What New HT Predator 1/6th Weapons Would You Want To See Issued With Sets?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giving a Predator accessories that don't fit in with his culture feels thrown in and cheap. It is like giving Bruce Lee a sniper rifle and a bazooka. I'm all in for more accessories but quality before quantity.

And the Lost Predator actually has more accessories than the P2 Elder and about the same compared with the "regular" P2 so it isn't that bad.

Last edited:
Ok at what point did I say the line should convert into a "Kenner" line?

There were just WEAPON IDEAS. That's it.

The Predators are a race of hunters. Like any hunter, there are different prey and different tools for the job.

Nor did I say the iconic Predators or those held to movie canon should be grossly modified. I'm not saying the P1 should come with a gatling gun. I'm saying the "Lost Predators" got little to no screen time and there's more room to give and go in terms of accessories.

Different tools for different jobs. No different from a human hunter deciding he needs a shotgun one time and a 308 rifle another.

Whether someone is a purist for movie canon or not, can anyone argue that for 159.99 MSRP, that the current Lost Predator looks a bit light on gear compared to some of the other releases?

And guess what? If they make another Predator or AVP movie, there is going to be some kind of loadout variation for the new character to separate them from the old movies. Each successive movie with a Predator in it has had a new bag of weapons tricks.

Not every concept is workable, but some concepts can be useful and interesting with a little work. And hey, crazy idea, get more VALUE IN THE BOX whether you use it or not and you expand your RANGE OF OPTIONS whether you choose to use them or not.

The Wolf / Cleaner variation was a clear nickel and dime job. They put the whip and the dual guns in one set and the better headsculpt, cleaner kit and hand cannon in the other. Nutty idea - put it all in one set. I think the P2 BD might be the last time we see a true upgrade plus the existing set together.

I just want value in the Lost Predator sets. That's it. Value. Bang for the buck. Recast the P2 spears then. Give him a rehash Alien skull. Something. Anything. Something to make me say to myself "Yeah the price jumps are rough, but at least we get all this cool stuff"

GG

I get what you want, and what you're saying. I didn't actually mean it'd turn into Kenner on us, I said that in the context that THAT is what your ideas reminded me of. They had weird weapons, and shoulder cannons that shot missiles, and a lot of other really strange things. For kids toys, I'm fine with that, but not for adult collector model kits.

Predators have a lot more advantages than a human, they're far quicker, more agile, have a cloaking device, and with what weapons that they have been shown with... I think they're far from the point of needing more weapons. For godsakes man, a plasma cannon is far more effective than any small missile I've ever seen.

They're supposed to be sleek, silent, stealthy hunters, pilling on a bunch of gear would weigh them down and make it tougher for them to be silent. Not to mention, one of their main appeals (to me at least) is that they don't have tons of gear, they carry a few small things... and aside from the net gun, plasma cannon, and cloaking, a lot of it is rudimentary at best, while still keeping an advanced feel to it. The shurikens, spear, disc, wristblades, etc are all either close combat type weapons, or take a good amount of skill (shuriken) to master. I mean dude, you opted to put a cannon on a spear... no thanks.

Grenades, clubs, battering rams, flame throwers... where is the Predator in that? A tracking animal? I've never thought of a Pred taking ole Rusty out on a bug hunt.

The P2 Elder came with next to nothing, it's not like it's a new thing.

This is a bit off topic but....one thing bugs me about the Predator as a species. In the movies the ancients basically had the same weapons as the current editions. What! don't this species advance technologically?

This is a bit off topic but....one thing bugs me about the Predator as a species. In the movies the ancients basically had the same weapons as the current editions. What! don't this species advance technologically?

It was mainly to tie the crap together, and was a cool scene... but yeeeaaah you're right.

Hey, at least if you look at Predator to AVP:R, they have. *Shrugs*

It was mainly to tie the crap together, and was a cool scene... but yeeeaaah you're right.

Those Laser cages Wolf planted in the sewer licked a$$!.....ALIENS a$$! And that Kung fu punch through the sewer roof was also pretty cool.

I guess they probably have advanced but it would take the sport of the hunt out if they used all their shiznit.

I just want value in the Lost Predator sets. That's it. Value. Bang for the buck. Recast the P2 spears then. Give him a rehash Alien skull. Something. Anything. Something to make me say to myself "Yeah the price jumps are rough, but at least we get all this cool stuff"

Hence my response... if that is the issue, use some of the cool stuff that's in the film, not just weapons. I'm sure people would love a Predator ship scenic base, or a net bag full of skulls, for example.

But OK, to answer your question; I'd prefer to see slight reworks of existing themes (really that's all we've had in the films since P2). Say, a P2 spear with a Zulu-style stabbing head, a more detailed wrist blaster, handheld knives for those without wristblades.

Heck, do a Lost Hunter re-using the Elder's sword, and give it a scabbard this time.

There is plenty of wacky stuff in the comics and games - mauls, halberds with built-in dart launchers, hand-held scatterguns, naginatas, triple-bladed wristblades - but save all that for the EU figures where it belongs.

Those Laser cages Wolf planted in the sewer licked a$$!.....ALIENS a$$! And that Kung fu punch through the sewer roof was also pretty cool.

I guess they probably have advanced but it would take the sport of the hunt out if they used all their shiznit.

OH OH OH SNAP! And then the lasers cut em to pieces.

See, a lot of people overlook the GOOD that came from that movie... those mines to contain the Aliens was totally one of the BEST!

I also like we got a little more insight into the Predators social structure. With Wolf monitoring events and going out to remedy the situation was cool.

Who says they don't? What we see in the films is basically hunting gear, possibly quite ritualistic in nature; it doesn't necessarily represent the limits of Predator technology. Perhaps the Predators have very clear rules on what constitutes acceptable weapons for hunting Aliens, for example.

The other thing is that there is no reason why the Predators should develop at the rate humanity has over the last few hundred years (which may in itself turn out to be an unsustainable blip). Perhaps as a species they have become technologically stagnant, the result of having technology which already allows them complete freedom in life coupled with a desire not to become too dependent on that technology - hence hunting with knives and darts when they have plasma guns. Maybe they develop only slowly (they don't seem like a very introspective, thoughtful bunch).

Think of it this way. The preds are supposed to be big on honour in the hunt and kill, hence better weapons might make the hunt too easy and dishonourable.

I think that's part of the appeal, at least for me that is. Preds hunt but always risk their own mortality when hunting.

just my 2 cents.

Back