1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love for Hot Toys Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

Chirrut had the advantage of Donnie Yen being big in South-East Asia. Kind of like Johnny Depp making Tonto and Ichabod Crane viable.

Krennic would have been a good release because of the costume and how it would look next to a couple of death troopers.

Cassian and Baze were decent in the movie, but I don't think they'd be big sellers.

Collectors will often say a character they want made, but when the time comes to fork out the $200 + for it, it gets passed over. With so much being made now as well, I imagine figures get dropped from the want list quite often.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Perhaps they're testing the waters with Tarkin to gauge interest in Imperial officers.

If he sells well, maybe we'll get Krennic or other officers.

I feel they've been a little skittish with Star Wars after TFA with the glut of unsold figures, i.e. only doing one Shoretrooper variant (although hopefully for now since I'd love all three).

Krennic would have such immense shelf presence alongside the Death Troopers, near a display of Tarkin, Vader, the Emperor, Royal Guards, and Stormtroopers.

Would love a new 1:6 Thrawn, too (who could also be displayed with Death Troopers). Come on, Sideshow. Do a v2.

For all those who do 3 per Detolf setups, Krennic & 2 Deathtroopers is a no brainer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps they're testing the waters with Tarkin to gauge interest in Imperial officers.

If he sells well, maybe we'll get Krennic or other officers.

I feel they've been a little skittish with Star Wars after TFA with the glut of unsold figures, i.e. only doing one Shoretrooper variant (although hopefully for now since I'd love all three).

Krennic would have such immense shelf presence alongside the Death Troopers, near a display of Tarkin, Vader, the Emperor, Royal Guards, and Stormtroopers.

Would love a new 1:6 Thrawn, too (who could also be displayed with Death Troopers). Come on, Sideshow. Do a v2.

I agree 100%

Baze was cool but the whole movie I kept thinking he looked like a Ghostbuster.

He does look like a Star Wars Ghostbuster. I'm sure that was a design influence.

Yeah I'm sure any of us could have come up with something a bit cooler than a vacuum cleaner with a chimney !!!

Yeah I'm sure any of us could have come up with something a bit cooler than a vacuum cleaner with a chimney !!!

I agree it does look like a ghostbuster with a vacuum cleaner but its a Mr. Clean ghostbuster figure i want. haha

AGCC is next week they may reveal then as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I would love to have the whole hero team, but a deluxe Cassian would my dream come true. Ideally he'd be packaged in his standard rebel uniform and would include his A280cfe (with attachments for sniper and assault rifle configurations), parka, cold weather pants, and blue vest. It's a lot to dream for, I know.

I'd like to see Bodhi Rook as well. He seems to be more overlooked than anyone. And he ended up being the titular character!

I would think Bodhi has no chance. Most boring character design. They should have hooked him up with some better gear at some point along the way. Maybe after the octopus molested him.

I would love to have the whole hero team, but a deluxe Cassian would my dream come true. Ideally he'd be packaged in his standard rebel uniform and would include his A280cfe (with attachments for sniper and assault rifle configurations), parka, cold weather pants, and blue vest. It's a lot to dream for, I know.

I'd like to see Bodhi Rook as well. He seems to be more overlooked than anyone. And he ended up being the titular character!

Not really if you ask me. That's pretty much the treatment Jyn got and Cassian is none other than the co star of RO. The fact that HT didn't even care offering a regular version of Cassian is what's really puzzling here.

I would think Bodhi has no chance. Most boring character design. They should have hooked him up with some better gear at some point along the way. Maybe after the octopus molested him.
Any same person would have, at the least, changed clothes. But I guess when the side effects include losing one's mind...

Deluxe Cassian could be a two pack with the Rebel Spy he works with. I mean... worked with.:lol

tivik-dm.jpg

What's weird about Cassian is that he comes up with the idea of using a stolen Imperial Shuttle to transport Rebel Commandos to infiltrate an Imperial facility (part of a Rebel plan to destroy a Death Star,) using a stolen Imperial code to pass the blockade... and his last name is Andor.

I wonder if Endor was named in his honor?

It's unfortunate to put house cleaning lady Baze side by side such a marvelous characters as Krennic and Cassian. I can understand why Baze was scrapped. But Krennic and Katarn is a must. I mean, Krennic and Cassian.

What's weird about Cassian is that he comes up with the idea of using a stolen Imperial Shuttle to transport Rebel Commandos to infiltrate an Imperial facility (part of a Rebel plan to destroy a Death Star,) using a stolen Imperial code to pass the blockade... and his last name is Andor.

I wonder if Endor was named in his honor?

Just a lazy screenwriting.

Back