Which Spiderman version is the better one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My black one. (still looking for a deal on red)

016pv0.jpg

If you can get past the leathery look of the suit he's an excellent figure.
I actually think the "leathery look" is a plus that led me to want him over the comic version. Makes him appear more "realistic" somehow.

That black costume Medi is, IMO, the best of the bunch. Neither red & blue comes close.
Red and blue is just more iconic. I don't care much for Symbiote Spidey.

I couldn't agree more. The black one look so much better.

Krayt, a friend of mine is selling it for $80 bucks if you are interested. Is that a fair price? Not including shipping though.

I actually think the "leathery look" is a plus that led me to want him over the comic version. Makes him appear more "realistic" somehow.

Red and blue is just more iconic. I don't care much for Symbiote Spidey.

I agree, which is unfortunate. I prefer the traditional suit in general. I just think the symbiote Medi looks much more screen accurate. The red and blue reminds me of a leather biker outfit. As a figure I think it is quite good but as a representation of the movie suit I don't care for it.

I couldn't agree more. The black one look so much better.

Krayt, a friend of mine is selling it for $80 bucks if you are interested. Is that a fair price? Not including shipping though.

Depends on shipping, condition of fig etc.

As nice as the black one is, there's something i really like about the red one.

great pose on black SM. I just picked one up from board member and waiting for delivery.

I found the red for 91$ shipped. Think i'm going to pull the trigger. (red one is hard to find for cheap over the black i've found)

I paid $120 shipped for my red/blue SM3 about 3 weeks ago. It was new sealed in the box though. Got it off ebay.

Yeah this is new and sealed on sale. (although 120 is a good deal now cause the red one is actually a little harder to get than the black)

My local dealer still have a dozen of these red/blue, symbiote and venom. Each goin for bout $115USD.

They still aren't moving at all.

although red and blue is the iconic one, the symbiote version is more screen accurate IMO. Which is what matters the most to me. I'll prolly just get the red/blue version when HT decided to make one. I doubt HT will ever make a symbiote ver anyways, so I guess its safe to get it from medicom.

Damn you all! I'm considering buying these now after looking through this thread and the links a few people provided.

I'm sure Hot toys will acquire this license one day but it could be a while off. Even when HT come out with theirs it might be cool to have more than one Spiderman for alternative simultaneous display options

A few questions:

Would these Medicom figures be good stop-gap figures to have before Hot Toys (hopefully) get the license?

How many people have encountered problems with these? The off colours I've read about or maybe poor QC on the body or suit?

What are these innaccuracies on the classic blue/red suit that people mention?

Considering Spiderman is on the short side is the medicom figure in an accurate scale with HT superhero figures up to this point? It looks good next to Iron Man in the pics a few pages back.

Last edited:
My only issue is with the hand pegs, they are kind of weak and show some stress marks almost immediately. I have since reinforces them with some resin(the type tooth fillings are made of because it is easy to work with) and they are strong now. Don't let that minor detail keep you from getting these, they are great figures and fit in well with all of the HT/Medicom ones already out.

Back