Will HotToys EVER resurrect the Aliens brand?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xeno Junkie

Super Freak
Reaction score
I’m just waiting for us to get some modern day Colonial Marines already. The ones from yesterday are extremely dated and have less than stellar likeness to the actors they portray.

I’m still even waiting on the Prometheus line that was previewed or even the current Ripley in Powerloader.

Yes, we just got the Alien Ripley not that long ago, however it just seems like the Alien license is soooo untapped with so much potential. Come on HotToys!!

I would say 'no' is the likely answer. But new USCMs would be the most exciting Hot Toys figures for me since BD Robocop.

Mmh no... I don’t think we’ll see anything but maybe the Aliens Ripley and an updated Big Chap. No minor characters... but I guess everything is possible.
With that said, the old marines can look pretty good with some custom sculpts.
I personally, would rather see some Nostromo crew members or even some updated spacesuits. But I’m pretty sure that will never happen.

On the positive side, more and more companies will emerge and acquire these licenses as time goes on. We have more options today than we did in 2006, taking both retail and the secondary market into account. We're certainly seeing this with statues.

As P. would say, in regards to HT Predators, I feel that if they did make new Marines, a lot of the accessories would be extremely simplified, one-piece accessories and armour pieces and nowhere near as detailed as the originals. Funny, as most other 1/6 military figure manufacturers have made accessories and firearms more detailed, HT has opted to go the opposite direction for the most part, and, for me, the detailed accessories are a big part of military style figures.

The horrible truth is no. The worst part of that is that they will pay to retain the license to stop everyone else from doing it too.

Such an absolute shame. The Colonial Marines would be a huge hit. The line and soooo many characters that are missed opportunities. I really hope they have an awakening one day and start to concentrate on the Alien license like they do Star Wars or Iron Man (yeah right...).

New colonial marines would be outstanding but it’ll never happen. The license doesn’t include the rights to the actors likenesses so the marines could be an expensive endeavor. And without Iron Man like sales, they likely won’t make a huge investment in acquiring all those rights.

do hot toys even produce anything today? i haven't seen new threads for a while.

As for the new Predator film... I don't know if I'd want it to flop, but judging from the little bits I've seen of the film it seems like they're ruining Predator.
they're not. AVP, AVPR and Rodrigators left nothing to ruin. even LGBT hippie half-elf, half-robot jajuja with mutant superpowers, raping each other based on "honor" score difference won't be a surprise by now.

We will have to deal with years of Marvel stuff....with the occasional SW release.......

Maybe one or two non-disney properties a year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah Hot Toys is playing corporate games now....

Instead of actually making a product from the licenses they hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I know is the happiness I felt selling my Ripley. There’s a figure I want to forget. If half ass to nothing is what we are to expect from HT. I’ll go with nothing. Ask me a few years back when prices were $170-$200, I would have said yes to Marine. But in today’s world of almost $400 CAN for a single figure…..price is to high for me to even care!!!

All I know is the happiness I felt selling my Ripley. There’s a figure I want to forget. If half ass to nothing is what we are to expect from HT. I’ll go with nothing. Ask me a few years back when prices were $170-$200, I would have said yes to Marine. But in today’s world of almost $400 CAN for a single figure…..price is to high for me to even care!!!

Hah Ripley really is a traumatic experience for you isn’t it? You mention selling her a lot [emoji6] ...I sense doubt in you.
...Ripley was fine in my opinion. Don’t know what more you wanted. The rooted hair maybe?...that would have pissed off the other half of the collectors. A less flat expression? ...that’s kind of what HT go with most of the time.

All I know is the happiness I felt selling my Ripley. There’s a figure I want to forget. If half ass to nothing is what we are to expect from HT. I’ll go with nothing.

Ripley looked pretty solid to me, but I can definitely relate to that feeling with a different figure. The Crow was a major disappointment.

Back