whats the most expensive thing you've ever bought

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I got married (1995), the Engagement/Wedding ring ran me about $6400. The divorce (2006) was about 4 times that.

Last year, I had a $3100+ tab at a strip club in one night.

This is why I am done spending my money on women and would rather buy toys and statues. :monkey1

:lol

$17k for my teaching credential and 5k to tile the front half of our house. As far as collectibles go, I would say either my graded Spiderman 129 or Giant Sized Uncanny #1.

I spent $800 on a Sideshow Ironman EX, but recently (like, a month ago) found out it is a fake because it has the aluminum, round foot peg. I compared it to an authentic one at the local hobby shop and the ONLY difference is the neck/foot pegs and the gold is a tiny, tiny bit darker. The arm on mine is the same height, it came with the grey "SIDESHOW" stamped styrofoam, and the brown shipping box.

This just ended any possibilities of me even considering buying one. I was thinking about it, but now....no. I'll stick with my Stealth Comiquette. It's not worth the possibility that I could buy a recast and NEVER even know. Thanks for posting Kibishii. Did you post this info. in the Sideshow Marvel "fakes" thread? If not, please do.

$17k for my teaching credential and 5k to tile the front half of our house. As far as collectibles go, I would say either my graded Spiderman 129 or Giant Sized Uncanny #1.

I spent $800 on a Sideshow Ironman EX, but recently (like, a month ago) found out it is a fake because it has the aluminum, round foot peg. I compared it to an authentic one at the local hobby shop and the ONLY difference is the neck/foot pegs and the gold is a tiny, tiny bit darker. The arm on mine is the same height, it came with the grey "SIDESHOW" stamped styrofoam, and the brown shipping box.
WTF??? they sure went through a lot of trouble to make a fake one. well, do you at least like the statue??? if so, then authenticity doesn't matter too mcuh. :angelsmil

Other than my house and wifes wedding ring, I would have to say my tattoos.Still not done. Im over 3k and counting. Been going for 3 years and its like having an extra car payment, but Im almost done...with my left arm anyway....

the wifes wedding ring seems to be a common answer, I think theres a lesson to be learned here :lol:lol

Other than my house and wifes wedding ring, I would have to say my tattoos.Still not done. Im over 3k and counting. Been going for 3 years and its like having an extra car payment, but Im almost done...with my left arm anyway....

Are you saying that you've paid 3K for tats just on ONE arm? Are you being tattooed with liquid gold or something? ;)

^^^no some artists literally charge an arm and a leg for tattoo work. plus side is that they look awesome, bad side is that its expensive and permanent.

the wifes wedding ring seems to be a common answer, I think theres a lesson to be learned here :lol:lol

Not really. I'm not a diamond person, or a bling person at all and alot of women are the same way. IF I ever get engaged and I'd get a ring, I'd like just a small solitare. A big ring would just bother me.

I like pearls better. And they don't even have to be real.

would you like a pearl necklace Ween?? :naughty

:lol I keep setting myself up, don't I?
1130.gif

Back