Why no love for Hot Toys Tarkin?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's a major character in ANH and I don't feel the line is complete without him. He's the man who blew up Alderaan for crying out loud!

Yeah, I want Tarkin. I was really hoping we would have seen him.

I have less confidence that he is actually going to be in Rogue One after all the costume reveals and other info so far on the film. It is possible that he will be in it but I wonder if it will be holo-transmission similar to how the Emperor is first revealed in ESB and Snoke in TFA. This would for sure make it easier on the CGI team recreating him.

Yeah, I want Tarkin. I was really hoping we would have seen him.

I have less confidence that he is actually going to be in Rogue One after all the costume reveals and other info so far on the film. It is possible that he will be in it but I wonder if it will be holo-transmission similar to how the Emperor is first revealed in ESB and Snoke in TFA. This would for sure make it easier on the CGI team recreating him.
I think he will be present in person, but he will have a very brief appearance, and that they will use computer animation to make the on-set actor look like Peter Cushing. The voice won't be a problem, as there is a voice actor named Stephen Stanton who does an excellent Tarkin.

I believe this because during the Rogue One behind the scenes reel, there is a brief scene aboard the Death Star, where several actors playing Imperials are present. One of these actors, although barely visible, has a hairline similar to Tarkin.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong. It would probably be easier for them to simply have him appear via hologram.

But everyone's been talking about the most expensive single CGI shot in history is Tarkin.

I've also seen that pic of Krennic looking out the DS's targeting window while behind him, in a crowd of Imperials, is a Tarkin look-a-like.

I just wonder, given the lack of Tarkin figures by every company that has ever produced a Star Wars figure, no matter what scale, is the some issue with Peter Cushing's likeness?

I just wonder, given the lack of Tarkin figures by every company that has ever produced a Star Wars figure, no matter what scale, is the some issue with Peter Cushing's likeness?

SS did a Tarkin PF a few years ago so not sure if that's the case. I wouldn't be surprised since HT is putting out a ton of OT characters that SS hasn't produced that Tarkin is one SS releases along with a Death Star Droid and some imperials from the conference room scene in ANH.

He's just got to be coming. Maybe he's not exciting but Sideshow made Piett and Praji. Both boring. HT is making Gonks. I mean, OK, they're funny, but come on.

Grand Moff Tarkin... or a GONK...?

How about the "Good...our first catch...of the day" guy? When are we finally going to get a Captain Xamuel Lennox in a decent likeness?

Peter Cushing or bust!

2011-05-25-general_tarkin_bust3-682x1024.jpg

That Tarkin bust is insane! I actually used pics of it for reference when painting my 1/6 hs a couple years ago.

Its soooo lifelike, you just sit there waiting for him to blink!

Back