Action Figure Will you buy the Bat?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy the 1/12 scale Bat (either offering)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its out of scale with every thing else but I might consider it if I flex it that way it will not be sucb a burden all at once

Yup, love the Bat. TDK trilogy is my favorite. A must have for me. Plus I like the scale. 1/6 would be way too big. At 1/12 it's like the size of the other Batmobiles. So it's already huge. And I like 6 inch figures. So all in all I'm excited about it. If I'm the only one makes no difference to me. It's my collection not anyone else's. :)

Well, that's what counts.

I agree..it is a must have if you are a completist..however the half scale will eliminate ALOT of 1/6 collectors and the price is very high for what you get. I WANT it but most likely won't buy it.

Ya, like i said in another thread, im just going to budget myself for this. I rather have the Bat than say any Marvel figures that come out in 2015. and anything Batman comes first for me. So I can easily give up 3-4 figures that aren't Batman to buy The Bat. I think I bought 12 figures this past year. I would easily give up 3-4 of them for The Bat. Luckily I dont have to cancel anything remaining on PO this year since this is not coming out until end of 2015. So once all the Winter Soldier stuff is paid for, all I got really is The Bat. If a couple of Star Wars or other Batman figures happen in 2015, then thats all I would want. None of the big 2015 movies interest me to buy the figures. So all i can think of is really any Returns figures, maybe more TDK if they do any more. So with figure money I spend per year, I think I will be fine. If it was this year The Bat came out, then I would have had to cancel all the Winter Soldier stuff which I would have been bummed about. So im psyched its a end of 2015 release :)

I'll most likely pass on this since it'll be out of scale with everything else and the Bat isn't on the level as the Tumbler or Bat-pod to me. I'd rather put the money towards the '66 Batmobile.

Reduced scale because it would be too big for the existing line? This is what Nolan gets when he doesn't consider the toy ramifications of his directorial/story decisions. Burton and Schumacher would have never made this rookie mistake. ;)

ymaga4ej.jpg

I might try and pick up the 1/12 Batman & Catwomen but as for the Bat, it looked ugly in the movie it looked ugly when HT made the 1/6 version and it still looks just as ugly in 1/12.

No for me. I wasn't crazy about the design even though The Bat had cool scenes.

What I want is the 89 Batwing.

If a 1/12 Bat is $780 for 2014, a frickin' Batwing from the '89 film would be $900 or even $1000.

Nobody would buy that ****, even if Hot Toys included a 6" Keaton Batman and Joker and his float. The wingspan would be ridiculous.

If a 1/12 Bat is $780 for 2014, a frickin' Batwing from the '89 film would be $900 or even $1000.

Nobody would buy that ****, even if Hot Toys included a 6" Keaton Batman and Joker and his float. The wingspan would be ridiculous.

I don't think it would be. The Bat is far more complex in details, moving parts, and lights. The Batwing is fairly simple in comparison. I think it could work and be priced similar if not a bit lower than the 89 Batmobile. At least that's what I was expecting when Hot Toys originally cancelled the 1/6 Bat and rumors were talking about a smaller scale version. I just assumed a smaller scale Batwing would have to be cheaper than a 1/6 Batmobile. It certainly won't cost as much as the Cinemaquette Batwing which was $1500 I believe. And that didn't have working weapons. I was ready to get that Batwing but for the price it needed the missile compartment. I don't know why it didn't have the missiles if it was from the actual model. Also didn't Hot Toys tease a Batwing image at SDCC last year? I think it had Joker with the target on him.

Someone posted this here or on the SF. I think the smaller scale could work. Anyone know the scale of the Cinemaquette version? I'll play around with the math later on.

Attachments

• Batman_Keaton_vs_Bale_Blueprints.jpg
    Batman_Keaton_vs_Bale_Blueprints.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 397
I remember that diagram. For some reason, I always thought it was bigger than those dimensions. The real prop model miniature really dwarfs the Batman model that is sitting in the cockpit.

If the scale for that Batwing is accurate, Hot Toys could conceivably make a 1/6 Batwing that could fit in a shipper box. Granted, the left and right wings detach and are placed inside the shipper box. They could be stacked in the foam trays.

image.jpg

The box would be no larger than the '89 Batmobile and would be between that and the Tumbler boxes.

Back