Wizard World Comic Con, New Orleans, Jan 8-10 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Walker

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone else going?

411848260.jpg

I scored the Platinum VIP ticket :D :D :yess:

Never been to one, so any pointers much appreciated :)

I might head over there this year. I've never been, and honestly am not very interested in comic conventions, but. . .you don't know what you're missing if you don't go.

--edit: man, it's like Khev's fantasy come to life. Chris Evans, Atwell, AND the Russos! :lol I would be most interested in seeing Ric Flair, as washed up as he is.

I'm debating. I would like to get Renner, Grillo and the Russos to sign my cap shield.

What the heck is up with their pricing? My friend met Evans at SLCC for a grand total of around $360. Wizard is charging almost double that if you want an autograph in person.

With platinum you get a presigned autograph, so be aware that the only interaction you'll get with Evans is in a roughly 5-8 second photo op. You are IN and OUT. They rush like crazy during photos. When you get up to him pose and smile ASAP. I know some people who weren't even ready and they just snapped the dang photo anyway and refused to retake it. It really depends on the photo op company they use.

What the heck is up with their pricing? My friend met Evans at SLCC for a grand total of around $360. Wizard is charging almost double that if you want an autograph in person.

With platinum you get a presigned autograph, so be aware that the only interaction you'll get with Evans is in a roughly 5-8 second photo op. You are IN and OUT. They rush like crazy during photos. When you get up to him pose and smile ASAP. I know some people who weren't even ready and they just snapped the dang photo anyway and refused to retake it. It really depends on the photo op company they use.

Yeah they're ****ing crazy with those prices.

So is that what they mean when they say "another Premium Item"? So I can't bring something for Evans/Renner to sign?

Yeah... I'm glad I got my sigs at SLCC.

Is getting autographs and pictures the major draw of these things nowadays? I have no interest in either of those with celebrities. Maybe if these were actually focused on comic books and Alan Davis or George Perez were there. . .

The celebrity piece draws a lot of people. Howe error there are a few comic vendors and comic runners. E.g. Neal Adams goes to a bunch of them.

I think at cons like Wizard, meeting celebrities is the big draw. The lines to meet some of them can be insane! Hence why you get 5 seconds with the bigger stars.

Wizard doesn't focus on comics as much as other shows do, although they always have artists at every show.

I loved Wizard World when i went to Philly in 2011. I had the Bruce Campbell VIP ticket and had a blast. I met lots of awesome stars, bought great comics, and saw great panels. I plan to go again next year.

Not according to the site. You can get him to sign the lithograph OR have something else signed.

I see a "Silver VIP" package now that comes with a pre signed autograph. That must be the one I'm thinking of. I can't keep up with all the different levels and groups they have.

Not to be a party-pooper, but if it's anything like the Matt Smith lines, they'll be shoving you through autographs in 5 seconds flat. Wizard is all about the money these days. They actually seem to discourage interaction between the stars and fans. Very aggressive volunteers make you MOVE MOVE MOVE as fast as possible.

Last edited:
Nope.... just continue to expect the worst possible hell.

SLCC was hell. I can only imagine WW.

Was SLCC bad? I never heard much about how it was with Chris Evans - were people rushed really badly, etc etc?

Back