Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay...it's a lot for me to digest right now...here are some photos for you guys.
1. He is TOTALLY dependent on "good" lighting to look good. If you light up the crown on his head, it looks VERY plasticky...
2. He IS very plasticky. He feels VERY cheap, and looks it as well.
3. I REALLLLLLLYYY want to like him but it's ridiculously overpriced for what we are getting. $400 absolute TOPS.
4. The white "Art Box" does bother me. And that stupid card they threw in screams last minute afterthought.
5. The mandible seam is terrible. Theres no sugar coating it. It's just bad. Really bad.
6. The styrofoam from the packaging stuck to the bottom on the head (see pic)...you won't ever see it, but come on....really?
Issues...
1. The head doesn't fit well into the neck (see pic) and just kinda wobbles around. Yes, I lined it up and pushed it down, it's just not fitting.
2. One of my dreads has a lot of the "skin" of itself pealing off (see pic).
3. The center skull on his chest has what looks to be a drill bit hole in its eye socket (see pic).

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do at this point. I
advise ALL of you to look yours over for these issues . . .

Thanks to YOU for the pics and thoughts too - much appreciated!

RE#4 (the picture card) - my Son said "That's just rubbing salt in the wounds - no art box, so take this. It's like they're giving you a paper middle finger".

The pics make it look like it's something stuck on the surface of the dreds (cellophane?) rather than them peeling - but that could be the pics :dunno - obviously your in the best position to tell.

I'm going to go over ours with a fine-toothed-comb now to see what I may have missed (* I was too busy applying butt-salve after the initial unboxing *)

Thanks to YOU for the pics and thoughts too - much appreciated!

RE#4 (the picture card) - my Son said "That's just rubbing salt in the wounds - no art box, so take this. It's like they're giving you a paper middle finger".

LOL! I like this kid. :hi5:

The pics make it look like it's something stuck on the surface of the dreds (cellophane?) rather than them pealing - but that could be the pics :dunno - obviously your in the best position to tell.

I'm going to go over ours with a fine-toothed-comb now to see what I may have missed (* I was too busy applying butt-salve after the intial opening *)

When he said "the skin of itself" was peeling I took that to mean the top layer. But I could be wrong.

Thank-you - I'll pass that on to him.

Yeah - only 16 and he cracks me up ALL the time. I'm glad he got things right - his Mother's looks and my sense-of-humour.

(* the other way round would have been a terrible burden on humanity *)​

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

By the way someone just put up a lengthy review. I'm watching it now.

EDIT: As I'm watching I'm realising this must be burtial doing the review. Awesome job!

LOL Yes, that is my review I just put up. Thanks guys....just want to get the word out about what someone can expect, and save them a headache.

And YES....it is a layer of material (a coating of some kind) that is pealing off. :slap

Okay...it's a lot for me to digest right now...here are some photos for you guys.
1. He is TOTALLY dependent on "good" lighting to look good. If you light up the crown on his head, it looks VERY plasticky...
2. He IS very plasticky. He feels VERY cheap, and looks it as well.
3. I REALLLLLLLYYY want to like him but it's ridiculously overpriced for what we are getting. $400 absolute TOPS.
4. The white "Art Box" does bother me. And that stupid card they threw in screams last minute afterthought.
5. The mandible seam is terrible. Theres no sugar coating it. It's just bad. Really bad.
6. The styrofoam from the packaging stuck to the bottom on the head (see pic)...you won't ever see it, but come on....really?
Issues...
1. The head doesn't fit well into the neck (see pic) and just kinda wobbles around. Yes, I lined it up and pushed it down, it's just not fitting.
2. One of my dreads has a lot of the "skin" of itself pealing off (see pic).
3. The center skull on his chest has what looks to be a drill bit hole in its eye socket (see pic).

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do at this point. I
advise ALL of you to look yours over for these issues.

View attachment 371313
View attachment 371314
View attachment 371315
View attachment 371316
View attachment 371317
View attachment 371318
View attachment 371319
View attachment 371320
View attachment 371321
View attachment 371322
View attachment 371323
View attachment 371324

wow, what a POS. I'd be worried about the dreads big time even if everything else looked passable. It looks like they are very flimsy and not near the quality as the hard rubber on past busts. No way those things stand the test of time.

LOL Yes, that is my review I just put up. Thanks guys....just want to get the word out about what someone can expect, and save them a headache.

And YES....it is a layer of material (a coating of some kind) that is pealing off. :slap

Great review, and I agree people need to know what they're getting. I was already subbed to you and have been really enjoying your reviews. It sucks that this came out so disappointing, especially since I know you were disappointed with the Alien Internecivus Raptus as well.

Thanks for sharing the vid Rebecca :) - and thanks for making it Jason! :hi5:

1) K - not saying you haven't but try wiggling the head and REALLY pushing down - it's a VERY VERY tight fit on the neckline. Ours didn't sit right at first, until I gave it a bit of welly, and now it's perfect.

2) That IS likely cellophane on the dreds and will hopefully peel off completely. I remember OURS having a cellophane bag over the dreds on his left-hand-side. Ours came off cleanly - guess yours perhaps didn't?

3) That drill hole inside the eye-socket of the middle skull is on all of them - the appearance depends on how much of the socket has been painted - yours has slightly less paint that ours does.​

Hope that helps - and thanks again for the video! :clap

Ian/Spike.

Thanks man. For sure not cellophane...looks to be the actual paint coming up, since it a dark black underneath. And I've wiggled and mashed down on the head to the point of worrying about braking the base...that's the best it gets. The magnet isn't working, so something is keeping it from seating in all the way...I'll look farther into it tomorrow.

I don't get the drill hole? Mine is unpainted....why would they do that to them???

Last edited:
Yeah even from just watching the video you can see it's the paint coming off. That's another thing I would be worried about long term, may be something that pops up down the road a bit.

Great review, and I agree people need to know what they're getting. I was already subbed to you and have been really enjoying your reviews. It sucks that this came out so disappointing, especially since I know you were disappointed with the Alien Internecivus Raptus as well.

Thanks a bunch. I don't do anything fancy on my reviews, and I don't make any money off of them...I just post them as an average Joe giving an honest review. But yeah, you would have thought I learned my lesson with the Alien statue....apparently not. LOL

Thanks a bunch. I don't do anything fancy on my reviews, and I don't make any money off of them...I just post them as an average Joe giving an honest review. But yeah, you would have thought I learned my lesson with the Alien statue....apparently not. LOL

We all knew Sideshow's track record with Alien/Predator pieces and we ordered anyway, so it's not just you. I've found you very honest and straightforward on your reviews, I've really enjoyed them.

Thanks man. For sure not cellophane...looks to be the actual paint coming up, since it a dark black underneath. And I've wiggled and mashed down on the head to the point of worrying about braking the base...that's the best it gets. The magnet isn't working, so something is keeping it from seating in all the way...I'll look farther into it tomorrow.

I don't get the drill hole? Mine is unpainted....why would they do that to them???

Magnet doesn't do anything - the fit is MUCH too tight for it to have ANY effect.

The "drill hole" is just the way the socket was sculpted - just looks more obvious on yours because it has less paint than ours.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

By the way someone just put up a lengthy review. I'm watching it now.

EDIT: As I'm watching I'm realising this must be burtial doing the review. Awesome job!

After watching the review this is definitely up there with the Iron Patriot in terms of fail. This bust being worse due to the extreme over-pricing. SS should be utterly embarrassed and make it very easy for people to return these for full refunds including shipping. They need to weigh bad PR vs doing the right thing. What a massive joke. Never over-promise when you under-deliver!

Wow... that seam line on lower right mandible is unacceptable. Was it THAT hard for assembly workers to cover it with putty before painting it?

For being plastic... is that bad? That much different from reinforced fiberglass?

Wow... that seam line on lower right mandible is unacceptable. Was it THAT hard for assembly workers to cover it with putty before painting it? . . .

What's worse is that we have NO idea WHY they made this a separate piece - the injection moulding would NOT require that.

Maybe they screwed up the initial metal mould and didn't want to pay out for another (the moulds ARE expensive to make).

For being plastic... is that bad? That much different from reinforced fiberglass?

It's soft vinyl - and TOTALLY different to the fibreglass mix used for their 1:1 P1 or the CoolProps 1:1 P2.

It's basically (I'm being serious here) the same stuff used for Funko Pop! toys.

Back