Will HotToys EVER resurrect the Aliens brand?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooo much missed opportunity here. Someday, there will be a company that will pick up the Alien franchise as a license and do it pure justice. Til then we have to deal with 15 year old Colonial Marines that look nothing like the actors, a Big Chap that looks nothing like the Big Chap because HotToys wanted to allow “Artistic License” in its design, and Alien Warriors who can’t even bend at the knees...

Oh yeah... and no 1:6 Vehicles.

But we have 1,679 Iron Men and 178 versions of Batman.

If not for the fact they are busy milking Marvel and DC licences, I'd wager there should be a good chance. They've already reissued the drone alien, and there has been a resurgence in the franchise via Neca and Hiya Toys recently. So it would make sense.

I wouldn't count on it, Hot Toys will most likely continue to produce countless iterations of "Iron Man" and "Avengers" because, after all, this is what interest the modern american teenagers the most.

Sad but true.

I wouldn't count on it, Hot Toys will most likely continue to produce countless iterations of "Iron Man" and "Avengers" because, after all, this is what interest the modern american teenagers the most.

Sad but true.

It’s soooo annoying. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m a massive comic fan and loves me some Marvel and DC but HotToys needs to let up! I feel like every week there’s another Batman, Thor or another Iron Man coming out or being previewed. I mean holy hell! It’s overkill! How do you people that collect the Marvel/ Iron Man figures even keep track!?

Hot Toys is lost within the comic figures and Star Wars. It's nice when they go back to their routes but I'm just am not optimistic we will see anything Alien related for who knows how long and of course no Terminator either. Maybe Predator stuff since the new movie but other then that. Nadda.

This pretty much sums it up.

jqEk5TO.gif

Now that HT is done with SW (search your feelings you know it to be true) it's just a matter of time before we see Power Loader Ripley and Romero Joker. :lecture
They will never be done with Star Wars just because nothing was shown on May the 4th and no Solo figures released yet doesn't mean they are done making figures from one of the most loved and highly collected franchise ever. I dont think we will ever see that Power Loader and Romero Joker sadly its the truth.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Not that they'll admit it but the fact that you still can buy every TFA figure at MSRP and the lack of TLJ announcements speaks volumes. I'd still love to see more PT figures and cool creatures but not more stormtroopers.

I think HT is done with the Alien franchise. Ripley was a slow seller and Alien girl was a joke. Anyone who sold their original power loader after their last announcement will be kicking themselves. Someone announced a Bishop figure a while back. I think unofficial releases are all we will be getting, if any.

I blame their ****** choices and delays. If they did Hicks and knocked it out of the park it would sell out fast like Neo.

Back