1/6 Will you keep collecting Star Wars figures post-Skywalker era?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you keep collecting Star Wars figures post-Skywalker era?

• Yes

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 40 33.3%
  • Wait and see

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • Decide on a character-by-character basis

Votes: 41 34.2%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
With Rian Johnson and now Benioff/Weiss set to take the SW saga beyond the Skywalker era, will you be taking the opportunity to exit this expensive hobby, or are you excited for the possibilities to come?

As for me, I think I'll take the opportunity to quit. My collecting has been driven by nostalgia for the original saga, so after that I doubt I'll be maintaining much interest in SW.

I’m excited about the New B & W series announced but probably nothing from Rian if the last Jedi is an indication of his work.

Star Wars wise I will collect OT almost exclusively. Still a lot of OT stuff that HT can make. Will have to see if they follow through on their threat to go deep and make stuff like the Gonk. Will also buy a very select few from the PT like Anakin. I'm done with stuff produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson though, line drawn.

I'm a Star Wars fan, not just an OT fan. I look forward to seeing what they come up with.

I will always be OT centric in my collecting and if more movies come out in the vein of R1 I will continue to buy new characters. However if they continue to make a joke of everything then the answer is a big NO! I can't imagine buying anything from the RJ trilogy after TLJ just on principle.

I have a feeling that all ST haters will hate everything to come. They should probably just find the pre-updated OT and just watch it over and over.

I don't know. I think it's a good leaping off point now after the last jedi.

I also don't like return of the jedi so even figures from that are kind of meh to me.

I really just love empire strikes back. A new hope is a distant 2nd. It has a charm all its own though.

I suppose it's a case by case basis because I can like a design of a figure while not really liking what the character did in the movie.

What I really want are dioramas from the movies. I'm pretty set on 1/6 figures as it is. I'm still wanting jazz to make the I am your father scene from empire.

I have a feeling that all ST haters will hate everything to come. They should probably just find the pre-updated OT and just watch it over and over.

Please convince disney and lucasfilm to release those and I would do just that. :)

No, however its for a different reason than hating on anything new Star Wars wise. I stared on the weekend clearing out my figures, comics, well anything collectible wise. I found I lost the desire, will, what have you to keep putting the time, money and space into this hobby.

I probably won't buy much from the new stuff.... I really haven't looked any Disney SW other than rogue 1. Rian Johnson is a tw#t and Kathleen K doesn't know crap about SW. If there is a cool looking character, OT, or PT I may buy.

It must suck not having standards... if the ST was good and felt as if it continued the story of the previous 6 films with respect to the ones before then many of us wouldn't dislike the ST as much.

It must suck not having standards... if the ST was good and felt as if it continued the story of the previous 6 films with respect to the ones before then many of us wouldn't dislike the ST as much.

I wouldn’t call what you have “standards.” It’s more like obsession. It’s unhealthy to fixate on an imagined narrative based purely on nostalgia to the point where you can’t accept reality. If Disney merely paid fan service, the movies would be pretty terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Star Wars every year til I die please!

Yup, milk it, i've been waiting for this since i was 8 years old. I'll do what i always did and buy all the characters that i think look cool.

I wish i could go back in time and tell "kid me" : "It's gonna be ok kiddo, someday you'll be able to see a new Star Wars movie EVERY YEAR!"

9.1-Success.jpg

Even if HT runs out of OT characters they want to make, there is always the PT. It has been discussed at length here, but the kids who grew up with the PT are now becoming collectors. That said, I welcome any PT figures from HT. The future films I will judge on a case by case basis, buying only what I really like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I look forward to the new saga to be written by the GOT guys.
Will only collect figures from OT, PT, Rogue one, Episode 7 and probably Episode 9 and maybe any other good, or at least campy fun star wars movies.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Back