Which video game character would you like to see as a collectible figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1648602834552.png

1648603194285.png

1648603263174.png

1648603323941.png

There isn't any classic Lara figure from the games... Reboot Lara looks nothing like her,so does her wonky figures.
My life has no meaning now :D :(
Sideshow made one over 10 years ago, it's not bad and even better if modded. Not a fan of reboot Lara myself.

Sideshow made one over 10 years ago, it's not bad and even better if modded. Not a fan of reboot Lara myself.
--

Agreed.

When I received mine (exclusive version), it had some quality defects with the outfit. I called Sideshow and explained issue. They sent me a replacement and return shipping label. The replacement was fine. I still have it after all these years.

this thread has turned into an inart facebook group poll with all the obscure **** lining the walls.
--

So?

At least it's not the crap fest permeating in the polls at that group.

The majority here actually have reading comprehension and know the subject/topic being discussed however current, old school, and obscure/vintage it is.

Have that one, she isn't bad but her face is weird as every other Lara figure... Nowadays 1/6 figures improved so much I truly hope someone makes a beautiful goddess Lara we all deserve! Reboot was fun to play as a games but there is nothing iconic about it, especially with Lara's appearance.
There is next game into development, I hope they'll offer us some king of modernised classic Lara,bc that's what fans want.

P.S. absolutely love this thread, happy too see old school gamers.

just him

Attachments

• TraviswithKatanaPromo-723x1024.jpg
    TraviswithKatanaPromo-723x1024.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 8
Has to be mass effect for me too. Sold the bishoujo figures a while back as they were basically statues. Shame threeA didnt carry it on after their shepard and legion wpuld have been a great line
I'm still on the hunt for a Threezero Shepard, I know it's not very good but it's probably the only 1/6 Shepard that will ever exist so...

I'm still on the hunt for a Threezero Shepard, I know it's not very good but it's probably the only 1/6 Shepard that will ever exist so...
I think I got very lucky the other day, a local seller (UK) put it on eBay and I grabbed it within 2 hours for £150. Even with a new body/fixing any parts it’s far less than the £300 I see it listed at. Just the regular edition so no unmasked head, but I remember hearing it wasn’t that great anyway.

I think I got very lucky the other day, a local seller (UK) put it on eBay and I grabbed it within 2 hours for £150. Even with a new body/fixing any parts it’s far less than the £300 I see it listed at. Just the regular edition so no unmasked head, but I remember hearing it wasn’t that great anyway.
Nice! Yes the figure isn't worth any more than $200 imo and that's because it's an unique and old figure now, and you're not missing anything without the unmasked head, it sucked really bad.
21432102413_16e3156386_b.jpg

Nice! Yes the figure isn't worth any more than $200 imo and that's because it's an unique and old figure now, and you're not missing anything without the unmasked head, it sucked really bad.
I definitely agree. It doesn’t quite hold up compared to newer figures today but it scratches the itch. It’s an older game series so I think you’re right when you said it may be the only 1:6 Shepard we see.

They apparently didn’t give valid tracking information and ebay cancelled my order. I wonder if they did that on purpose to sell it for a higher price.

Oh well, the search continues.

Not had much luck with preorders recently. Saw Sugotoys put the Gametoys Sephiroth back on their site so grabbed it for £277, they emailed me saying it was an inventory error but they could find me one for an additional £125. When I asked for further clarification they cancelled it entirely, apparently the extra cost would be to secure it from a 3rd party for ‘market value’. I may as well just find it on eBay rather then get them to buy it and ship it from Australia to England

I definitely agree. It doesn’t quite hold up compared to newer figures today but it scratches the itch. It’s an older game series so I think you’re right when you said it may be the only 1:6 Shepard we see.
It's a damn shame that Mass Effect never got the 1/6 treatment it deserved, even if it's outdated and was never perfect to begin with it's good to have 1/6 Shepard out there, why Threezero followed up with an oversized Legion will never make sense to me.
They apparently didn’t give valid tracking information and ebay cancelled my order. I wonder if they did that on purpose to sell it for a higher price.

Oh well, the search continues.

Not had much luck with preorders recently. Saw Sugotoys put the Gametoys Sephiroth back on their site so grabbed it for £277, they emailed me saying it was an inventory error but they could find me one for an additional £125. When I asked for further clarification they cancelled it entirely, apparently the extra cost would be to secure it from a 3rd party for ‘market value’. I may as well just find it on eBay rather then get them to buy it and ship it from Australia to England
Damn that sucks, I've just gotten extremely lucky and managed to grab one from a local collector, and for under $200 as well, perhaps get in contact with the seller and see if they can retry sending it.

I read that over at the FF7 thread, what Sugo is doing is extremely scummy and you're better off trying to find one on eBay or from a trusted collector, sadly third party figures are always a ***** to try getting after they're sold out, so I wish you tons of luck!

I'm really not a fan of the weird stippling texture on the armor, it's nothing like the promo artwork, that always shows the armor as flat and smooth. You could make an argument that the game model is supposed to have this stipple, since it is present in the texture, but it's not present in the normal map, nor is it present on any of the painted areas, suggesting it's shouldn't have any depth. This is even more obvious in the higher fidelity Andromeda N7 model, the armor is glass smooth, it just has a repeating hexagonal pattern to it.

Gotta be Duke Nukem

duke-nukem-3d-art_1440.0.0.jpg

I know Duke is not very politically correct but I'm still surprised no one has made a DN in 1/6.
He would look awesome in my collection.

I'm really not a fan of the weird stippling texture on the armor, it's nothing like the promo artwork, that always shows the armor as flat and smooth. You could make an argument that the game model is supposed to have this stipple, since it is present in the texture, but it's not present in the normal map, nor is it present on any of the painted areas, suggesting it's shouldn't have any depth. This is even more obvious in the higher fidelity Andromeda N7 model, the armor is glass smooth, it just has a repeating hexagonal pattern to it.
Yeah I agree, the only reason I think they did it like that is because they couldn't print all those patterns on the armor at the time, to be honest I don't even know how you would print that kind of pattern, it's probably why a lot of people go for the stipple effect on their cosplays, sadly didn't translate very well onto the figure, granted it was a while ago now.

Gotta be Duke Nukem

duke-nukem-3d-art_1440.0.0.jpg

I know Duke is not very politically correct but I'm still surprised no one has made a DN in 1/6.
He would look awesome in my collection.
--

Yay.

A real deal 1:6 Vaporware figure that'll take forever before it sees light of day and ends up being a turd.

;) :p

Back