What Order Are You Shipping Ex. Grievous?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet!!! so me being in Boston is finally a good thing. It's due to be recieved on friday 2 more days.

SideshowDusty said:
I see that you are having some difficulties, tomandshell. Customer Service tells me that it is true that in most cases this is how orders are shipped out, when the product all comes in all at one time. In this case, it turned out that the Exclusive General Grievous figures were due into the warehouse in split shipments, with more time in between receiving those shipments than had been originally planned for. It seems that in this specific case, the processing order was determined by zip code, meaning the farther away you live from the Sideshow warehouse, the sooner it shipped, as the second wave of shipments was expected to arrive here only a few days after the first. Therefore, West Coasters and East Coasters would (in a perfect world) receive their pieces at about the same time. For unforseen reasons, the split shipment delivery was delayed, thus resulting in an unfortunate extended wait time for those zip codes closer to Sideshow.

When split shipments do occur, tough decisions like this have to be made to decide which orders process first. This was one of those times. I'm sorry that you are upset, please don't hate us too much :monkey2

:duff

Dusty! Thanks for an official explanation. I am not mad--I have just been bewildered for a few days and have been spreading my bewilderment around the board. Now I at least understand the method that was used. Thanks for taking the time to explain what was going on! (Of course, I hope that in the future, you will go back to first come-first served processing as often as possible.) Those of us who live close to you have gotten used to receiving stuff first, and are therefore spoiled rotten.

East coasters-- Enjoy those low numbers!!!

EVILFACE said:
So you can subtract the $450 Grievous cost from your bank account.
Did you forget shipping or are you in denial on how much you spent? I fall in the latter category. :lol

BTW Tom,
Agent0028 said:
No they will be sticking with their East Coast first policy with all star wars shipments.
Who knew?

EVILFACE said:
But numbers don't mean anything . . . .

They do to me! That's why I try to order early--to hopefully be one of the first to ship, in hopes that the low numbers go out first.

Any east coaster who thinks that numbers don't mean anything, I will gladly trade you if I get a high number in the last batch and you got a low number in the first...

Batty said:
What's your lowest number, Tom?

Lowest number Sideshow has ever shipped me was #0047 for my recent Aragorn on Brego statue. That was because I ordered right away and was one of the first to receive it when it started to ship. The same happened with Obi-Wan and I got #0060. I sincerely hoped that the same thing would happen with Grievous, but I wound up on the wrong end of a split shipment and I am destined to get a high number from the very end of the run.

But they never promised that those who order first are guaranteed low numbers. (It just works that way 95% of the time...)

When it is not a numbered item, it doesn't matter that much to me when it ships because they're all the same, but when it is numbered I want to have the best chance possible at getting a low one. So in the future, I hope my 12" figures are the ones that get delayed, not the numbered PFs. Of course, once my Grievous is sitting on his base and the number is covered up, my #1437 will look pretty much the same as somebody else's #0032. :rolleyes:

tomandshell said:
Lowest number Sideshow has ever shipped me was #0047 for my recent Aragorn on Brego statue. That was because I ordered right away and was one of the first to receive it when it started to ship. The same happened with Obi-Wan and I got #0060. I sincerely hoped that the same thing would happen with Grievous, but I wound up on the wrong end of a split shipment and I am destined to get a high number from the very end of the run.

But they never promised that those who order first are guaranteed low numbers. (It just works that way 95% of the time...)

When it is not a numbered item, it doesn't matter that much to me when it ships because they're all the same, but when it is numbered I want to have the best chance possible at getting a low one. So in the future, I hope my 12" figures are the ones that get delayed, not the numbered PFs. Of course, once my Grievous is sitting on his base and the number is covered up, my #1437 will look pretty much the same as somebody else's #0032. :rolleyes:

What I've noticed is that only about half the time do the low numbers ship first... the rest of the time they seem to ship in the middle or at the end. I really think it is truly random as Sideshow has stated in the past. I'm with you Tom; I don't really care which number I get, but I do like it a lot when I get a low number! The lowest number I've gotten from Sideshow was #8, which was a replacement for #22 of the Demon Freddy PF figure! But, the lowest number I've ever gotten, was #5 on the Ardeth Bey bust, thanks to Adam at DSC!!! And that came in some time after a lot of folks got theirs direct from Sideshow! So, you just never know what you will get!

And, by the way, Tom... MY EXCLUSIVE GRIEVOUS SHIPPED LAST NIGHT!!!!!! :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

lcummins said:
And, by the way, Tom... MY EXCLUSIVE GRIEVOUS SHIPPED LAST NIGHT!!!!!!

HomerSimpson38.gif

I think they need to institute a policy of closer zip codes get first shipping no matter what. Even the Yurps are getting these things before us So Callies.

And as for low numbers - I think it's been said many times that ordering first can't insure a low number because of the way the pallets are loaded. I've gotten numbers from 15 to just a couple away from the end of the edition size, and I always order first thing.

Darklord Dave said:
I think they need to institute a policy of closer zip codes get first shipping no matter what. Even the Yurps are getting these things before us So Callies.

Shipping the west coast orders first would be just as unfair as shipping to east coasters first. Process/ship in the order they were placed and they will start going all over the country at once, and nobody will suffer because of their zip code. First come first served seems to be the fairest way to do it. In general, that seems to be the way they do it more often than not, so I am grateful. (It just turned out that they didn't do it that way on what happens to be one of my most anticipated pieces! :D )

And I am very interested to see what number I get on my Grievous when he eventually ships. I am willing to bet that he will be in the last third of the run, somewhere between 1000 and 1500. :sick

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department.

I am sorry that your order for the General Grievous figure has not yet
been shipped to you. Please know that we are processing and shipping
orders as quickly as possible.

I will see that your order is shipped to you in the next 72 hours.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

###### #####
Customer Service

And bringing up the rear with the last General Grievous shipped out....wookilar8.:chew

wookilar8 said:
And bringing up the rear with the last General Grievous shipped out....wookilar8.:chew
Congrats! It's about time. Mine is supposed to arrive this Thursday.

You'll notice I used the word "supposed".

as far as numbers go, Ive recieved pieces before that were near the end of an edition size and had friends order the same piece months later and get numbers near the beginning.
It has to be random to a point.
I also think that sometimes theyre shipped out backwards. Imagine a skid of GG's come in with the low numbers on top. Theyd be the first put on the warehouse shelf and pushed to the back AND shipped out last too.

but clearly theres no method to any of the madness

occulum said:
as far as numbers go, Ive recieved pieces before that were near the end of an edition size and had friends order the same piece months later and get numbers near the beginning.
It has to be random to a point.
I also think that sometimes theyre shipped out backwards. Imagine a skid of GG's come in with the low numbers on top. Theyd be the first put on the warehouse shelf and pushed to the back AND shipped out last too.

but clearly theres no method to any of the madness

It really is random. I got a Gandalf on Shadowfax a long time after he shipped when he was up as a second chance, and I got a number in the 180's out of 8500 pieces.

But in general, I have had more luck getting a lower number when I get it shipped earlier rather than later. It's no guarantee, but more often than not the lower numbers go out first. Generally speaking...

I was one of the first to get Aragorn on Brego and got #0047, and one of the first to get Obi-Wan and I got #0060.

Back