When do cameos go to far?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
So I am watching the new Hulk movie and naturally there was a Stan Lee cameo. I mean do we need to see him in almost every Marvel movie? I understand he is the comic man and all. But that isn't the point. The one that got me was the (Lou and I can't spell his last name) one. So I thought this would make an interesting thread. When do cameos go to far and become down right cheesey?

i'd say when they have lines or are on the screen for more than a second they have gone too far. the best cameos are the ones you have to really hunt for.

Something that takes you out of the movie should not be there.

In the case of Stan Lee, when you see them, every fauker in the theater whispers "hey thats him!! thats stan lee!!!!" like they are clever.

So I am watching the new Hulk movie and naturally there was a Stan Lee cameo. I mean do we need to see him in almost every Marvel movie? I understand he is the comic man and all. But that isn't the point. The one that got me was the (Lou and I can't spell his last name) one. So I thought this would make an interesting thread. When do cameos go to far and become down right cheesey?

Stan Lee and lou ferrigno?? also cameod together in the first Hulk film if memory serves. They don't tend to bother me but I think its a tad silly that stan lee appears in every single one. I guess in his situation its like Spielberg and the wilhelm scream - in every film up to present - might aswell continue tradition.

Something that takes you out of the movie should not be there.

In the case of Stan Lee, when you see them, every fauker in the theater whispers "hey thats him!! thats stan lee!!!!" like they are clever.

Yep Evil you nailed what I was going for. Like it is a big secret or something. To me it was cool in the first Spiderman movie. I thought it was kinda neat.

Ill to answer your question and also to tell you to STFU I don't just mean comic book movies. I am asking about all movies. So thanks for your ever growing support douchey ******. No go watch Wall-e and Free Willy.

For me a good example of a really cool cameo is Dan Akroyd in "The Temple of Doom". Quick and to the point. Hell I didn't even notice it was him until years later.

JAWS - 1975
Peter Benchley, the author of JAWS, has a cameo as a T.V. reporter on the beach as the summer crowds arrive.

See now thats cool. Never knew that!

My other fav it Tarantino in Deperado. Love the joke at the bar. He's thinking about his ^^^^ thinking about the glass, ^^^^, glass, ^^^^ , glass. Good stuff!

I don't mind cameos even when they are blatant like Stan Lee's. I think the only time I dislike cameos is when they break the third wall. That may not be the right term for what I mean but its what came to mind, so lemme give a fer instance. Say Connery had a cameo in a Bond movie and made a comment like, "I remember those days." That would be a cameo I wouldn't care for. That's probably not the best example, but I think it illustrates my point.

And I agree, Hitchcock is the cameo master. Finding him is like playing Where's Waldo sometimes, it's great.

Connery had a great cameo in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves as King Richard.

I did like Arnold's cameo in The Rundown wishing The Rock luck in the beginning.

Benchley's cameo was great.

Rob Zombie's halloween was an instance of cameos gone bad. It seemed like everyone he ever worked with had a cameo in that damn movie.

For all you horror fans the ultimate cameo movie is The Howling. Great cameos by (some more than cameos) Kevin McCarthy, John Carradine, Kenneth Tobey, D!ck Miller & Uncle Forry himself, Forrest J. Ackerman.

Back