Media What is your favourite Assassin's Creed title?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let us Vote on your favourite title in the franchise

• Assassin's Creed

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Assassin's Creed 2

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Assassin's Creed III

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black flag

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Assassin's Creed: Unity

• Assassin's Creed: Rogue

• Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Dellyboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
With nine games in just nine years, Ubisoft have been very busy indeed creating new installments to their popular franchise SO.....Let us put to vote what Assassins Creed title is your favourite.

II. I love the areas and the atmosphere, Ezio is a great character who is relatable and a little endearing, music is great, and it's pretty self contained. Ezio's sequels are great (revelations a little worse for wear but probably the idea)

Black Flag would be a close second though.

Overall ------------- ACII
Beloved setting ----- AC and ACRev
Enjoyable gameplay - ACBro

__

I love "Black Flag" for its gameplay and setting but couldn't care less for the story and AC related characters.

Black Flag's story was all over the place at times...couldn't peg it at all. One minute Black Beard died, one minute James Kid is revealed to be a woman (was way too obvious) the other minute, some guy is the sage...it started with a lot of promise in my opinion, too. The gameplay worked out great though and really built on AC III's foundation, and the setting was beautiful for the most part.

Assassin's Creed 2 is overall where the series peaked. Great characters, wonderful environments, it still has the biggest jump in improved gameplay compared to it's predecessor, and the ending was a knockout. Even the pieces of eden puzzles were fun. The game felt like the da vinci code lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In reality the gameplay and animations gets more complex, refined and expanded with every title.
The next gen titles of Unity and Syndicate are a long way above the others in that regard.
So it mostly comes down to story, setting and character. For me its:

Black Flag and Edward Kenway

I loved the open sea gameplay, the gorgeous West Indies islands, the sea shanty's, the true history of the Carribean pirates mixed in.
I've played that game multiple times just to be a pirate again :D ...and I have the McFarlane Kenway statue on my shelf.

They reused most of the mechanics for Rogue but I'd love to see an actual prequel set in the Caribbean again.
Black Flag covered the later period when Nassau was the pirate republic and the pirates were outlaws.
I'd love to see Assassins Creed: Privateers as a prequel that covers the English vs Spanish war when the pirates were actually working for their country as 'privateers'.

Last edited:
1. 2, Brotherhood, Revelations (I have a hard time seeing these as "different games" since they flow together for a number of reasons, though 2 is on top of these three).

2. Black Flag and Rogue (the latter is horribly under represented but the former is still the better of the two)

3. Probably the original, as it set the foundation and arguably had the most historically embedded narrative. Though I will say gameplay wise it has not aged well comparatively.

4. Unity, Because I loved the Paris they created. But I found the combat to be a hair weak and the narrative was good, but not exceptional. 3 For all the flack the game got, I think it was good. I wish I could have seen more of Connor's experience in detail, but I loved the historical weight (despite inaccuracies).

5. Liberation. This is not a bad game. When I consider it was a handheld title, I should rank it higher. The characters in this were GREAT, and I feel Aveline is worthy of her own, full release console title.

Syndicate is sitting out, since I haven't played much. I just haven't had the time and I got hooked on the Witcher. As such I can't give an honest opinion.

I really abide by the pizza rule with Assassin's Creed games:
A "bad" Assassin's Creed game is still generally a good game in the grand scheme of things, but uninspired becomes the better descriptor of it.

Loved Black Flag and Rogue. I know Im one of the few that didn't like ACII or the sequels.

Black Flag for sure. The story was a mess, but I enjoyed sailing around and doing all the activities.

Back