Which version of Batman design/version for PF statue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys running around in their underwear were fine to a 12 year old(or wrestling fans) but Batman is supposed to be in a tactical suit, not a costume. It's described in the books even, as what it looks like in the movies(a goddamn tactical suit) but looks like underwear? A man with infinite resources can't do any better THAN UNDERWEAR? SS should do something different, every other statue of him is already in his PJ's.
:lecture
While tight pants may not be that much "better" than speedos, its still looks better aesthetically IMO. I remember being 8 years old and having a life-size batman poster on my wall. One day I asked my Dad, "Why is Batman's underwear on the outside?" Of course my dad's response was "I dunno son, cause he's Batman"?:dunno

Superman's suit is one of the few designs I could let pass (even though I would prefer speedo-less). Reason being the costume, or at least the fabric, is supposed to be Kryptonian/alien. Hell for all we know the "underwear-outside-your-pants" look was a common fashion on Krypton.:lol (There's been weirder fashions on Earth.)

Says everything that needs to be said. :lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

:lol I see what you're saying. I know its a classic look, and Batman can wear w/e he damn well pleases cause he's Batman and he knows best!:lecture (WWBD?) Perhaps I'm thinking of this the wrong way...maybe we should all follow his example and wear our underwear on the outside???

:lol I see what you're saying. I know its a classic look, and Batman can wear w/e he damn well pleases cause he's Batman and he knows best!:lecture (WWBD?) Perhaps I'm thinking of this the wrong way...maybe we should all follow his example and wear our underwear on the outside???

And yet it's highly ironic how when one does so, the "you think you're some kinda superhero?" remark comes out. :lol

I don't even think twice when I see the superhero underwear or whatever from the comics. Don't even question it, be it comics, cartoons, animated shows, figures or statues. In fact, if it isn't included, it looks "naked" to me if that makes sense. It just looks wrong.

The only time it does look strange is live action films. That's the only time I can't accept the "underwear", trunks look. But the suits, for the most part (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight) are all black armored suits. Visually I just accept that it wouldn't make a damn bit of sense for underwear.

What works in the comics doesn't translate well into real life.

I like to wear my underwear on my head and run around the neighborhood. Unfortunately the cops don't think I'm a superhero. :(

Good point. And I'll have to agree that it doesn't bother me as much in comics, but it does in live-action.

Jim Aparo
jul040587.jpg

or Neil Adams
BatmanIllustratedByNealAdamsVol3.jpg

Guys running around in with underwear have been perfectly acceptable since the 30's. It's only today's homophobic generation that gets panicky about it. :huh
Haha, that homophobic bit came later than I thought it would. I don't care if other superheroes wear their underwear on the outside, I'm saying it doesn't make any sense for Batman, but hey bud if that's what you dig, no hay problema.:gandalf_w

"I dunno son, cause he's Batman"?:dunno

haha

In addition to the Aparo, Neal Adams, Super Powers look, I wouldn't mind these either,

batmanyearonebyscottdut.jpg

img-bt_batman.jpg

90s_Batman_No_Shorts_1.jpg

time04162007_600.jpg

secretoriginsvol2ish6.jpg

Batman_-_Silver_Age.JPG

Last edited:
What about when Batman just landed (can't find a pic) with his cape draped all around him & of course he's looking forward.

Edit:
Something similar but not exactly like this.
Batmancostume.jpg

What about when Batman just landed (can't find a pic) with his cape draped all around him & of course he's looking forward.

Edit:
Something similar but not exactly like this.
Batmancostume.jpg

I think that's a neat idea but Statues always show him as kinda stoic, I'd like something that shows off just how angry he is.

batman6751600x1200.jpg

I do understand the stealth-looking Batman (with his cape draped over his body), but I don't like it. I want to see muscle tone, the logo, utility belt etc..Black or blue works for me.

Back