Why have you put an ES on the 1:1 Atom bust, then not number the bust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atheris

Super Freak
Reaction score
This really upset me. I was really looking forward to this bust, I had it on order. It actually came out great and I love the detail and features that it came with along with the low 200 ES listed on your site sold me. Then I come to find you are shipping these to customers as open editions and not numbering the bases and shipping them without art boxes? What were you trying to accomplish with this move?

How do you advertise a statue with a set limit of 200 and then not number them? Very shady business practice.

I cancelled my order today after confirming this with one of your customer service reps.

28f411e528624800d017b54abc63ff2d.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
I to is upset because of this.... I have this bust in order to at Secret Compass..... Im sure its great and all but the thing there made me buy it where the low number 200 ...now they are shipping out whitout numbers or is there something we don't know ? Is the number hitten or is it on a sertificate or ? If not I would like To know what Sideshow will do to follow up on this problem..... One solution could be to reship plaques with engraved number on ?

Please let me know Sideshow..... Regardig the plaques I can help....we need the numbers :exactly:

Just FYI, not all pieces are physically numbered. I know some of my Sideshow Weta Lord of the Rings Statues are limited edition but there isn't a number on the base.

You have a valid question, but you may want to be more diplomatic in the way you approach it. Posting a picture of Stephen Colbert with a smart alec remark won't engender Sideshow to give you a response.

Just my $.02. :dunno

In the big picture of collecting, which is all about having cool stuff in your collection, you cancel because of a number? Hell, send it to me, I'll put #1 of 200 on it for you. It's a cool bust. 200 or 2,000 of them, what does it matter?

You have a valid question, but you may want to be more diplomatic in the way you approach it. Posting a picture of Stephen Colbert with a smart alec remark won't engender Sideshow to give you a response.

Just my $.02. :dunno

I believe SS are the only "smart alec's" at this party. I'm sure plenty of reps at SS seen this thread before I posted that pic, yet none said a thing. Whether I put that picture in my first post or did it next week...if they haven't answered by now...they ain't answering. What does that tell you?

I don't know how they justify the things they do. But this is going to be a tough one to justify. I would love to hear an explanation, but doubt they will offer one up. This is a simple bait and switch. You think your buying something limited that really isn't.

It's the same as if I sold you a red Ferrari and told you it's the only red Ferrari that will ever be made...so I want a million dollars for it. Meanwhile, their are thousands of them. Your just the doop that took the bait.

Chris

Last edited:
In the big picture of collecting, which is all about having cool stuff in your collection, you cancel because of a number? Hell, send it to me, I'll put #1 of 200 on it for you. It's a cool bust. 200 or 2,000 of them, what does it matter?

Ah+-+Nevermind.gif

Chris

Its limited to 200 but just not numbered. I have alot of stuff with edition sizes that are not marked on the base. Its not bait n switch. Its a 200 ES with no base mark. Hopefully my waitlist comes through since you canceled. Price is going to skyrocket with ES 200. Going to be a rare piece.

Does it have to do with Legacy? Does anyone have any Legacy related items that don't have the number on it?

It's the same as if I sold you a red Ferrari and told you it's the only red Ferrari that will ever be made...so I want a million dollars for it. Meanwhile, their are thousands of them. Your just the doop that took the bait.

No, it's like if they said there will be 200 Ferraris, then made 200 Ferraris, but didn't put a big sign on it telling the world that you own one of 200 Ferraris.

200 or 2,000 of them, what does it matter?

Peacock doesn't have feathers because they look pretty. Peacock has feathers because they're prettier than everyone else's.

And how do you know that there are not fewer than 200 when the base isn't marked? This could be more rare than you've been led to believe.

I'm sure plenty of reps at SS seen this thread before I posted that pic, yet none said a thing. Whether I put that picture in my first post or did it next week...if they haven't answered by now...they ain't answering. What does that tell you?

Chris

Chris, you definitely have a valid POV but I guess you have to give them time to get to your question.

The fact is that this is a fan board and there aren't under any obligation to come here and respond to questions of any kind - That's why they run their own website.

It's just out of respect and the sheer support they receive from this board that they actually dedicate their time to us and we should be grateful for that.

Again, I am not undermining your view, it's completely valid and if it were to happen to me I would have a certain level of 'Valid' agitation too.

$800.00 still cheaping out on the artbox ? When you called and cancelled what did they say ?

$800.00 still cheaping out on the artbox ? When you called and cancelled what did they say ?

No much, she didn't even ask why the entire call. Simply said we'll send you an email when the item has been cancelled. I mentioned it near the end of the call why I was cancelling. But still she didn't really seem to care or provide an answer as to why, just said it would be cancelled. The whole call was wrapped up in about 2 minutes.

I did however talk to a Christina a few days ago regarding this via the live chat on their website. This is what was said, still no explanation was given.

Sideshow Christina: Hello.
Thank you for your interest in our products.
This item is limited to an edition size of 200.
This will show onthe base of the item.
Regarding the shipping box, we cannot guarantee whether it will be a plain box or not.
me: Yes, but the busts are arriving to collectors with no edition sized on the bases. A few forum members have got them like this.

Sideshow Christina: Do you know if these were all purchased through the website directly or through retail stores?
Let me just verify the information about the edition with our Returns department. One moment please.
I am sorry for any confusion I may have caused. I have just confirmed that the Atom bust does not have an edition number.
Typically for items with edition sizes they will be numbered but this one will not have one provided.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back