Why aren't the Cold Cathode lightsabers more popular & available???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just FYI, there are some serious fire concerns with his wiring here.

Non of this is UL listed or approved.

Those CC converters are Chinese junk 90% of the time.

I would leave any of this one and unattended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the warning, I'll make I find a converter that's isn't a cheap dangerous piece of crap. I hope most people aren't dumb enough to leave a cathode lightsaber on unattended anyways.

I'm curious about these and tempted to get some, but I'm a little put off by reports of a fire hazard and also needing to switch them off after a short time. To me, the whole point of a light-up lightsaber is to leave it running while I'm in the room - maybe for a few hours. I take this this isn't recommended with CCFL's?
If not, are there alternatives for upgraded lightsabers what you can leave on for long periods?

I'm curious about these and tempted to get some, but I'm a little put off by reports of a fire hazard and also needing to switch them off after a short time. To me, the whole point of a light-up lightsaber is to leave it running while I'm in the room - maybe for a few hours. I take this this isn't recommended with CCFL's?
If not, are there alternatives for upgraded lightsabers what you can leave on for long periods?

What is the lifespan of the CCFL?

I was looking into CCFL too, they look awesome but impractical for the average collector due to the price and safety hazard concerns.

I was excited at first when Hot Toys introduced the USB powered lightsabers but turns out they’re basically the same tech as the old sabers but USB connected instead of powered by those circular batteries (inside the arm).

Much like the BTTF2 hoverboard, I’m afraid we won’t be getting sabers (that are cheap and safe) during our lifetime. 😭

Back