what paint to use, which is best

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macky17g

Freakzoid
Reaction score
im from uk and want to know which kind of paints yous use, also where to buy them
also how to get the glossy effect on eyes etc.
Thanks

ive only used Jo sonjas paint, they work pretty good because of our harsh climates over here in Australia our paints need to withstand a lot of harsh weather im not sure if they are available in other countries but they should be available on ebay, glossy effect on eyes are just a coat of gloss varnish over the eyes, are you planning on hand brushing or air brushing?

I've yet to do 1:6 customizing, but I love Vallejo paint for 1:10ish work. You sometimes need to tone down the out of bottle glossiness (they have a slight sheen typically), but otherwise I've been satisfied with them. I also use Tamiya paints, though much less frequently now.

i dont want to spend too much just yet until i get good at it, so i could get a cheap airbrush and maybe the vallejo acrylic paints
do i need any type of spray to seal the paint onto the headsculpt etc.

I can definitely say you'll be satisfied with Vallejo.
A few pointers:
-Walk a fine line between thrifty and hurting yourself. If you're interested in this work you'll have to practice, but don't short yourself trying to save money to the point you can't enjoy learning.
-Make some of your purchases varnishes and "matteners" (the real name escapes me, but they function to take the shine out of paint). These are integral in adding important features like glossed, lifelike eyes.
-A sealant is optional but suggested. It will help hold the sculpt up to wear and tear. Make two notable observations though, the finish of the sealant (satin, matte, gloss, etc) and when and where to apply it. It's sometimes a good idea to make a "save point" and add a sealant as you later your paint. It also can assist in getting the skin tone in 1:6 right from what I understand.

thanks for the help, appreciate it, also im thinking of getting cheap airbrush just for the base layer
but thats another thing i aint got a clue on

Back