Who is your favorite member of the Watchmen?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is your favorite Watchmen?

• Total voters
Oh, so it should be "Who watches Watchmen?", huh?:D

And Jen's right. I am a product of the American educational system.
:google :lol

Oh, so it should be "Who watches Watchmen?", huh?:D

Not at all.

You're just confusing Juvenal's quote with the actual title of the book/movie and name of the group. But I guess that does happen a lot and many people are inclined to say "The Watchmen" (for the reasons Jen explained). But it would be like calling EPISODE III "The Revenge of The Sith". Or "The Return of The Jedi". Whether it sounds right or not, it's just not the title. And that's partly because many other languages don't use "the", "a", "an", etc to the extent Americans do.

Not at all.

You're just confusing Juvenal's quote with the actual title of the book/movie and name of the group. But I guess that does happen a lot and many people are inclined to say "The Watchmen" (for the reasons Jen explained). But it would be like calling EPISODE III "The Revenge of The Sith". Or "The Return of The Jedi". Whether it sounds right or not, it's just not the title. And that's partly because many other languages don't use "the", "a", "an", etc to the extent Americans do.

Lesson learned.
Thanks, Carl.

:duff

Lesson learned.
Thanks, Carl.

:lol No worries, man. Trust me... it's really a minor nit (though I do try to nip it in the bud as much as possible before the movie comes out). But some truly anal WATCHMEN fans out there will probably knife people. :horror :duh

Believe it or not, Veidt does have his fans. You gotta go to some of the WATCHMEN boards to find them, but they're out there... and quite vocal. :lol

The Watchmen looks like a Batman ripoff with the dude from Iron Man...he's in every movie! STUPID!

As silly as that sounds to "comic book people," that is the exact sentiment I'm hearing from friends that know little about comic books, which is the majority of the public. I know I'm in the minority here but I really don't see this film doing all that well.

As silly as that sounds to "comic book people," that is the exact sentiment I'm hearing from friends that know little about comic books, which is the majority of the public. I know I'm in the minority here but I really don't see this film doing all that well.
Eh. It doesn't really matter. The film (and all of the awesome ancillary tie-ins) already got made. Whether it makes only $10 or $250 million all that will matter to me is whether or not I like it.

That said, I do think it will perform somewhere between the bomb some of you are predicting and the massive smash some others are. The mainstream public knew nothing about 300 before it was released, and look what happened there. Word-of-mouth and initial buzz will tell the tale. Then again, I do not have much faith that the average moviegoer will "get" this at all. But, again, I don't really care one way or the other.

Oh, I like them ALL and would take them over just about any mainstream DC/Marvel character out there. :lecture

Eh. It doesn't really matter. The film (and all of the awesome ancillary tie-ins) already got made. Whether it makes only $10 or $250 million all that will matter to me is whether or not I like it.

That's probably the best attitude for a fan to have, people often get really defensive when a beloved comic isn't received as they wish. No matter what happens, as long as you're a Watchmen fan you should be very happy right now.

That's probably the best attitude for a fan to have, people often get really defensive when a beloved comic isn't received as they wish. No matter what happens, as long as you're a Watchmen fan you should be very happy right now.
Yep. And box office has never been the best indicator of quality anyway.

I have really zero knowledge of Watchmen other than the threads dedicated to toys and the upcoming movie. What would be the best book/comic to purchase to get up to speed? Without reading a bunch of stuff, Is there a Trade paperback or something? :angelsmil

Back