Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS totally missed the point in there canned marketing response. IF they had sent out a well executed bust, most would not be so vocal about complaining...well, I wouldn't so much. There is that whole thing of years spent marketing to consumers the benefits of resin casts, then to bust out with PVC plastic as being the new hot thing..which they're going to lose people on...especially since most of us know how PVC warps over time, plastic leaches out, etc...plus I don't care about shipping costs...for $650, personally I want some heft to the piece....make me feel like I got something for my money rather than foam filled plastic.

The big deal here is the poor job they did on this. From the white "Art Boxes", to the paint apps emphasizing the "plastic" look of the material, to the head not fitting in the socket well and wobbling around, to the dreads paint coming off out of the box, to the styrofoam from the shipping box being stuck to the neck, to the drill hole in the necklace skull, to the freaking awful mandible seam, to the laughable vein work in the mouth, to numbers being written on the dreads, to it being an astronomical price for a bust this size made from plastic...ect. etc. etc....THAT is why they are getting so much flack for this. The ONLY redeemable thing about this is the original sculpt, which whoever did should do a face palm at the product that ended up in our hands.

SPOT ON!

Really appreciate the kind thoughts bud :duff

One of the fellas on Statue Forum has pointed out that they MAY refuse to refund my REWARD POINTS even though it's damaged :(

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I've spent the last few 'Spooks' chasing codes for reward points, not this year.
No more SS pre-orders for me. It's just not worth the hassle & stress.
Already worried about how the MKIII will turn out.

How about that thanks on throne? You saw those plastic molds.[emoji44][emoji44][emoji44]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I've spent the last few 'Spooks' chasing codes for reward points, not this year.
No more SS pre-orders for me. It's just not worth the hassle & stress.
Already worried about how the MKIII will turn out.

You should be worried.
Sideshow can't get the paint right on their $2,000+ LSF Iron Man pieces. I don't have confidence that they will get a $700 IM statue right.

The Mk.III maquette has a lot of weathering layers and keep in mind that they are producing 500 of these plus another 1,000+ (hasn't been announced yet) of the regular version. That's a lot of quality control they need to perform.
They had only 750 of this Wolf LSB to produce and they STILL tried to cut corners, as evidenced with the final production copies being shipped.

I agree 100%

I take it you are returning for a full refund Jason, rather than asking for a replacement?

I don't know to be honest. I sent them an email with documentation of my QC issues, and I'm waiting to here back from them with my options. The ball is in their court right now while I think about things. I was sooooo excited about this bust, and well, my bust is a bust.

Progress as reported so far.

This forum only - but Statue Forum is looking much the same.

Sideshow_Wolf_Predator_1-2_scale_LSB_-_status_v01.jpg

Was just about to ask if anyone is keeping this. I'll be honest it does look not bad in some of these pics. Seems like one of those pieces that are good from far, but far from good.

Was just about to ask if anyone is keeping this. I'll be honest it does look not bad in some of these pics. Seems like one of those pieces that are good from far, but far from good.

It looks OK - but that's because the sculpt is SOOOOOOOO awesome, and the flash on the cameras is adding a yellowish tint to make it look more like the original pics AND the character's real colour.

But it's only worth about half what we paid for it due to the material and that god-awful seam on every copy.

from fb:

We're sorry to hear that you've canceled your order. As a one time courtesy, we have set this up to refund in full, including the non refundable deposit. This refund will be processed back to the original card/s charged within 5-7 business days.

Please understand that this item has been advertised since it went up for pre-order as a mixture of PVC and resin. Our production team chooses to utilize PVC for this collectible for several reasons. Primarily, PVC allows the piece to retain a greater amount of detail from the prototype to the final retail piece. It also prevents breakage when the item is in transit to you.

Additionally it allows for a lighter piece which significantly reduces the cost and effort in shipping the piece. Had the item been sculpted in resin entirely, it would have been extremely heavy, more breakages would result with the item in transit, and the shipping cost to our collectors would have been significantly higher.

Contrary to what you may be hearing, the manufacturing costs associated with using PVC are significantly more expensive than other materials used in the production process.

Having looked ourselves at a stock retail piece directly next to the prototype and doing a side by side comparison, we feel the final retail piece is very close to the prototype and retained an excellent amount of detail.

I hope that this has addressed some of the quality concerns that you may have with this piece. Please reply if you need additional help.
Best Regards,

Customer Support Representative
Sideshow Collectibles

while there were some instances of breakage from the past LSB pieces (mainly due to bad foam cover designs), it seems overall, people liked the material they were made from. They were heavy and had a real quality feel to them even if the paint apps blew. At the end of the day, the tons of returns and cancelations this will have seems quite high reading all the feedback. I'm not sure if a 50% off sale would move all the remainder of these given the cost of having this repainted, which wouldn't address the concerns of the plastic material or the flaky dread material.

What do you guys think the dreads are made out of? Looks like a type of foam?

I cancelled my exclusive order today. Saw videos, in-hand photos. No, if it was $150.00 maybe, throw in blurays of all the movies, and I would get it. However, over $600.00 nope.

Back