What's next for the terminator franchise ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixxshooter

Super Freak
Reaction score
Will there be a sequel to terminator salvation??? Is bale coming back to play John Conner . I remember sombody said on the one of the threads that the people who owned the rights were fired or something . I would also like to know what happend to the 40 minutes of extra footage that was left out of the terminator salvation movie. Is there going to be an ultimate edition??? I realy hope bale comes back .

The rights to Terminator were recently sold to a company called Pacificor. Apparently William Wisher, who wrote the first two films has written a treatment for a fifth and sixth film. These films would be able to follow the first four films' story lines, as opposed to rebooting the franchise. It really remains to be seen whether or not this all comes to fruition.

Does this mean where probably never going see a ultimate version of salvation with the rubber masked t-600 scene . I guess that footage will never get shown to the public.

I thought the salvation film was a succes at the box office .I wonder what happend with that.I know hidef digest said that mcg had stated that there was 40min of extra footage . But it did not end up on the directors cut. Were they planning a double dip ? Can they still release it even though the rights have been sold?

Does this mean where probably never going see a ultimate version of salvation with the rubber masked t-600 scene . I guess that footage will never get shown to the public.

I thought the salvation film was a succes at the box office .I wonder what happend with that.I know hidef digest said that mcg had stated that there was 40min of extra footage . But it did not end up on the directors cut. Were they planning a double dip ? Can they still release it even though the rights have been sold?

I really don't know what the status is on an extended director's cut. It very well may be up in the air now that the rights have been sold. McG may not even be interested anymore, at least right now, I doubt they will ask him to direct the next one. Salvation was only a minor success, in the scope of the franchise, it was more of a failure. So I guess time will tell.

i want a movie about this guy.

terminator3-arnoldschwarz.jpg

Thanks for the info . It would be great to see the extra footage .

I'm sure if there truly is a longer cut, it will see the light of day at some point. The new movies would have Arnold in the sixth film. Probably not in a Terminator capacity, but probably more the person used to create the T-800. We'll see. I hope they do make them and make them good.

Well the only reason I haven't picked up Salvation on Bluray is because I'm expecting them to have an ultimate edition with that 40 minutes added in there and butt loads more special features. So I hope they don't let me down.

I heard before the rights were sold that McG wanted Connor to go back in time to London to round up forces for the future resistence.:monkey4 This idea is of course f-ing LAME. We've waited long enough to see the future war, why go BACKWARDS???

Wisher's idea wasn't great either; Reese goes back in time to reunite with Sarah. Again, f-ing LAME....and confusing timeline-wise.

All fans only want to see the one important thing in the series now: Connor finding the time-displacement equipment and sending Reese back to 1984 to intercept the first T-800.

Last edited:
I realy enjoyed t-salvation . Bale performed his part with alot of emotion and zeel. I just wish there Was more t-600 . I thought they were the coolest part of the film and I found myself wanting more .I mean they only had a couple of minutes on the screen . When I watched the making of the film ,it very clear that they put alot of thought and time in making the t-600 and it got no time to shine on film.

IMDB still has Cameron attached to Terminator 5. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000116/
I just want another future film that is well written and directed. I enjoyed TS (especially in the theater) as a roller coaster ride sorta movie. But everything other than the action scenes were a huge let down to me. No matter how many more Terminator films they make, they can't "ruin" the first two, so I say keep going and hopefully one day we get a worthy sequel.

All fans only want to see the one important thing in the series now: Connor finding the time-displacement equipment and sending Reese back to 1984 to intercept the first T-800.

Thats what I want and I want Timothy Olyphant to play Kyle Reese.

I care so much about this franchise, Terminator 2 changed my life. I liked terminator salvation. But McG should of taken more responsibility and brought the film together better, and his idea for a sequel in london was ****ing stupid. Id like to see a possible sequal or 2 with the future war and conner sending reese back in a t5, and in t6 they win the war!! but thats wishful thinking now that a small studio has gotten the rights. The franchise will be rebooted most likely, and will be a remake of the original, no big budget, no conner, Probly a machine sent back to kill sararh, probly more of a sci-fi horror thriller.

This is what I really wanna see too. Obviously not in the jokey way that T3 did it with the stupid voice. But about Sgt. Candy (I guess that would have to be his name since I heard he is mentioned in the T3 novel that's supposedly 'canon').

I would love to see Arnold starring as the old, grizzled army vet that was once captured by the machines to be used as the model for the human looking T-800 (and not as a volunteer as that scene shows), who escaped and leads a group of resistance fighters against the machines. Ultimately facing off against the T-800 that looks like a younger version of himself (the same one from T1). Maybe it kills him in the end and goes back in time to 1984 to try and kill Sarah Connor. Parallel to this story we see the John Connor stuff and how he gets Reese to 1984 to stop him.

Maybe the perfect way to end the franchise. Bringing Arnold back in while also bringing things full circle.

Something like that would be awesome IMO, but of course it's too awesome to actually happen...:monkey2

Last edited:
Back