Why no love for Hot Toys Tarkin?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of the simplest $$$ generating figure. How can anyone not do this?:gah:

Tarkin is a must buy for me, such an iconic character. And I'm quite sure they'll nail the sculpt better than SSC did on their Premium Format. Now if they would do a 1/4 Tarkin in the future as well that would be insane.

Come on folks...HT won't even do all the Watchmen and Suicide Squad.

Suicide Squad is a horrible dumpster fire of a movie. It was so bad I nearly left before the end, and I wish that I had. Fans of it are lucky that line went any deeper than harley quinn. Star wars has an insanely rabid fan base almost forty years later. If there are hot topic versions of will Smith and jared leto then Tarkin should be made too.

I'm not debating the popularity of Star Wars vs that turd SS...I'm just saying HT rarely complete lines. I want myself to be wrong. I want Tarkin.

They're just waiting for Tarkins cameo in Rogue One.

Then the fans will go ape.

Then they'll bring out the HT version.

Then HT = $$$

They're just waiting for Tarkins cameo in Rogue One.

I hope this is the case. I hope Disney wants the "Tarkin reveal" to be a surprise to most casual fans and has decreed that Tarkin figures/toys shall remain hidden until the film's release.

I just hope they haven't jacked up his uniform and made it shiny.

There was a lot of press going around that the most expensive CGI single-shot in history was rendering Peter Cushing as Tarkin for Rogue One. So I'd wager it is meant to be real-world and not a fuzzy blue hologram.

More than Vader I'm most curious about how Tarkin is going to play out. It must be the scene with all the Imperials at the viewscreen in the trailer when Krennic arrives.

Ah, I didn't hear that. Maybe it was just 3 seconds, but the most expensive CGI per second. Hope it's a bit more obviously but I guess I do worry about them overdoing it.

Yeah I heard about the CGI version too. Considering what's possible these days, I'd be OK with it. Am sure there will be haters though. There always are.

If they don't do Tarkin, they've gotta do "Two Tubes" !! :rock:rock:rock

star-wars-rogue-one-two-tubes.jpg

The only figure I want from this is a regular, shiny stormtrooper just because the armour looks a bit thinner.

Suicide Squad is a horrible dumpster fire of a movie. It was so bad I nearly left before the end, and I wish that I had. Fans of it are lucky that line went any deeper than harley quinn. Star wars has an insanely rabid fan base almost forty years later. If there are hot topic versions of will Smith and jared leto then Tarkin should be made too.

:lol :lol Agreed.

I heard girls call him "Three Tubes".

:lol

You know just looking at 2 Tubes (or 3 tubes) and the backdrop they've got there, just reminds me how gritty and lived in this movie is going to be. Tarkin however will be clean cut in one of those squeaky clean white Star destroyers though.

I'm pumped.

Back