Who's going to buy the trilogy out Tuesday?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just found that there is yet another re-release of the Lord of the Rings DVDs in Germany:

Now you can buy all the movies ("short" versions) as single DVD without the bonus disc for about 8 Euro, at the same time the prices on the 2-Disc "short" releases has been raised to 25 Euros (they were around 10 Euros before) :horror (prices from amazon.de).

I don't see what sense that should make... :confused: That's just bool$hite!

Just checked out the HMV website in the UK and they have the release date for the new dvd's as the 23rd of October!. Almost another 2 months!.
I probably won't be getting them though even for the new documentaries.
I have already got all three EE's and the three theatrical versions in a box set and seperately.
I'm going to wait for the HD versions. Hopefully it won't be too long before the HD dvd add on for the xbox 360 is released.

DonnamiraTook said:
$60.99 on Amazon.

Will the additional commentary be worth the price? I'm hesitating, but I'll probably bite. Too bad they won't/can't just let us buy the commentary without another copy of both editions of the trilogy.

In checking the price on DeepDiscountDVD -- its higher -- I saw they list all of the Collector's Editions with sculptures for about $23 each.

Also anyone a fan of Bean as Sharpe. The newly made Sharpe story and "the making of" will be on BBC America next week.

One set is enough for me.

As to Sharpe. Huge fan. Looking forward to the new movie.

creature4000 said:
I have the 3 extended versions anyway.... I'll pass on anything else.

I feel the same, but the closer we get to release, the more curious I get about the supposed branching and especially the bonus material. Along with the SW set, I may not be able to help myself....

As i've said in the past..get ready for a ultimate boxset.Info from someone who actually worked on all three films so its pretty sound.

bonsey said:
As i've said in the past..get ready for a ultimate boxset.Info from someone who actually worked on all three films so its pretty sound.

Mmmmhh... any more hints..? :tap

Gosh!! Very soon, there will a DVD released entitled "A Record of All the LOTR DVD release since 2001" - a catalogue DVD...

Could it be all about money??

Got my EE's and that is the end-all, be-all of these films. I could go the rest of my life without another documentary about Tolkien, his work, or the movies made from them... :D
And there'll be no winner as far as HD/Blu-ray is concerned. Everything will be downloadable, kids, it'll hit us faster than we think...

Target is going to be selling them for $16.99 each, which will get you the whole set for $51 plus tax. Cheaper than going through Amazon, for those who are interested.

tomandshell said:
Target is going to be selling them for $16.99 each, which will get you the whole set for $51 plus tax. Cheaper than going through Amazon, for those who are interested.

Thanks for the info but no thanks. HD versions or bust.

I never got the theatrical cuts. That, along with the new docs and having a spare set of the Extended cuts when my current discs inevitably wear out for under $20 a movie....I may actually get these.

tomandshell said:

Actually, they are all $16.98 each on Amazon + free shipping + no tax= it is cheaper still.

gabberjawa said:
Actually, they are all $16.98 each on Amazon + free shipping + no tax= it is cheaper still.

I see! :eek: I was comparing it to their price of $60.99 for the box set. If you buy them individually then you do get a better deal through Amazon as you won't pay tax. Sorry!

DonnamiraTook said:
Also anyone a fan of Bean as Sharpe. The newly made Sharpe story and "the making of" will be on BBC America next week.

Oh YEAH! Been a HUGE fan from when they first telecast on US television. Have been looking forward to this since it was anounced about 6-8 months ago.

tomandshell said:
I see! :eek: I was comparing it to their price of $60.99 for the box set. If you buy them individually then you do get a better deal through Amazon as you won't pay tax. Sorry!

And you don't waste money on gas either :naughty

But don't mind me, I'm just an amazon-loving-hermit who sees little appeal in trudging to the local entertainment megamart these days- well, not when you end up paying more, at least.

The dvd's were 17.99 each at Best Buy today or 71.99 for the collected set. Now I am not a math major, but that didn't quite add up. Grabbed Arrested Development Season Three, and walked out. I can't double (or triple) dip on dvd's anymore, this is just ridiculous!

Back