Wizard World Comic Con, New Orleans, Jan 8-10 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found out my nephew and niece-in-law can get in photos with me at NO with just GA ticket, so I've got company.

I called WW to confirm. They said autographs [them using ticket] depended on crowd size.

Loved the first day. Crowd were big, but not insane. Got to meet the Russo Bros, who were very cordial. Nice guys. :hi5:

738a3232f7f54bea5d124a0600eaa9b4.jpg

Evans line was madness and I was the 6th person in line. I wasn't done getting my stuff signed and they shoved someone's shield over my stuff.

Evans line was madness and I was the 6th person in line. I wasn't done getting my stuff signed and they shoved someone's shield over my stuff.

Ugh. :(

Did you get any time to exchange a few words with him?

We had an absolutely perfect day. Zero complaints, everyone was extremely cordial. Couldn't have been a more positive experience.

A day to remember. :)

920631_10205491560234974_7083986238280172520_o.jpg

12489194_10205491561194998_2254517615645908145_o.jpg

We talked with everyone for probably 2-3 minutes, never felt rushed. Autographs from everyone. Surreal.

Ton of negative comments re-reading this thread.

Sorry if some have had bad experiences, but ours was as far from some of the comments here as can be. All 3 of us were on cloud nine.

Huge thumbs up.

Ugh. :(

Did you get any time to exchange a few words with him?

Nope. Wizard World people were annoyed that I had 3 items (why offer to buy 2 extra autographs then complain when it takes time?) When I was about to lay down my 3rd item they slid someone's full size shield over my item. I told them to stop I'm not finished yet and the guy rolled his eyes. You could tell Chris was annoyed by this and looked like he was struggling to keep up. It must have gotten better after me, lol. This wasn't the case with everybody else. Renner, Mackie, Bernthal, The Russos, Grillo, and Atwell weren't being rushed and gave you the chance to talk to them. Bernthal walked up to me when I was getting a picture with him and signed my Punisher shirt because he liked it so much, haha.

Here's everything I got signed yesterday. The first cap movie poster is a friend of mine, the rest is mine.

121ahwk.jpg

^ Fantastic :clap

When I was about to lay down my 3rd item they slid someone's full size shield over my item. I told them to stop I'm not finished yet and the guy rolled his eyes. You could tell Chris was annoyed by this

I think the agents, and their people, are the issue with some of these complaints. Sorry to hear of your treatment there.

Anthony Mackie is a total clown, and my nephew asked him to take a goofy selfie [of just himself] on his phone. Mackie smiled, but then looked at his agent, who shook his head "no". He said 'he says no...' and made a joke about 'you can't argue with British people' [agent has strong accent, Mackie was mocking it at one point].

I think the celebs want more interaction, but the agent push push push for 1: Money and 2: Make sure everyone gets taken care of. You want to talk about irate when someone pays big $ and then gets no photo/autograph.

Our experience was 100% positive. Can't say enough how much we enjoyed the day.

I think the agents, and their people, are the issue with some of these complaints. Sorry to hear of your treatment there.

To be brutally honest, some celebs use their agents as an excuse, though, so they don't have to look like the bad guys.

You said earlier: "Man, you should at least get 8 seconds to talk"

We talked with Chris probably a :45 - minute. Considering the line behind us, it felt 'right'. Any longer and we were being inappropriate.

Renner about the same. We talked with Hayley and Mackie longer. Mackie was holding up the line actually because he would tell stories etc. Grillo was fine too. The Russos felt like they'd talk all night Lol.

I went in expecting a bad deal, and was totally thrilled with my experience. I got my $ worth.

I honestly don't care to make conversation with them. They throw on the fake act for money. I just want my stuff to get signed how I want lol.

We talked with Chris probably a :45 - minute. Considering the line behind us, it felt 'right'. Any longer and we were being inappropriate.

My friend who went texted me about an hour ago saying she got to say one generic "nice to meet you, love your work" type sentence before a volunteer made very exaggerated motions for her to move along, as Chris had finished signing. Some people get lucky, others don't, I guess. :(

In all my years at Wizard meeting big name guests (I always buy VIP, and I'm usually within the first 15 people in line for autographs), I've never gotten anywhere near a minute to talk. It's always, get your item signed and MOVE MOVE MOVE! They will not let you linger. So I'm jealous! Maybe the New Orleans show is a little more laid back than Chicago.

Last edited:
^ Again, volume of people. If you have 1 hour to process 1,000 people and 1 hour to process 4,000 people, things will be *very* different.

Chicago is the 3rd largest population in the US at almost 3,000,000. New Orleans has less than 350,000.

^ Again, volume of people. If you have 1 hour to process 1,000 people and 1 hour to process 4,000 people, things will be *very* different.

Chicago is the 3rd largest population in the US at almost 3,000,000. New Orleans has less than 350,000.

Technically they should still be selling the same amount of tickets, though, because it's the same timeframe (1 hour of signing, regardless of location). And while New Orleans may have a smaller population, many people travel for cons...especially if said con has Captain America.

True. I talked to people from all over. I know VIP stuff was mostly sold out, but GA admission was not. So I'm guessing the crowds were smaller. By how much I have no idea.

Back