Which Spiderman version is the better one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoopsy. I was wrong amarcord. They are both the same size. What has been said about the head, in previous posts is also correct. It is too round. The SM3 looks more natural, like what it should look like with a head underneath. The silver webbing is also distracting, but if you only had one, without another next to it, to compare with, the suit looks good. Buying two to bash one figure out of it isn't the solution. The webbing wouldn't match.

I agree...the SM3 Spidey was a very lackluster figure and looked poorly done even in the package.

The only thing poorly done with the SM3 spiderman figures are the lack of different hands imo. Overall the figure is very cool, and the suit is awesome. You just need to know how to pose them properly as edwin's pictures show.

People don't understand a lot of times that the medicom body is not going to work the same as a sideshow body. The joints move in different ways and have different ranges of motion. imo this is why so many people end up breaking them and they are usually that person's first medicom figure or in other words, they are not used to the medicom body yet. I agree that there are some instances where the body will break by just breathing on it, but I just don't agree that they all break.

Like lerath has said, I personally have never broken one of my medicom figures, and the way that edwin poses them he still hasnt broken any either.

I still think you two have magic fingers. your signifigant others must be very content. :D

Comic spidey is a little more prone, something about the red plastic makes it more fragle. had several red plastic japanese toys, and they have all syffered breakage. the only real concern i've heard with SM3 is the pleather suit wearing a bit from edwint-posing.

Bumpin this.

As I'm in the search of a 1/6 spidey. What do you guys think?

Or should I just wait for 2 years till Spideman 4, and HT releases their version?

12" Mego Spiderman rules all.

I like the comic look better, but hate those boots, they look like friggin huge Famous Covers boots. Spiderman 3 one looks good, the suit is a bit gimpy looking, but I would pick it.

I hope HT does one soon.

12" Mego Spiderman rules all.

I like the comic look better, but hate those boots, they look like friggin huge Famous Covers boots. Spiderman 3 one looks good, the suit is a bit gimpy looking, but I would pick it.

I hope HT does one soon.

Which ones are those? any pics, mate?

I agree. The comic version's boots remind me of Aladdin's shoes:monkey1

The only thing that I dislike from spidey 3 is the bunching of the neck. How much is a fair price for those?

Also, does anyone have pics of the spidey 2 medicom? I'm curious of how it actually compares to the spidey 3
ff1nrt.jpg

ml6n80.jpg

Hoping&praying Hot toys do one of these eventually - I just couldn't bring myself to buy a medicom when theres the possibility HT will do one that'll probably be superior.

If HT do a movie Spiderman it'd be a guaranteed must buy for me. My superhero collection currently stands at HT batman, Superman and IronMan. Looking to add Wolverine later this year and hopefully one day Spiderman.

Gonna disagree there.It's only restrictive if you let it.(you gotta work it a certain way to move it yes.It's not a easy to pose as the comic i'll tell ya that)And i don't feel plastic like at all.

Very underrated figs IMO

IMG_7331.jpg

IMG_7329.jpg

IMG_7324.jpg

IMG_7264.jpg

IMG_7219.jpg

SpidermanBLKs.jpg

These pics are awesome!

I'm sold! Gonna get the black one asap!

The Black suit really does look nice... too bad its from such a horrid movie :lol

I really like the comic version, but its harder to fit in a display as it stands out from other figures. As I'm getting my figures displayed again I'll most likely keep him posed with other animated figures like Spawn and Kenshiro.

The Black suit really does look nice... too bad its from such a horrid movie :lol

I really like the comic version, but its harder to fit in a display as it stands out from other figures. As I'm getting my figures displayed again I'll most likely keep him posed with other animated figures like Spawn and Kenshiro.

I like the comic versions. The black suit comic spidey is an all time favorite.

I too attempted to pose both spidey comic versions (red /blue and black) along side HT IM Mark III & II. It does not look right.

Yeah the SM3 figs are underrated IMO. (I like the black one the best)

Although the comic alien suit is the best of them all!

What throws me off with the SM3 red/blue spidey is that the Red/blue colors look off. The Red is like a "Basketball" orange color, and the Blue is very pale. I do notice that Medicom publicity pictures and even the the ppciture in the first page, I think the Red blue color are enhanced. Just FYI that colors will not look as good as the pictures.

What throws me off with the SM3 red/blue spidey is that the Red/blue colors look off. The Red is like a "Basketball" orange color, and the Blue is very pale. I do notice that Medicom publicity pictures and even the the ppciture in the first page, I think the Red blue color are enhanced. Just FYI that colors will not look as good as the pictures.
That's just the pictures, I have the Red/Blue Spidey and his costume is a deep red, just like in the movie.

Back