharpied the veins in the mouth. I almost died laughing.

Last edited:
Holy ****! It looks like someone just sharpied the veins in the mouth. I almost died laughing.

Yeah, I pointed out that on mine....it's possibly the worst veining I have ever seen. Looks like this is what they used, with zero veining references...

31ouH03mfPL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

$649.99 x 750pcs = $487,500

That could be a nice profit or a massive company fail

I can't believe that at $650 some of you are actually even considering keeping this.

Xplus makes a 13" Mummy bank that sells for $40-50, and it's quite good, I would pay $150-175 TOPS for this "statue" not a penny more. And even then it would end up on display in my garage with all my other cheap pieces.

I can't believe that at $650 some of you are actually even considering keeping this.

Personally I'm on the fence. I think I'm still in shock, and still going off of my strong desire to have loved this piece. It's a great sculpt. Someone worked hard on it and nailed it. But the production is atrocious. I have sent pictures to SS though, so we will see. I have zero faith on getting another one sent as EVERYONE on here seems to have glaring issues. IDK....even as I type this my mind is all over the place with what to do.

Thank God for Blitzway's Ghostbusters and some other pre-orders coming my way soon, else I'd be REALLY depressed. :gah:

. . . Thank God for Blitzway's Ghostbusters and some other pre-orders coming my way soon, else I'd be REALLY depressed. :gah:

I have NOTHING on pre-order now - and nothing out there that is a "must have". Rather pleased about that.

This has even put me off pre-ordering the Prime 1 Dog Alien. Not so pleased about that.

At $650 it would bother me every time I looked at it. Lol

Honestly this one has me shocked that SS thought it would go over ok for the money.

I have NOTHING on pre-order now - and nothing out there that is a "must have". Rather pleased about that.

This has even put me off pre-ordering the Prime 1 Dog Alien. Not so pleased about that.

Prime 1 Dog Alien should be awesome though....they don't drop the ball like SS does.

My only MUST HAVE is the Iron Studios Vader that should be here in a month or so...

At $650 it would bother me every time I looked at it. Lol

Honestly this one has me shocked that SS thought it would go over ok for the money.

That's the problem I have right now - it looks nice from "regular" viewing distance - but the COST being AT LEAST twice what it should have been is bugging me.

People re-selling these will be lucky to get $250 USD for them.

I agree Python. And my head also does not fit no matter how hard I try. It's more of a bobble head than anything else.

You can see my issues and bobble-head here-

I came so close to pre-ordering this, but the price prevented me from doing so. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO
glad that I didn't order it. Wow. This really is bad. How could it pass through QC without someone saying
that there was a huge issue with this? The price is outrageous for what it is.

I agree Python. And my head also does not fit no matter how hard I try. It's more of a bobble head than anything else.

You can see my issues and bobble-head here-

A pretty thorough and objective review burtial. At least if you end up returning that bust you'll obviously still have a sweet ass collection based on what you had on display in that video. :duff

A pretty thorough and objective review burtial. At least if you end up returning that bust you'll obviously still have a sweet ass collection based on what you had on display in that video. :duff

Thanks man. That's a small bit of my stuff....and also now just reminds me of the quality the USED to put out...my Patient Zero bust is impeccably well done and executed. A far cry form this bust they just sent me.

Last edited:
Mine arrived today. Pretty disappointed given the cost.

Quick review for those interested:

Cons:
- Hollow cast base/torso with cheap, flexible back panel. Paint didn't cure on whatever material they used on the back of the torso. Total joke.
- Hollow cast head that feels like junky vinyl, not polystone
- Questionable paint app (planned to repaint anyway, but still annoying)
- No printed packaging

Pros:
- Nice sculpt and silhouette overall
- Packaging for head was very protective of the dreadlocks. Major plus.

Time to take a break from Sideshow pieces for awhile. I'm a fanboy, so that's hard for me to admit. This thing just way under-delivered on quality. The materials used in my Big Chap LSB are night and day higher quality.

Just opened mine up and......

I like it! Looks good and will fit right in with all the others.. as long as I never touch it, I won’t be reminded that it’s made from plastic... returned the P1 bio because they made it’s base out of this same cheap feeling material... and this one is going back the same as that did... gladly it has paint issues where it was pressed against something when wet...

if SS didn’t screw everyone with the price and kept it in line with all the others I don’t think there would be all of us pissed of collectors... disappointed in material choice? Yes!

I’ll be picking one up on the secondary market later on..,

Found several other paint imperfections on the head. This plastic material is not agreeable to some of the gloss paints used. Neca has had similar tacky-paint issues, except they are making $20 toys.

Like I said, it’s a stunning sculpt and profile. It’s just ruined by trying to cut corners in the manufacturing process. It was a money grab. Bummer.

Back