What have you sold to feed your addiction...collectable addiction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must really love your job or you don't do shat!

That probably it. :D

That's what he said too! :horror

:D

watch it mang! i'm a pipeline operator you'll ^^^^ around piss me off and i'll pressure up a line under your house. and bang you'll blow up like the godfather then i'll go to federal prison.:(

watch it mang! i'm a pipeline operator you'll ^^^^ around piss me off and i'll pressure up a line under your house. and bang you'll blow up like the godfather then i'll go to federal prison.:(

istockphoto_383144_pipefitter.jpg

I've sold collectibles to buy other collectibles, a few of which I sorely regret.

I sold a crap load of Minimates, Joes, Transformers, etc. to feed by new 1:6 need over the past month or so. I ended up spending $500+ altogether buying from fellow board members here and elsewhere, and didn't take a cent out of my checking account, since it all came from Paypal after EBay/Paypal fees.

That is a big chunk of change for a grad student living off of a measly assistantship.

My priorities are all screwed up. . .

All on my computer...and if that goes "blink"....then yes.

See, I rarely used music to listen too. They're my main tool for thinking of movie ideas. I sit in the car, throw on a score, and let my mind think.

I usually sell other figures that I'm no longer in love with... I've kind of gotten to a point where I can fund a lot of whats going in by having some stuff going out.

I sold all of the toys and action figures that I've accumulated over the years to even get my foot in the door of this hobby to a local dealer. I took a hit with my huge collection of POTF2 Star Wars figs a few years ago...but the end result was worth it. Wound up using the money towards ANH Premium Format figs of Old Ben, Vader, Leia, Han, and Luke.

My collection grew from there, but lately I've been getting hit left & right with bills and other things going on. It's so much harder living alone now. So to feed my addiction of collecting, I've grown accustomed to budgeting my money a little more carefully and of course making sure that I have a place in my collection for any collectible that I want to add. One thing I can say is that I can honestly sit here and say that I've never sold anything on ebay. Everything I've ever added to my collection needs to have that place on display or I back off on making that purchase simply because I don't have the funds to waste away on something I'll have regrets on later.

Back