1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

One of the coolest things of this announcement is that Disney actually managed to keep it secret. there were no whispers or leaks at all. Totally out of left field and main actor also confirmed. Love that sort of surprise.

I think they'll announce Alan Tudik at Celebration, however K2SO could also come at a later point to change the story & dynamic a bit. Perhaps Season 2 ?

Drakes right though, these sort of characters do lend themselves to easier less restrictive story telling, and a different styles. Mandalorian : Western. Cassian : Spy/Thriller

I've seen a lot of people wanting Jedi/Sith action. (#metoo). Surely that has to be B&W Old Republic stuff.

If Disney does that perhaps we will all be happy campers again....

It’ll be us older OT Fans staying home watching the Star Wars on TV while all the young whipper-snappers be going to the Moving-pictures to watch that new-fangled Space Wars mumbo jumbo... hehe

One of the coolest things of this announcement is that Disney actually managed to keep it secret. there were no whispers or leaks at all. Totally out of left field and main actor also confirmed. Love that sort of surprise.

I think they'll announce Alan Tudik at Celebration, however K2SO could also come at a later point to change the story & dynamic a bit. Perhaps Season 2 ?

Drakes right though, these sort of characters do lend themselves to easier less restrictive story telling, and a different styles. Mandalorian : Western. Cassian : Spy/Thriller

I've seen a lot of people wanting Jedi/Sith action. (#metoo). Surely that has to be B&W Old Republic stuff.

I don't know about about K2SO, his capture and missions following that are already told in comics. I think they might focus more on the Andor's past long before this.

I don't know about about K2SO, his capture and missions following that are already told in comics. I think they might focus more on the Andor's past long before this.

Can't be that long before as Luna will already be older than he was in Rogue One by a few years. Hope K-2 is in it since he was the best part of the movie. One problem Star Wars keeps putting on themselves over and over is killing a character and then doing a prequel about them -- it's honestly far less exciting for me knowing that the character will definitely never die (Anakin/Ben/3PO/R2 in Episode I-III), Solo (w/Lando, Chewie), now Cassian here.

Well I did say Season 2 for K2SO. It's just he was such a well received character they will have to incorporate him into it at some point. I know there are the comics, but what percentage of people are there who read those ? There's also nothing stopping them from doing an adaptation of the comic story ?

Anyway I think it's great that we should get another chance at a Cassian HT figure to go with Jyn.

Also wondering if we'll get a Vader cameo at some point. Wouldn't be surprised if we see him in action somewhere. Perhaps not directly in contact with Cassian, but somehow involved or the reason Cassian is on a mission. To be honest after the reception the end of Rogue One got, I think it's almost a given. I'm calling end of Season 1 finale.

Can't be that long before as Luna will already be older than he was in Rogue One by a few years. Hope K-2 is in it since he was the best part of the movie. One problem Star Wars keeps putting on themselves over and over is killing a character and then doing a prequel about them -- it's honestly far less exciting for me knowing that the character will definitely never die (Anakin/Ben/3PO/R2 in Episode I-III), Solo (w/Lando, Chewie), now Cassian here.

It's a trend, gotta stick to it ! :lol

No but you're right, it does detract from the character arc. Maybe they'll keep them relatively short like only do 2-3 seasons. Guess it'll depend on the ratings both of them get.

Wait ...all SW fans are not happy!?
[emoji1787]

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

The lead character in practically every show is pretty much guaranteed to never die unless the show itself is finishing, or else the actor wants out but the makers want the show to continue on regardless, and even in both those cases it is still rare that they conclusively kill the (old) lead character off, so honestly, I don't see too much problem in knowing Andor's ultimate fate, really. They can still put the character through the ringer in all kinds of different ways, both physically and emotionally.

So, yeah, can't say it bothers me at all, really. But maybe that's just me. :)

The lead character in practically every show is pretty much guaranteed to never die unless the show itself is finishing, or else the actor wants out but the makers want the show to continue on regardless, and even in both those cases it is still rare that they conclusively kill the (old) lead character off, so honestly, I don't see too much problem in knowing Andor's ultimate fate, really. They can still put the character through the ringer in all kinds of different ways, both physically and emotionally.

Season 1 Cassians fall. How he became a rebel.
Season 2 Cassian learns how to be a good rebel.
Season 3 Cassian becomes jaded and starts making choices that blur he line...

End series....

Season 1 Cassians fall. How he became a rebel.
Season 2 Cassian learns how to be a good rebel.
Season 3 Cassian becomes jaded and starts making choices that blur he line...

End series....

Cassian has been a rebel spy since he was seven, as he says in RO. This is an early pic Disney released from Season 1...

7bf5eab3579ad7a6ebd705f5a7dfb424.jpg

Cassian has been a rebel spy since he was seven, as he says in RO. This is an early pic Disney released from Season 1...

7bf5eab3579ad7a6ebd705f5a7dfb424.jpg

LOL, yeah flashbacks man....flashbacks.......

That kid is stylin....

Well I did say Season 2 for K2SO. It's just he was such a well received character they will have to incorporate him into it at some point. I know there are the comics, but what percentage of people are there who read those ? There's also nothing stopping them from doing an adaptation of the comic story ?

Anyway I think it's great that we should get another chance at a Cassian HT figure to go with Jyn.

Also wondering if we'll get a Vader cameo at some point. Wouldn't be surprised if we see him in action somewhere. Perhaps not directly in contact with Cassian, but somehow involved or the reason Cassian is on a mission. To be honest after the reception the end of Rogue One got, I think it's almost a given. I'm calling end of Season 1 finale.

I'm just saying that a lot of stories is already written, so their hands are a bit tied in this matter.

Han could have been killed off at the end of Empire when he goes into Carbonite, point being you just don’t know when you initially see it, and then Ford did ask to be killed off in Jedi. Unfortunately that became so well known that it was not a surprise when he was killed off in TFA.

Kenobi dies in ANH, Biggs role was cut down but he dies too and it wouldn’t have been too far fetched for Wedge to die in Jedi. It’s not all cut and dry in the OT.

There’s just a feeling of, “Oh you liked him? Maybe we shouldn’t have killed him off. Here’s an idea, let’s do a prequel.” Would have rather seen him live and then some post-RO stories.

I'm just saying that a lot of stories is already written, so their hands are a bit tied in this matter.

I know they say the comics and novels are supposed to be canon now... but I fully expected that some of that stuff would get pushed aside as time went on anyway. Especially with all the anthology movies and TV spinoffs and cartoons that have been announced.

And honestly I'm fine with that, since to me the live-action stuff has always been more important (and is also a whole lot easier to follow).

Canon? It's the new Star Wars! What canon!?!

Canon is comparatively easy when you have movies coming out every 3 years with a finite story. Canon is inconsequential when you get yearly movies, three or more TV series, and an undetermined number of cartoons based on the property.

I think on the totem pole, movies take precedence and can rewrite any other mediums canon. Live action TV comes next, cartoons a close third, and comics and novels being an afterthought.

Heck, look at DC and Marvel. What does canon even mean when you get that much output?

This series goes into production next year?

Even allowing for a quicker turnaround on TV, another year before it starts?

Hot toys announce a figure and show a prototype, another year to be made?

Cassian hits shelves?

This timeline does not allow for delays due to changes in director etc.

Well, looks like Disney found a great solution to the "too much Star Wars" problem...

Have 40-50 one hour SW episodes spread over two series ready to stream within 18 months.:lol

"Disney CEO Bob Iger told The Hollywood Reporter that they did “too much, too fast,” and fans can expect “some slowdown” for the franchise."

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

This series goes into production next year?

Even allowing for a quicker turnaround on TV, another year before it starts?

Hot toys announce a figure and show a prototype, another year to be made?

Cassian hits shelves?

This timeline does not allow for delays due to changes in director etc.

My rough timing would be;

* Show goes into production in 2019
* So they will be probably aiming for Cassian TV release say mid 2020. With the Mandalorian Season 2 at the end of 2020.
* As the Cassian character himself is not top secret, I'd like to think Toy companies like HT would get images/data from Lucasfilm to work with relatively early so some
toy releases can coincide with the TV release.
* So I'd be thinking Cassian proto and pre-orders pretty close to the TV airing say mid 2020. (HT probably won't commit until they see how it's received).
* Production figures available early/mid 2021. i.e by the start of Season 2.

Just my guess. But yeah, it'll be a while.

I know they say the comics and novels are supposed to be canon now... but I fully expected that some of that stuff would get pushed aside as time went on anyway. Especially with all the anthology movies and TV spinoffs and cartoons that have been announced.

And honestly I'm fine with that, since to me the live-action stuff has always been more important (and is also a whole lot easier to follow).

It's the reason why they threw everything away into Legends and started their own canon novels and comics. Everything is now connected. So any messing with it is a certain no.

I hope we get some more info on this soon. It's too long to wait until Celebration.

Back