Statue Witch-King in True Form Statue.. Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-King in True Form Statue

Boy, it's getting ridiculously expensive to be a Witchking/Ringwraith focused collector. This must be where SS makes all their money on this license 'cause it seems like these are the only LOTR pieces they do anymore.

Seriously SS! It's time to move onto some of the other dozen of characters and give my wallet a rest....

Way to undermine the value of the original though . . .

As an owner of the original, that's what I'm afraid of.

Apart from that, the sneak-peek looks great. Yeah the pose is a bit similar to SSW's statue, but like others have said, with only 5 seconds screentime, what would you expect. I'm looking forward to see how this one turns out, but I won't be ordering.

A real deception for some reasons. I can buy a lot of characters from the list you have done at another post and can give more names that I'll buy...near 30 differents statues, but this one is like the old version, and I've got it and this new one gives NOTHING to the old. If they wanted make something different they hadn't success on it...and if they wanted the same statue with a different base they have done it.
The 3 last releases have been Nazguls (maquette-PF-maquette), and if I see the Morgul LOrd maquette the next it will be very funny.
Anyway, if you are happy with it just enjoy the news and the statue, as I can think that it's a deception, becouse at the end, are just personnal opinions.

You're not using the word correctly. Just to let you know as it totally messes up what you're trying to get at. There was no deception and we were not deceived by anyone. Yes, there are other choices and ones we're looking forwards to more. This is still a cool announcement and as was pointed out there isn't a lot you can do with this version as we only saw it for one quick second. So enjoy the SSW version which is nice (I had it back in day) and some of us will enjoy this one.

Looks great and should display nicely with the Ringwraith. As a standalone piece I prefer the pose on the original Weta one.

At last we see movement in the maquette line, not the character we expected but hey better than nothing.
I see very successful Sideshow by copying the same pose as in the previous statue, these two exhibits together will be amazing.

I'm more confident every day that we will see at Comic Con a couple of Hobbits maquette, I have this intuition.

But globla'm glad to see that this line becomes animated, as I have great faith in it.

So this is the maquette line right? Made to mirror the Ringwrath? That sounds like I'll be making two purchases.

Which one is the SSW original everybody's referring to? The polystone statue? I thought it was SS, not Weta...

SS/W = Sideshow Weta, which was the collaboration they did.

If SS wants to make this one an easy order, the EX will be a switch of heads, to reflect one of the other Twilight wraiths. How's THAT for an EX?

So this is the maquette line right? Made to mirror the Ringwrath? That sounds like I'll be making two purchases.

Yes, the statue line and it appears it's a mirror image of the Ringwraith.

Josh, I was going to answer you and your last post, but we're going to start something without sens.
I just hope you enjoy your statue, and I hope you respect my opinion.

Wow, really? I guess this is ok for people who missed the SSW version, but in all honesty it'll probably cost near enough what it would set you back to buy the SSW original!
Also, face and crown seem off :lol

Isn't the SSW version going for at least $500? This won't be more than $250-275.

It seems SS is just re-hashing the old weta line. Give us a Mouth of Sauron Statue, or put him on Steed. Make Gandalf n Frodo in "Horse Carrage". Theres so many things that can be done. I'm sure this will be an awesome piece, but I already seen it done. Time to start making LEGOs in PF form.

lego-lotr.jpg

I so wish there was a way to make Lego look as good as they do in the promo shots. I know, they are toys, to be played with but come on...

If SS wants to make this one an easy order, the EX will be a switch of heads, to reflect one of the other Twilight wraiths. How's THAT for an EX?

Same thought exactly, tweak a head and an arm to give a different pose BUT then it wouldn't be the witch-king now would it?

Maybe the Frodo maquette will be him getting stabbed by this guy :)

Oh sweet!
For some reason I thought it was a PF so I wasn't going to get it but now I'm really excited!

Witch King looks amazing...:yess:

Is any one here having problems going on Shadow and Flame forum ??:gah:

I am getting 404Not found:gah:

Back