1/6 With new pricing firmly in place, how many of you are out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With new pricing firmed up, are you done?

• Price is too much too fast, quality is not proven

Votes: 80 54.4%
  • Price is acceptable for what is offered

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Havent decided, will wait for more releases/prices to form a better opinion

Votes: 53 36.1%

• Total voters

LipSmack

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Threads have lots of passionate discussion going on, thought a poll might help illustrate where the members of this board loosely stand on the topic

Dont get me wrong, there are a very select few figures that I would give $250 for (Grievous for example) but with this new pricing scheme my SW 1/6 days are pretty much over.

edit: tried to make options as unbiased as possible

Not out, but picky. I've pretty much gotten every release even if I don't display them. If $240 is bare bones figure price now, I'll just get what I love, not everything I like.

I will be picking up core characters only.

Han, Chewie, Threepio, Artoo - yes.

Fan-named extra from a random scene - no.

If we are talking Sideshow, I'm out until they can prove they produce figures of this quality. It's one thing charging the money with a proven product, another entirely hiking up your prices to Hot Toys who have proven in the market that they produce a much higher level product.

Sideshow have never produced a figure that would justify these prices. Hot Toys have arguably, and generally at the top level of 1/6 collecting today. They can set their own market and if people want the best they will pay for it, I'm saying that and I'm not a HT fanboy by any means. Sideshow are making a big mistake by putting themselves in the same price/quality bracket IMO.

Last edited:
If we are talking Sideshow, I'm out until they can prove they produce figures of this quality. It's one thing charging the money with a proven product, another entirely hiking up your prices to Hot Toys who have proven in the market that they produce a much higher level product.

Sideshow have never produced a figure that would justify these prices. Hot Toys have arguably, and generally at the top level of 1/6 collecting today. They can set their own market and if people want the best they will pay for it, I'm saying that and I'm not a HT fanboy by any means. Sideshow are making a big mistake by putting themselves in the same price/quality bracket IMO.

while this poll is directed towards sideshow I guess it applies to HT's as well, their prices increase every 6 months it seems, so eventually we will be bitching about them too :lol

I'm out for SS, and will be sticking to Hot Toys now. The only SS figure I have is the Snowtrooper, with the Biker Scout and R2 on order. That's where it will end for me. Those three, especially R2, will be replaced if HT does one.

I'm personally not impressed with the quality when it comes to producing human characters. Fett, Stormtroopers, Droids are all fine, but honestly since Hot Toys is starting to produce Star Wars figures, I'm much more likely to buy from them. I've been tempted to buy a Vader, I'm going to wait awhile and see what Hot Toys produces for a Vader before deciding on that. For now I have Medicom Fett, R2 and 3P0 - I'm happy with them. But if I seriously get into collecting Star Wars again, I will likely go with Hot Toys, and probably sell my droids and Fett so that I can get Hot Toys versions if they are produced - mostly so that they would be in scale with the other characters. I prefer my Medicom C-3P0 over Sideshow because Sideshow's is specifically the Tattooine version with dents - I'd prefer the buffed and polished version over that one... if Hot Toys does the same and releases a dented desert version, I will probably skip that too.

The only version of Luke I've seen from any manufacturer that I liked was the Bespin Luke that Hot Toys put out, no other one really did the likeness as well. And even the Stormtroopers by Hot Toys seem to have a greater attention to detail than any other basic stormtrooper figures out there, I like that attention to detail myself.

I know I won't be pre-ordering anything at this price. I'll wait until it's in stock and majorly on sale.

Not throwing in the towel yet, but I fear my completist days are numbered either by better choices in the marketplace or the price/quality proposition with SS.

Only been in the 1/6th game for a decade and SSC Jedi Luke was mu first ever 12" figure. Been collecting almost a 100 since then and I am not quitting just now. Gonna have to take even harder decisions than I used to when picking and choosing what to get and what to save for later but i'll remain in the game even if it means i get less pieces each year as long as quality is there to make up for it.

I am pretty much done. I have R2, Hoth Han, HT Han & Chewie and the Scout Trooper on order. After the Scoutie, I'll probably be only getting Han variants (Bespin, ROTJ, Force Awakens) and only from HT.

I would have gotten X-Wing Luke (the ESB version specifically) and Hoth Leia if it ever happened and maybe the TIE Pilot, but I simply can't at these new prices. I could have gone as high as maybe $200, and that would have been a struggle, but anything over that is just way too much.

The good news is that with R2 and Chewie in the bag, I feel like my collection is in a good place. I can feel satisfied with no obvious holes in my collection.

Last edited:
Not out, but picky. I've pretty much gotten every release even if I don't display them. If $240 is bare bones figure price now, I'll just get what I love, not everything I like.

Same for me. I'll get Chewy, R2 and 3PO but I'm going to be RELALY picky after that. I don't need a different costume Luke or Han or anymore clone troopers.

I have Both ARC Echo and Fives, as well as Phase 2 Rex. The only other 1/6th scale I will probably get would be ROTJ Fett or ROTJ Luke at this point, or a corrected Jango

Acquiring duplicate figures is definitely out of the question for me now.

With HT doing SW too, I will decide whether should I quit buying everything OT and PT, which I have been maintaining.

If SS Screws up the likeness with the production version of Hoth Luke/Han then I'll probably just stick with Hot Toys, at least for human figures.

I have decided that I am done collecting figures. I have one on PO right now (Mark III) and will probably keep that, but that is it. I have slowly been selling alot of my collection and am down to 5 figures. Prices are getting a little too crazy for me to continue. Plus I've just been losing interest lately anyway.

Not out, but pissed.

HT is right to do that. There's a whole bunch of suckers ready to sell a kidney (I'm one) for their stuff because some pretend toys are art (im not one of these), so as long as said suckers are ready to shovel the money, they can keep those prices and even raise them...

While I have always been pretty selective on what I buy whether ssc or hottoys I have made a few impulse buys over the years with the mindset of "eh, it's not that much money and kinda cool". Im sure with these price increases more people will be even more selective and the impulse or completion buys will fall off drastically. Time will tell if the increases will sustain the products as is (bare bones offerings) or if they need to cram the box with lots of extras to get people to bite.

I've tried to keep control of my figure buying over the years buying only select sets, whether it be OT troops, hero rebels or clones the upward pressure on prices will now dig into that selective group, c3po, r2, tie plot and biker are must have everything else is on the chopping board

Back