Wolf Predator Bust or Iron Man Bust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do think the movie is a big thing though. Your representing a movie with a movie collectible. Unless your an overall predator fan and see a bust as an awesome alien and not an awesome alien FROM A CRAPPY MOVIE its fine but if its the other way its not so great and is what stopped me from going through with it ( and funnily enough maybe ordering the iron man bust instead ).

Although I think the overall look of this bust is better than the original predator bust when I look at it I see and think of this which irritates me since I ..basically despise the movie and wouldn't want to display such a stand off and huge piece to represent it.
avp-r.JPG

When I look at the original predator bust I think of the awesome classic movie " PREDATOR ". So I would rather be patient and look for a good deal on the first bust .
predator.png

These busts are ultimate representations of characters from movies. If someone comes into my home and looks at the wolf predator bust ( if they know about movies ) they will say ( in I think most peoples opinions ) that predator bust is awesome but isn't it from the last movie , that sucked , you should of got the first predator.
If someone comes into my house and I have the iron man bust they would say " man that movie kicked ass , thats an awesome way to show your love for it. ".

I guess seeing as though I'm a movie fan and not a fan of a certain creature overall ( for example I don't read the comics ) its different though.
If a bust was released of a predator that looked amazing but was based on a comic or maybe just a made up look I wouldn't buy it.
Some people would. If you loved wolf and think of him when you look at the bust thats awesome. If you didn't like the movie and look at the bust and think of it then its not. If you liked the movie and liked wolf then its awesome.

I knew I would think of the movie looking at wolf and although I am not willing the pay the price of the first bust now I would rather save up and pay that to represent predator the way I love and prefer from the movie I thought was great .

Its all personal preference I guess.

^^^skimming through the post. i think you'd have to qualify as an overall predator fan to willingly pay this much for the bust...IMO. 300 now in my list of all time favorite movies, but i'm not gonna buy the Leonidas PF even though i think it looks awesome. and to be honest, i don't really care what someone says about a movie when they look at a piece from my collection. i'm footing the bill therefore it only matters what i like. if someone really wants to have a debate over it with me, they can leave my house.

I'm not sure about that Hicks, whenever anyone comes to my house they usually head straight over to the Wolf bust and trip out on it. I don't think anyone has really mentioned the movie they just freak out on how amazing it looks.
I think it's one of the most detailed statues that I have and I would have to say go with the Wolf Easport it's limited to 750 and the Iron Man bust is open edition. I believe that the Wolf will go up in value much faster so at the very least if you want the Iron Man bust later down the line you could always sell it, but once you get it in your hands you won't want to get rid of it :D

I really dont give a ^^^^^ about a movie, I buy a piece just cuz it looks BAD A$$!!!!:rock:rock:D

And thats the thing that ( personally ) I couldn't do because I look at the bust and the film.
And about when i mentioned a friend mentioning how bad the movie was I meant if they hated it as much as me. :monkey4:eek:
Other than that the bust is awesome though , I may still get it if the price drops but thats unlikely. :)

By the way I don't want it to seem like I'm trolling this piece because I do like it I was just kinda saying I think he should take his time with his decision before buying since $1000.00 is a hell of a lot.

I really dont give a ^^^^^ about a movie, I buy a piece just cuz it looks BAD A$$!!!!:rock:rock:D
true that. and 90% of people can't distinguish which Predator was in which movie. either way we all have our critique's of collectibles.
~~~here's one thing that recently happened---- Episode I is arguably/ debatable the most hated movie in the star wars saga. who in their right mind will turn down owning this:
DarthMaul3.jpg

but you must of liked the movie right ?. Like you yourself , to purchase maul.
I know for a fact if anyone hated avp-r as much as I did ( especially after my second viewing ) they wouldn't purchase this bust for the price its asking now.
Its a shame I did since I loved avp 1 compared to it , I would probably buy a 1:1 scar predator bust but then again his face isn't as detailed.
I would love to see a predator movie based on wolfs past hunts. Why did those idiots kill him ??. :lol

Do you really want to be reminded everytime you look at the wolf bust how great a movie franchise this used to be....and how badly it's fallen?

As long as Favreau and Downey Jr continue to work on the IM series it's going to continue picking up steam, and the IM bust will still be highly collectible long after everyone has completely forgetten what the hell a wolf predator was in the first place.

Do you really want to be reminded everytime you look at the wolf bust how great a movie franchise this used to be....and how badly it's fallen?

As long as Favreau and Downey Jr continue to work on the IM series it's going to continue picking up steam, and the IM bust will still be highly collectible long after everyone has completely forgetten what the hell a wolf predator was in the first place.

I think thats how I look at it. I dunno though , since avp-r let me down so much I guess I have built up too much hatred . :rotfl:monkey2:monkey2
Thats what you get for being too excited I guess.
I would love to see these two in person though , i can't even imagine the detail , wolf was one of the awesome things that came out of movie so in a way that could justify having a bust of him , like I said its just what you think of when you look at it , the movie or the predators design.

yep there what I purchased instead of the bust , something to represent wolf on a smaller scale. Hes awesome just couldn't invest the full scale bust price.

IM bust all the way.

I actually had a chance to snag a Wolf bust at a really good price but decided to pass to buy other things. I was really disappointed with this bust from the get-go even with the proto. And in the real life pics, it actually looked worse than the proto – from the dreds issue to the paint etc. So I passed. The IM bust however looks spectacular and, after the CM Pred, is my most anticipated item for the foreseeable future.

I really liked avpr! Love the bust! Like hairlesswookie said it's only our own opinions that should matter to ourselves.

IM bust all the way.

I actually had a chance to snag a Wolf bust at a really good price but decided to pass to buy other things. I was really disappointed with this bust from the get-go even with the proto. And in the real life pics, it actually looked worse than the proto – from the dreds issue to the paint etc. So I passed. The IM bust however looks spectacular and, after the CM Pred, is my most anticipated item for the foreseeable future.

yeah , I did prefer the older dreads. Even if they wern't as movie accurate , it looked more intimidating. :monkey3

Back