Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One a positive note...
My custom version of the Wolf is nearing completion. I redid the mouth several times and eventually went with a darker tone, rather than pink.

Mods:
- Repainted a bunch of areas
- Filled the mandible seam
- Added some actual twine to the necklace
- Added surface texture to areas of the skin that we too flat
- Deleted the testicles on the base

It's a million times better. The pics don't even do justice to all the little vein and pore details. Proud to have it on display, even with the PVC mess. Attached are a few shots I took today.

View attachment 372820

View attachment 372824

View attachment 372821

View attachment 372822

View attachment 372823

Holy CRAP that is UNREAL!!!! Dude, how much to commission you? Seriously. I've been following this whole ordeal and am SO UPSET over this piece. Mine will be here next month and I've already made up my mind to return it. I hate it and I don't even have it yet. What you did to yours though, that would make me decide to keep it without a doubt. THAT is what I wanted when I dropped 700 on this thing. I found a guy who does Pred best repaints on youtube as well and he quoted me 700 to fill in the seam and dread numbers, sand, and a full repaint.

🔥🔥🔥🔥

I hate to repeat this but, well, what really ruined SS Wolf LSB is lacking of decent paint apps and not using coating finish to eradicate such "plasticy" feels. It shows SS really is lacking of knowledge about PVC. It couldn't be half-arsed and still got a decent textures like polystone. Aside from experimenting, you need to actually paint it in order to get benefits from using it. NOT "OK let's use PVC to build this to save our shipping cost and tell them it's more expensive this way and retains more details bullyadayada" like what you did to Wolf LSB. Hope this disaster teach you something, SS.

BTW good job dmpsk8. That did the sculpt justice.

Good job, looks good.

Alright doing it yourself, if you got skills and time, but some of you guys would really invest $1,400 into a plastic (Funko) Bust? :cuckoo:

One a positive note...
My custom version of the Wolf is nearing completion. I redid the mouth several times and eventually went with a darker tone, rather than pink.

Mods:

It's a million times better. The pics don't even do justice to all the little vein and pore details. Proud to have it on display, even with the PVC mess. Attached are a few shots I took today.

View attachment 372820

View attachment 372824

View attachment 372821

View attachment 372822

View attachment 372823

now that's how it should look, PVC or not, looks fantastic

One a positive note...

Mods:

View attachment 372820

View attachment 372824

View attachment 372821

View attachment 372822

View attachment 372823

No surprise this looks a million times better . Always loved you're work Kev.

Super talented guy.

One a positive note...

Mods:

I knew you'd have this thing looking amazing! I wish I could paint like you can.... And as quickly! Nice job.

If mine had that custom paint app I'd be fine with the fact that it's plastic. I mean I don't ever touch my collectibles anyway they just sit behind glass and look pretty. And I probably would be 80% inclined to pay the asking price for this commission. It sucks, but it is what it is, and I do believe an artists talent holds value as well. Not entirely justifyable, but it has a point. **** what's $600 more dollars anyways I just got my Voltron Maquette and that dollar amount alone was enough to make me want to throw up lmao. But now that I have it, DAMN it's so bad ass.

Statue is a statue,toy is a toy,they have different material unless they equal to each other.

Statue is a statue,toy is a toy,they have different material unless they equal to each other.

At the very least, the base should have been entirely resin. I think more people could have made peace with that.

What I don't understand is that on the previous LSB's the numbers for the dreadlock installation were ON the peg that gets inserted into the socket on the head, one was even color coded with dabs of various paint colors! This one though? Nope, let's deboss the number on the side of the dreadlock where it will be in plain view, especially if said particular factory worker was giving no eff's that day. I just don't understand how bad and why the ball was dropped on this thing. ��������

What I don't understand is that on the previous LSB's the numbers for the dreadlock installation were ON the peg that gets inserted into the socket on the head, one was even color coded with dabs of various paint colors! This one though? Nope, let's deboss the number on the side of the dreadlock where it will be in plain view, especially if said particular factory worker was giving no eff's that day. I just don't understand how bad and why the ball was dropped on this thing. ��������

Could be a different type of application involved using a plastic head instead of poly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because_Sideshow_03_meme.jpg

Back