What happened to Expendables?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Damme turned down the role telling Stallone he prefers roles with more depth of character, even offending Sly by telling him he should play a priest. Though, has failed to explain why he returned for yet another Universal Soldier sequel. :monkey1

I know, I read about that too. It's very comical.

Hopefully, all the actors who weren't in this one like Van Damme, Seagal etc, will be in the sequel, maybe as a team led by the one and only Arnie Schwarzenegger. Put them in with Statham, Stallone and Li, you've got another great film!

That's why it's hard for him to act in American films, you could see he's focused on the pronunciation of words. He's much more natural in his native films. Whereas Jackie, even with his accent, just seems very natural. From his interaction with Chris Tucker to his dramatic moments in Karate Kid, JC is a pretty good actor.

Do you guys even watch the little skits in Jackie's movies during the end credits? Jackie can't speak English for ____. He has a vocal coach on set that says his lines for him in English and he mimics the coach. This was as recently as the Rush Hour and Shangai sequels. :lol

Hopefully, all the actors who weren't in this one like Van Damme, Seagal etc, will be in the sequel, maybe as a team led by the one and only Arnie Schwarzenegger. Put them in with Statham, Stallone and Li, you've got another great film!

Russel won't do it. He blatantly refused based on the whole ensemble principle. A shame but he's right. He doesn't really need to. Van Damme's a ____ing idiot. I hope he pissed of Sly enough to be avoided for the sequel so he can keep doing his deeper direct to video bombs. Segal might though. He had to bail for Machete and honestly, I don't blame him.

As for Schwarzenegger, I sure as ____ hope if we see his team, it has Landham, Duke and Ventura. Wouldn't really matter much either considering at this point they're ALL out of shape. :lol

It would be the perfect return film for Arnie.

When you saw him in the film, you just realised that he is the man. The best action movie star ever, for me. When I saw him with Willis and Sly, being honest I thought to myself he's better than both of them combined!

I don't really know who else i'd like to see in it, maybe Dwayne Johnson (The rock)?

It would be the perfect return film for Arnie.

When you saw him in the film, you just realised that he is the man. The best action movie star ever, for me. When I saw him with Willis and Sly, being honest I thought to myself he's better than both of them combined!

I don't really know who else i'd like to see in it, maybe Dwayne Johnson (The rock)?

There're plenty. The Rock, Jackie Chan, Quentin Jackson, maybe John Cena (big maybe - still not convinced he can act yet), Michael Dudikoff, Vin Diesel, the Cobra Kai dude, Sho Kosugi, be great to see Carl Weathers make a return too, he's got history with both Sly and Arnie and was a decent action star in his own right, Marc Dacascos, Mr. T, Don "The Dragon" Wilson, Michael Clarke Duncan, the list goes on and on. :lol

And yes, Schwarzenegger was and still is. Sly even humbly admitted so at the Guy's Choice Awards this year.

Last edited:
There're plenty. The Rock, Jackie Chan, Quentin Jackson, maybe John Cena (big maybe - still not convinced he can act yet), Michael Dudikoff, Vin Diesel, the Cobra Kai dude, Sho Kosugi, be great to see Carl Weathers make a return too, he's got history with both Sly and Arnie and was a decent action star in his own right, Marc Dacascos, Mr. T, Don "The Dragon" Wilson, Michael Clarke Duncan, the list goes on and on. :lol

And yes, Schwarzenegger was and still is. Sly even humbly admitted so at the Guy's Choice Awards this year.

Verging on a necropost but I hadn't seen this^ - thats pretty cool of Stallone to come out and say that.
Arnie without doubt has the most films behind him that you can just watch again and again and you never tire of them. I don't think anyone today could ever be as good an action hero as he was but Stallone has some great films too and is actually a better actor. Demolition man, Cliffhanger, Judge Dredd (not a massive Dredd fan so this film was fine by me) and Copland are personal faves of mine.

Verging on a necropost but I hadn't seen this^ - thats pretty cool of Stallone to come out and say that.
Arnie without doubt has the most films behind him that you can just watch again and again and you never tire of them. I don't think anyone today could ever be as good an action hero as he was but Stallone has some great films too and is actually a better actor. Demolition man, Cliffhanger, Judge Dredd (not a massive Dredd fan so this film was fine by me) and Copland are personal faves of mine.

I wouldn't cry for Stallone too much. He rivaled Arnie for the $25,000,000 paycheck for movies. Even after feeding the vultures and paying taxes, their takehome was more than the gross most actors saw in a decade.

The best part about Executive Decision was that they killed Steven Seagal. The whole audience applauded.

It was a big change from the usual where Seagal wouldn't even sustain a punch - at least thats how I recall the Under Siege films.

The best part about Executive Decision was that they killed Steven Seagal. The whole audience applauded.

:lol I actually think that's one of his best films. No greasy ponytail and he even toned down the wannabe Eastwood attitude as well.

:lol I actually think that's one of his best films. No greasy ponytail and he even toned down the wannabe Eastwood attitude as well.

Plus it was such a huge surprise, since he was riding pretty high around that time, no one expected him to go out so soon.

Also, Stallone was the best Terminator in the series.

3763045_std.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back