Which Spiderman version is the better one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn you all! I'm considering buying these now after looking through this thread and the links a few people provided.

I'm sure Hot toys will acquire this license one day but it could be a while off. Even when HT come out with theirs it might be cool to have more than one Spiderman for alternative simultaneous display options

A few questions:

Would these Medicom figures be good stop-gap figures to have before Hot Toys (hopefully) get the license?

How many people have encountered problems with these? The off colours I've read about or maybe poor QC on the body or suit?

What are these innaccuracies on the classic blue/red suit that people mention?

Considering Spiderman is on the short side is the medicom figure in an accurate scale with HT superhero figures up to this point? It looks good next to Iron Man in the pics a few pages back.
Don't worry about scale it'll be fine.

Yes, i think HT will get to do this someday, but i love the medicom SM figs (especially the comic versions) I to think it will be cool to have both versions just like Medicom Wolverine and the new HT Wolvie.

The inaccuracies people speak of is the blue is a little on the light side for the red/blue SM FIG. (NO BIGGIE IN MY BOOK) And the webbing is not silver but graphite (which is actually accurate to the suit, just the movie suit reflects much better)

If you're a SM fan go get em! I'm getting the Red one now, the black one i have and is great. No need to wait till 2011 for HT when you can enjoy these great Medicom ones now for good prices. <!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

But if you really want the coolest............

dsc0040000rv8.jpg

Last edited:

Yes, i think HT will get to do this someday, but i love the medicom SM figs (especially the comic versions) I to think it will be cool to have both versions just like Medicom Wolverine and the new HT Wolvie.

The inaccuracies people speak of is the blue is a little on the light side for the red/blue SM FIG. (NO BIGGIE IN MY BOOK) And the webbing is not silver but graphite (which is actually accurate to the suit, just the movie suit reflects much better)

If you're a SM fan go get em! I'm getting the Red one now, the black one i have and is great. No need to wait till 2011 for HT when you can enjoy these great Medicom ones now for good prices. <!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

dsc0040000rv8.jpg

:lecture One of my favorite figures

dsc0040000rv8.jpg

:D I'm sure the comic ones are cool but I'm after the movie options to go with my other movie superheroes Batman, Superman and IronMan and then later the HT Wolverine. Don't think I'd pull the trigger on the existing Wolverine X3 figure - although it looks pretty decent - as I don't like that outfit. If HT are basing that figure on the new film I prefer the look of the more casual jeans, wife-beater vest and jacket.

Back to Spiderman though, I've long been aware of medicom's efforts but for some reason never thought 'I must have that'. I think it might have been the shine on the outfit that put me off but suddenly a day or so after my first post in this very thread I'm looking at them in a new light. I always knew I had to have a Spiderman in my collection and why not these medicoms.

Some say the posing is limited but evidently not going on the pictures here. Is the underlying body the same as on the likes of medicom Jack Bauer? I.E. would an examination of Jack Bauer's body (which I deem to be expendable since I have the Enterbay figure) show me how I could pose Spiderman and not break him?

Poseing spidey is a tricky one. Since you can't really take off the costume. I'm glad I got a medicom Maul that I can learn from.

I'm just gonna wait and hold off a bit for now, since after inspecting it last nite, I still find it a bit tough to pose.

Considering Spiderman is on the short side is the medicom figure in an accurate scale with HT superhero figures up to this point? It looks good next to Iron Man in the pics a few pages back.
The Medicom scale actually works well for this figure, since Spiderman is supposed to be a young man and not a fully grown adult.

Im a huge Spidey fan, and have been searching for a great Spidey statue/figure for a while now but i dont seem to be able to find any except for the few below:

1. Milestones Spidey crouching on top of the flagpole (mask on)
2. Black spidey comiquette sideshow
3. Spidey vs Venom Dynamic forces (Mcfarlane Amazing spidey # 316)
4. Bowen Modern Spidey
5. Spiderman premium format SS (still umming and ahhing over this one)
6. And one awesome one i discovered today, the Mary jane un-dressing out of the spidey costume (never saw it before today until i accidently stumbled across it, mann it rocks!! :D)

Now you see this confuses me, when my Medi Spidey came I was dissappointed with the colour (infact I posted on here about it) it looked washed out, no were near as vivid as he does in this pic (or the pics advertising them) ? Dont have the HT Supes so I cant do a side my side comparison based on this pic !

Are there different variations of Medicom Spiderman ? color for example ?

Last edited:
Ahh further reading on this thread seems to tell me that either Krayts doctored the pic's or there is infact some colour discrepancies from figure to figure, heres mine for examples :

Comic

watermark.php

Normal (with Xeno Head)

watermark.php

Because the colour was so dissapointing and having paid so much money I was relieved when Xeno offered his fantastic sculpt up so I can give it a bit of umphhh, and when the opportunity arose for a comic I took it simply because I wanted a vivid spiderman as I had always imagined

This threads been a real eye opener, I remember posting my dissappointment when the figure arrived and complaining about how I felt I had been misled with the pics advertised. I remember being critiscised on here for complaining about the colour.

I see now Im not the only one,

I also didnt know there were Medicom 12 inchers for 1,2 and 3

Laying my hands on an SM2 would be nice but can anyone tell me the difference between 1 and 3 ?

Last edited:
Your Spidey 3 looks pretty red to me. Anyway Mooncat, Medicom made a Spidey 2 and Spidey 3 and the comic book Spidey. They're the only three I know about. Then the variants.

Some of the photos i posted seem to be 'enhanced' (got them from overseas, and i already stated they were not mine, so please don't accuse me of messing with the pics cause i could really give a ^^^^ to take the time lol) But it just brings out the blue, which is lighter than the movie. I still don't see an orange for the red like some of you. It's a known fact the blue is lighter than the movie so i don't know what all the fuss is. I mean if you really want to know just look at the SS 360 view of it for color accuracy, jeeez people.

I still think these are very good representation pics

https://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=23813&extra=page%3D1

I don't have the red one yet, but i expect it to look light blue just like the pics indicate.

Last edited:
OK, I think I'll get both classic and symbiote suit. Just going on my reaction to the pics in this thread I think I have underrated these medicom Spideys in the past. The colours look fine to me on the blue and red.

Looking at this thread, I may someday have to pick myself a Spidey up. Im lovin' the black one, but Im not too sure about the classic film look. There seems to have been quite a few problems with the guy. As for venom, he looks great.

Every Un-enhanced picture, The Colors especially the RED do not look bright to me even bordering on Orange. Im glad Im not the only "Color-Blind" person here.

:rolleyes:

Guess I can't order these yet. More possible credit card trouble. Visa blocked my card due to another* unusually small transaction for 1 euro coming from Bigbadtoystore that I'm now investigating. The card stays blocked till I establish what this charge was. And dammit I've really gotten psyched about owning the 2 Medicom movie Spidermans. I'm hesitant about Venom, looks decent but if I buy him I'll probably have to buy every villain (if, say, HT get the license) and maybe the Medi-parker aswell.

*my last card got >>>>ed after using forbiddenplanet.co.uk. I've had my new card for all of about 2 weeks

Back