Action Figure Will you buy the Bat?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy the 1/12 scale Bat (either offering)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1:6 Hot Toys '89 Batwing.

Wouldn't buy at any price point I don't think. I literally have no room. I suppose it could be mounted on a wall for the moon silhouette effect, but I dunno. The Batmobile and Batpod is enough for me

You?

Wouldn't buy at any price point I don't think. I literally have no room. I suppose it could be mounted on a wall for the moon silhouette effect, but I dunno. The Batmobile and Batpod is enough for me

You?

Ohhh. I might let myself miss it. Its weird. With a maxed out credit card I was spending like a mofo ''whats another 100, whats another 400''. Now my card is clear, and I'm suddenly reluctant to spend anything. With my present mindset then, I would have to say 'no' I suppose.

Ohhh. I might let myself miss it. Its weird. With a maxed out credit card I was spending like a mofo ''whats another 100, whats another 400''. Now my card is clear, and I'm suddenly reluctant to spend anything. With my present mindset then, I would have to say 'no' I suppose.

you are finally growing up :goodpost: lol

you are finally growing up :goodpost: lol

I've seen countless people before me down through the years make the kind of posts that I'm making lately. Everyone seems to reach this point eventually. The constantly rising prices almost certainly play a role. Eventually the desensitisation comes to a halt and everyone is forced to admit to themselves ''****....that's a lot of money''

I've seen countless people before me down through the years make the kind of posts that I'm making lately. Everyone seems to reach this point eventually. The constantly rising prices almost certainly play a role. Eventually the desensitisation comes to a halt and everyone is forced to admit to themselves ''****....that's a lot of money''

really depends. I plan to collect forever. If something is too expensive, then Ill pass and not really think twice about it. I dont mind spending the $800 on The Bat because i spend more than that a year on collectibles, so I just cut out other pieces that I might have gotten. Set a yearly budget for yourself and stick to it. If I was only able to buy 1 figure per year, then thats a different story, but I give myself a budget per month to spend on collectibles and comics. The Bat price wont effect anything. And its actually good that its out now, rather than a few years ago when the Trilogy was still being made. Now most of the stuff has been made, there won't be that many more pieces to collect. Maybe 1-2 more a year if we are lucky, like a Heath Joker PF, which still even if they announced it today would be a year before its out.

Yup, happens every time.

My favorite feeling is when I would walk into my room, look around at what I amassed (and the money I spent) and start thinking "what have I done here", before I start hyperventilating into a foaming frenzy of couldas, wouldas and shouldas.

Yeah I kind of reached the point about a year ago, I Still buy some stuff (specially if i see it for cheap), but I definitely know about that breaking point too well.

the collector in me will never die but at one point you just go, "I really don't need this, this is just an impulse buy.... control your mind" After that point a lot of stuff seems not worth getting

Yeah, I think the regular joes among us (financially speaking) would all eventually come to having an epiphany and realize that high-end figure collecting is a luxury we someday need to cut back on if not completely stop. Not even "setting aside budget" for it would make sense if life priorities come forward (in my case, mortgage). Good for those who are making really good money and can afford to sustain the hobby.

Not down for the Bat (just not a fan of TDKR or the design -- for me, the franchise ends with TDK), but I would spend this kind of money if 1:12 Star Wars vehicles were ever made by HT (I do kinda think you Nolanites have been spoiled for choice, a bit). I'll probably never get the chance, but I'll bet this Bat will be very impressive in-hand. Would love to see it, once it's released. Hopefully my LCS will have one out for display.

If only there was a Hot Toys Harley Fat Boy.

T2_FatBoy_07.jpg

I'm honestly 50/50. Probably need to see some in hand pics to really decide, but the whole 1/12 scale does make me pause cause its so out of scale with the rest of the collection. This poll really should have a third option to vote undecided.

The poll ends in 2016. Plenty of time decide "yes" or "no" by the time it ends.

Back