Whats your Sleep Schedule like?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD18_92

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey freaks, I was wondering how many hrs of sleep do you tend to get a night? I ask cause starting this Fri, all the way till next Sat, I will be trying to work 3 jobs on only 2, 2.5 hrs of sleep. Possible? Probably not. I'm sure somewhere my body will break down, but I've heard of methods used to help keep you awake and such. Any of you pull anything like this for college or work? It shall be interesting to see how this turns out. :sleep

Hey freaks, I was wondering how many hrs of sleep do you tend to get a night? I ask cause starting this Fri, all the way till next Sat, I will be trying to work 3 jobs on only 2, 2.5 hrs of sleep. Possible? Probably not. I'm sure somewhere my body will break down, but I've heard of methods used to help keep you awake and such. Any of you pull anything like this for college or work? It shall be interesting to see how this turns out. :sleep

Not getting enough sleep will eventually kill you or dramaticly take years off your life.

Good luck! :lol

It's okay for a short period of time, but for extended times, it will take it's toll on you. It will cause stress on the body. Why are you working 3 part time jobs?

I have sleeping problems myself. Some nights only an hour, some probably about 4 or so. On occasion I will go multiple days without sleep. It all very much sucks and I envy those you can get regular sleep. No matter what though, I NEVER get to sleep through a night without waking multiple times!

Sob story over now... :)

I think, in regards to the OP, you will find it VERY difficult if that amount of sleep or close to it is not normal for you. Good luck though!

I have no problem sleeping, my terrible sleeping patterns are entirely due to indiscipline.

But as for the OP I can't see how you'll survive 3 jobs and only 2 hours sleep. I would ideally like a good bit more than just 2 hours of conscious R&R time let alone sleep. I could not do 3 jobs...never even tried 2...

I have sleeping problems myself. Some nights only an hour, some probably about 4 or so. On occasion I will go multiple days without sleep. It all very much sucks and I envy those you can get regular sleep. No matter what though, I NEVER get to sleep through a night without waking multiple times!

Sob story over now... :)

I think, in regards to the OP, you will find it VERY difficult if that amount of sleep or close to it is not normal for you. Good luck though!

I know you don't Elendil because you are up whenever I'm up! :lol

Ski

STFU Eli!! :lecture

Alright now that I got that outta the way. . . . :lol

Anyways I work full time at Lear Corp from 330pm till 12pm and just recently got a part time at FedEx working the night shift from 3am till 7am. And my old job installing windows asked me if I wanted to work for a bit all next week before I started up my Lear job in the pm. And I'm not about to turn down $100 for a few hrs of work. Stupid working that much I know, but I can't stop thinking about that damn good paycheck I'll be getting. I think I'm gonna try to go for it. . .

Last edited:
Not getting enough sleep will eventually kill you or dramaticly take years off your life.

Good luck! :lol

I have no problem sleeping, my terrible sleeping patterns are entirely due to indiscipline.

But as for the OP I can't see how you'll survive 3 jobs and only 2 hours sleep. I would ideally like a good bit more than just 2 hours of conscious R&R time let alone sleep. I could not do 3 jobs...never even tried 2...

not only that, but, God Forbid he falls asleep behind the wheel, which is the most probable time he will be to fall asleep, since he is sitting down and just looking straight, that is the most dangerous part,

depends on the job, I don't mean to pry, not do I ask for specifics, but, what kind of jobs?
if it is a job where you operate heavy machinery or something like that, i would be worried, or a job handling money or something,

I would say, sleeping on breaks is a good thing, that's what I did before, I would eat really fast, in 4 minutes done with lunch and sleep the rest, you dont think it helps, but, it helps a lot,

2 hours a day, yeah, you will be hurting, your brain wont function correctly at 100%, you are prone to make mistakes, or forget things, so be careful with forgetting your wallet somewhere or your keys, you won't remember,

Are you going to have any days off? if you are working 7 days sleeping 2 hours, then forget about it, I Guess you could drink cofee or energy drinks, but, that will destroy your body

I know you don't Elendil because you are up whenever I'm up! :lol

Ski

I know, but you are a machine and that doesn't count...

I just wish that the lack of sleep = more money so I could get more stuff from you Skiman! I REALLY wanted those X-Men Sculpts! Ah well...

not only that, but, God Forbid he falls asleep behind the wheel, which is the most probable time he will be to fall asleep, since he is sitting down and just looking straight, that is the most dangerous part,

depends on the job, I don't mean to pry, not do I ask for specifics, but, what kind of jobs?
if it is a job where you operate heavy machinery or something like that, i would be worried, or a job handling money or something,

I would say, sleeping on breaks is a good thing, that's what I did before, I would eat really fast, in 4 minutes done with lunch and sleep the rest, you dont think it helps, but, it helps a lot,

2 hours a day, yeah, you will be hurting, your brain wont function correctly at 100%, you are prone to make mistakes, or forget things, so be careful with forgetting your wallet somewhere or your keys, you won't remember,

Are you going to have any days off? if you are working 7 days sleeping 2 hours, then forget about it, I Guess you could drink cofee or energy drinks, but, that will destroy your body

My last post kinda explained what I did, but to clarify things:

Lear: Mon-Sat 3:30pm to 12pm
FedEx: Mon Night(Tues Morning)-Sat 3am to 7am
Pella: This Fri- Next sat I'm assuming 8am till 2pm

I kinda got the driving in the car thing figured out. I read somewhere that if you chew ice, you can't fall asleep so I'm gonna try that.

I go to bed at 10/11pm wake up at 4/5am. Wish I could sleep more but I feel I'm wasting the day if I go to bed before 10pm. On my days off I sleep my brains out though.

Back