Windows 7 bitlocker encryption locked out my laptop. Need Help.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VS1976

Super Freak
Reaction score
I left my laptop dormant for a few weeks and when I plugged it in, I entered my encryption password. Normally this starts the computer and I can login to my Windows user ID and password.

However this is not the case, it will not boot up to Windows 7 screen. Instead it goes to the bitlocker encryption part were you have to enter a 8 part 6 number code (48). Well I don't have this and it is not letting me access my laptop.

I tried to do the safe mode F8 but it would not allow me to do it. Is there a way to bypass the bitlocker? Should I take it to a computer tech? I just don't want to lose all my files especially when they have a lot of my statues photos.

If bitlocker could be simply circumvented then what use would it have in securing the contents of your hard drive? Is this a work laptop? If so they should be able to provide a bitlocker recovery key.

So unless you have been doing regular backups (which is the smart thing to do) or you have a bitlocker recovery key, or you have advanced cryptanalysis skills, you my friend are ****ed.

There are two kinds of data. The data you've lost and the data you have yet to loose. Always backup. Some malware, called ransomware, such as cryptolocker encrypts your personal files and will only provide the decryption key if you pay a hefty sum.

Last edited:
Depending how badly you want the contents, you can try forensic tools like passware. Its not free. Version 9.5 is required so you may be able to get a pirated copy. This scrapes ram for keys so if you shut off the laptop for an extended period, it might not work.

www.lostpassword.com

I left my laptop dormant for a few weeks and when I plugged it in, I entered my encryption password. Normally this starts the computer and I can login to my Windows user ID and password.

However this is not the case, it will not boot up to Windows 7 screen. Instead it goes to the bitlocker encryption part were you have to enter a 8 part 6 number code (48). Well I don't have this and it is not letting me access my laptop.

I tried to do the safe mode F8 but it would not allow me to do it. Is there a way to bypass the bitlocker? Should I take it to a computer tech? I just don't want to lose all my files especially when they have a lot of my statues photos.

If your computer can lock you out like that, why don't you have the bitlocker code?

Take it to a tech.

Back