Guide to make your First Order Troopers more flexible and remove that stiff undersuit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wha? So Finn is actually wearing that wetsuit thingy underneath?

I want to know what removing the fat suit does for the armor staying in place? I like the look of it without the fat suit meaning that he does not look too skinny, but does the armor flop around all over the place like the old sideshow stormtroopers because it's not as tight to the limbs now? To me that is a deal breaker even over possibility. At least now I can get him standing in a few bad ass poses looking good and it seems like just a solid nice beautiful peice not something that has clanky and floppy bits when I pick it up.

Was wondering the same thing but based on the pics here and by Tony mei the armor parts stay fine in place.
The fat suit for exemple has no arms and armor looks ok with just the wet suit.
Ill wait until i get mine until i decide if ill completely remove the fatsuit or modify by cutting it at the articulations or just remove the padding on the elbows :)

Last edited:
20160117_085915.jpg
20160117_085839.jpg

Must For the real player.

Just wanted to update.

Copy and pasted from the squad leader thread.

All stock, no mods.

Posing them wasn't easy, but doable.

Not to take anything away from this thread as I'm sure the mods definitely make it easier to pose them...but if anyone is afraid of potentially "effing their figure up"...well...just have a little patience and these figures can do a lot.

Nothing crazy with deep poses. They never did anything ninja like nor did they ever kick like jet li. Just pose them with their limits in mind.

Just wanted to update.

All stock, no mods.

Not to take anything away from this thread as I'm sure the mods definitely make it easier to pose them...but if anyone is afraid of potentially "effing their figure up"...well...just have a little patience and these figures can do a lot.

Nothing crazy with deep poses. They never did anything ninja like nor did they ever kick like jet li. Just pose them with their limits in mind.

Just wanted to update.

All stock, no mods.

The biggest failing (and the one figure I would mod if I get him) is the Heavy Gunner. He should be able to kneel down by his gun like in the movie.

Guide to make your First Order Troopers more flexible and remove that stiff u...

Removed the fat suit over the weekend. I used a small flathead screwdriver and very carefully pried the rubbery black tab under the abdominal armor, so I didn't need to cut anything.

He's more flexible, and just a whole lot easier to pose.

Pics below of the very small split in the abdominal armor (I'm not even going to bother gluing it), and the lack of unsightly slack or bagginess in the upper thigh area. Easy mod!

1d69562a170327ef470f839c0c618894.jpg
92c42d7ffd7661d424387f65527cbea4.jpg
5b347d8748f1a76c671a1d4dc8afb14e.jpg
2b51677bb41fd3ea37ae37fcfdfc8315.jpg

Not an extreme pose or anything, but now it's super easy to bend the arms into that position.

649abc9649a8fd8302f0e6153f128f2e.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Back