Where does Mara Jade belong??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which line does she fit in the most??

• Jedi

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Sith

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Military

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Scum/Villainy

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IrishJedi said:
Well, there needs to be a separate Expanded Universe category. Simple as that.
What the heck difference does it make?

Back when the lines were first discussed it was said that EU characters would be put into the lines already established. This was way back in the beginning when the Heroes of the Rebellion line was tentatively called the Legacy line.

Personally I think Mara should be a Jedi and I am impatiently waiting for her. My Luke needs someone to stand next to him.

Abake,
As for this whole no marriage silliness that Lucas put out in AOTC, it happened after Luke and Mara were married in the books so they had to backpedal and say that since Luke was re-establishing the order, most of his recruits were adults and already had families so that rule got trashed.

Darth Loki said:
Why exactly? Because YOU say so?

I don't think I'd care either way but your 'My way is the right way' attitude is getting really old.

First of all, chill the heck out. I am simply sharing MY OPINION... and I'm sorry that it's the only one I have.

Secondly, don't put any words in my mouth. Never have I said anything remotely like "My way is the right way". I have opinions and some of them I feel strongly about. No more, no less than that. Whether people agree, disagree or are bothered by that is really immaterial. Just please don't make assumptions that imply I'm trying to force others to feel the same way I do about something. That's absurd.

Now that's out of the way, the reason why I feel there should be a separate category for EU characters is two-fold:

1) Even though some of these characters are pretty popular the simple fact of the matter is that it's called "Expanded Universe" for a reason. While some are good (or arguably even better than the PT) these stories and characters are NOT officially part of Lucas' canon film universe. Thus, I feel they should always be disclaimed as "Expanded Universe". Most other SW licensees do this, including Hasbro who almost never does anything right.

2) The fact that this poll exists is another reason: many of the EU characters simply do not fit into these neat categories that SSC has created for the 1/6 SW line of movie-based characters. Ilum Padme should not be part of the "Heroes of The Rebellion" line. The Rebellion was years from even existing when she wore that in the CW. That makes no sense. And Ventress was never officially a Sith, much less a Lord of the Sith, yet she'll be in the "Lords of the Sith" line? SSC can make it easier on themselves and everyone else by simply creating a new line category called "The Expanded Universe". What's wrong with that?

Again, sorry if you don't like my opinions here. But I'll live, and so will you.

IrishJedi said:
SSC can make it easier on themselves and everyone else by simply creating a new line category called "The Expanded Universe". What's wrong with that?
Heck I'd be fine with them having an "Expanded Universe" line AND a "Clone Wars" line since the cartoon really is more connected to the films than the novels, video games, and comic books.

Khev said:
Heck I'd be fine with them having an "Expanded Universe" line AND a "Clone Wars" line since the cartoon really is more connected to the films than the novels, video games, and comic books.

True. Good point.

IrishJedi said:
Ilum Padme should not be part of the "Heroes of The Rebellion" line. The Rebellion was years from even existing when she wore that in the CW.
So where do we put an Episode I Amidala?

IrishJedi said:
1) Even though some of these characters are pretty popular the simple fact of the matter is that it's called "Expanded Universe" for a reason. While some are good (or arguably even better than the PT) these stories and characters are NOT officially part of Lucas' canon film universe. Thus, I feel they should always be disclaimed as "Expanded Universe". Most other SW licensees do this, including Hasbro who almost never does anything right.

By that logic instead of having Jedi, Sith, Military and Scum & Villainy they should have had Ep 1, Ep 2, Ep 3, Ep 4, Ep 5, Ep 6 and EU lines. Which they don't. So I doubt they'd start an EU line. In a way I wish they would cos then we could ***** about that line being short changed ;-) Whilst its good to see the iconic ones done I feel that once most of them are done the line will probably die a fairly rapid death.

I think the classification they are using works well as long as you are too ana1 about keeping things to a dictionary definition - i.e. allow other Darksiders in the Sith Line which aren't technically Sith - e.g. Dark Jedi, Jenserai, Dathomiri Witch, Asaaj Ventress etc.

and on the topic of Canon - Lucas retains such strict editorial control over what is written and published its a difficult argument to push that materials other than the film are not canon. IMHO they stand as equal if they're published under the official star wars title until someone comes out and says otherwise. Lucas may have gotten the thing out of the blocks but he drops some Ewok-sized turds on us too - not all things Lucas glitter so to speak. After all - would the second trilogy have been made if not for Timothy Zahn revitalising it ? And you probably want to argue that's not canon too ?

And then there is how far from his original draft the whole star wars thing drifted ;p

LordAzrael said:
and on the topic of Canon - Lucas retains such strict editorial control over what is written and published its a difficult argument to push that materials other than the film are not canon.

It's not an argument, it's fact. And that comes straight from the horse's mouth. Everything that comes from Lucas himself (i.e., the films and all direct tie-ins) are canon... everything else is "Expanded Universe".

LordAzrael said:
IMHO they stand as equal if they're published under the official star wars title until someone comes out and says otherwise. Lucas may have gotten the thing out of the blocks but he drops some Ewok-sized turds on us too - not all things Lucas glitter so to speak. After all - would the second trilogy have been made if not for Timothy Zahn revitalising it ? And you probably want to argue that's not canon too?

Again, I don't even need to argue it, because it's NOT canon. In fact, the only canon from the Zahn trilogy is the use of "Coruscant" for the capital planet. And here's a bit of trivia: even that almost did not happen. People at LFL had to plead with Lucas and twist his arm to keep the name Coruscant because EU fans had latched onto it after that. It was originally to be called "Had Abaddon" and Lucas changed it after everyone begged him too.

Lucas doesn'te ven know about half the stuff the writers and editors have done with the EU. He chose Aayla Secura to be in AOTC simply because he saw her on the cover of a comic on the desk of an ILM employee and thought she looked cool. Also, as we saw with Boba Fett and other elements Lucas has had no qualms with completely stepping on EU continuity (if he's even aware of it). The LFL Editors have had to backtrack several times to explain stuff (the whole "Jaster Mereel" thing, for instance).

At the end of the day, the EU is "Star Wars" and officially licensed stuff and part of its own continuity. But it's not official Lucas canon.

Last edited:
First thing first ok cannon. Apparently Lucasfilm, Lucaslicencing and all things Lucas have various levels of cannon with the films being the first and foremost. Also as it pertains to EU, Lucas has been quoted as saying Shadows of the Empire is as close to an OT movie as we are ever likely to see and if he were to revisit the OT one more time, that would be the movie he is likely to make. To me, the Zahn books (with some minor fine tuning in light of the prequels) are cannon. Im not sure what level they are for Lucas though.

Also, Irish, was the Politics and Royalty a sarcastic remark or a serious one? I do agree that Senators wouldn't fit into Heroes of the Rebellion as the vast majority seemed to be apathetic blind sheep when it came to the fall of the Republic.

Memnoch21 said:
Also, Irish, was the Politics and Royalty a sarcastic remark or a serious one? I do agree that Senators wouldn't fit into Heroes of the Rebellion as the vast majority seemed to be apathetic blind sheep when it came to the fall of the Republic.

I was serious. There are lots of Political and Royal characters from the movies (and EU) that I'd like to see made. I have no problem with a separate line category for those. It certainly makes more sense that putting, say, Queen Amidala in the "Heroes of The Rebellion" line. :confused:

Irish, I agree with you on that. If anything I would say that Heroes of the Rebellion shouldn't have figures from before the last hour of Revenge of the Sith or whenever the Alliance Formation cut scenes would come into play. After that first meeting the Alliance was formed, before that it was all Politcs and Royalty.

Oohhh, canon debates make me itch....

It'd be kind of cool to see an Episode I Senator Palpatine in the Lords of the Sith line. He looks so damned genial and non-threatening, and then he's in this red tinged box of evil. Perfect. You could argue that Amidala does belong in the Heroes of the Rebellion line, since her character does give birth to the rebellion, both literally and figuratively. Her conversations with Organa and Mothma sparked what would become the rebellion, and she gave birth to it's two greatest champions. I'd say that qulifies her as a hero of he Rebellion.

I'd be fine with variations of EU packaging, or Senators and Royalty, or whathaveyou, although a "Senators" line sounds a tad boring, not to mention the list of desirable senators is exruciatingly short. And it would open the door to a Representative Binks figure. And no one wants that!

Id like a Representative Binks character. Actually Id welcome any senator because their outfits were the most detailed aside from Padme's. It would be great to see SS tackle those.

Back