Why no love for Hot Toys Tarkin?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as important as tarkin was he's just never been a very anticipated figure for me on account of him being a no-show in the original kenner lineup.

Open your mind.

tarkinfig1.jpg

View attachment 280075

We must find Jared Bunnell and fix his broken brain. :lecture

I'd like a Tarkin, but I can understand people who feel he's a bit of a bore. Not a lot to him as a figure.:dunno

He has the kind of face that HT would do so well though. Look at what the level of detail they did with TFA old Han. And they would nail the cut of the uniform.

Kenner focused on robots (droids) and aliens which would have wider appeal towards kids. They were also unprepared for the first movie and ran out of time making more characters when ESB came along. Tarkin was eventually slotted for POTF, but the whole line went belly up before he was made.

Hot Toys is for adults and I think Tarkin deserves a Class A spot now.

Every revealed trooper sporting imperial uniform get us closer to Tarkin and other noticeable officers such as Piett, Veers and even Needa or Ozzel. HT could be tempted to spread tailoring involved with Death Star Trooper over several figures.

The more I think on it, the more I want a Tarkin with a crew and veers with an at at pilot and a handful of snowtroopers. Last week it was a pipe dream. Now it's more likely than not.

Every revealed trooper sporting imperial uniform get us closer to Tarkin and other noticeable officers such as Piett, Veers and even Needa or Ozzel. HT could be tempted to spread tailoring involved with Death Star Trooper over several figures.

That would be great, if so. Tarkin and Piett are must-haves. The others would be cool options.

A choking sculpted head sculpt for Motti would be fantastic!

Shouldn't the thread title be "Why no love for Tarkin, Hot Toys?"

The way it's written I thought there was a Tarkin announced or shown that wasn't getting any traction here. :lol

To weigh in if they never did Tarkin I don't think I'd even notice.

Not a great pic but these are my imperials. All sideshow outfits with new heads.

I need Tarkin.

9c8d4abedb699cd00c00f37aafe0beac.jpg

Sent from the Death Star communication division.

Tarkin=instant buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back