What's your latest purchase?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0097.JPG

The Abyss AP

Just got my yearly Black Friday purchase from Zazzle. Each Black Friday they have a 60-70% off sale on all prints. This year was 65% off. Each year I download all of the best astronomy pictures taken by the various space agencies and telescope websites for that year and upload them to Zazzle. Those picture are free use so your allowed to make prints from them free of charge and most of those sites have very high quality digital files available so you can make high quality prints even at pretty large sizes. I usually stick around the 18x24 size simply due to the high cost of portfolios larger than 18x24. I always use Zazzles high quality glossy canvas paper and with the discount it usually winds up being around $12 dollars a print. In my opinion, its easily one of the best deals on prints all year long. I have been doing this for around 6 years now and I finished filling my 3rd portfolio last year with astronomy prints (48 prints in each portfolio). I have also purchased quite a few of thier Zenescope and DC prints over the years as well, but my main focus on Black Friday is usually astronomy prints.

Anyways, I wound up placing my largest order to date this year due to all of the amazing pictures that were taken this year by the various space agencies. Plus there were a few from years past that I still really wanted. I ordered 37 prints in total and they all came out looking absolutey stunning. Since I am not about to take pictures of all the prints and post 37 pictures in this thread, I figured I would just post a few examples of the images I got made into prints this year:

earth_and_limb_m1199291564l_color_2stretch_mask_0_zpsqpz19a7j.jpg

potw1619a.jpg

potw1620a.jpg

potw1622a.jpg

potw1618a.jpg

potw1628a.jpg

potw1644a.jpg

potw1643a.jpg

potw1543a.jpg

potw1514a.jpg

potw1437a.jpg

potw1422a.jpg

potw1345a.jpg

potw1328a.jpg

Honestly, for those that enjoy astronomy art, you should really consider doing what I do as Zazzle has that sale every Black Friday and you can get pretty amazing prints for just dirt cheap. Again, IMO its EASILy one of the best print deals all year long.

I used to have a couple of these galaxies photos as wallpapers

Yeah, most of the pictures released by various space agencies or specific telescopes are made available as wallpapers and they usually have like 5-6 different versions for different screen resolutions. Thier some of the easiest obtained and best looking wallpapers available. I have a folder that must have close to 750 different space pictures in various wallpaper sizes. I also have 2 - 4 TB hard drives (one is full and the 2nd is like 80% full) that has all of the highest quality image files available for all of my favorite space related pictures. Many of them are 50-100+ MB in size. I am a total space junkie. I spend at least 30 minutes a day browsing all of the different space related websites and am a backyard astronomer myself and take a lot of my own astronomy related pictures. I have a regular telescope for nighttime viewing and 2 solar telescopes for viewing the sun. I'm a professional photographer and photographing the sun is one of my favorite photographic subjects. I never get tired of viewing and photgraphing the sun. Honestly, of all the amazing things I have seen in my life thus far, very few of them have lived up to the sheer amazment of seeing the sun with your own 2 eye's. I have been viewing and photographing the sun for years and I still get that same sense of amazement every single time I view the sun. Solar telescopes are extremely expensive, but thier worth every last penny and then some.

This is what the sun looks like with my new Lunt solar telescope. I used to use a SolarMax 90 by Coronado, but Lunt's newer solar telescopes have exceeded Coronado's solar telescopes by a significant margin so I wound up upgrading earlier this year.

LUNT3_zps3jskvwsp.jpg

Yeah, most of the pictures released by various space agencies or specific telescopes are made available as wallpapers and they usually have like 5-6 different versions for different screen resolutions. Thier some of the easiest obtained and best looking wallpapers available. I have a folder that must have close to 750 different space pictures in various wallpaper sizes. I also have 2 - 4 TB hard drives (one is full and the 2nd is like 80% full) that has all of the highest quality image files available for all of my favorite space related pictures. Many of them are 50-100+ MB in size. I am a total space junkie. I spend at least 30 minutes a day browsing all of the different space related websites and am a backyard astronomer myself and take a lot of my own astronomy related pictures. I have a regular telescope for nighttime viewing and 2 solar telescopes for viewing the sun. I'm a professional photographer and photographing the sun is one of my favorite photographic subjects. I never get tired of viewing and photgraphing the sun. Honestly, of all the amazing things I have seen in my life thus far, very few of them have lived up to the sheer amazment of seeing the sun with your own 2 eye's. I have been viewing and photographing the sun for years and I still get that same sense of amazement every single time I view the sun. Solar telescopes are extremely expensive, but thier worth every last penny and then some.

This is what the sun looks like with my new Lunt solar telescope. I used to use a SolarMax 90 by Coronado, but Lunt's newer solar telescopes have exceeded Coronado's solar telescopes by a significant margin so I wound up upgrading earlier this year.

LUNT3_zps3jskvwsp.jpg

Wow that's cool!

Back