What happened to Expendables?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarvel1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Was hoping for some sort of update. Has this fallen by the wayside?:(

Movie seems to have been a critical failure. I haven't perceived there to be much excitement for the license beyond a few fans of the film or die-hard fans of Stallone, etc. Not sure Hot Toys should pursue this one any further. Probably better to spend their resources on T1 stuff and Superman.

Movie seems to have been a critical failure. I haven't perceived there to be much excitement for the license beyond a few fans of the film or die-hard fans of Stallone, etc. Not sure Hot Toys should pursue this one any further. Probably better to spend their resources on T1 stuff and Superman.

They've already got the license, they might as well use it.

I'm not sure why people are expecting stuff already. I mean, Iron Man 2 is long gone out of theatres and Black Widow and Whiplash are only arriving in the last 2-3 weeks. Avatar's come and gone with no figures. Clash of The Titans just came out on DVD a few weeks ago, and Perseus is arriving now. Joker and BB Batman were out around the time TDK was out, but we had to wait a while until TDK Suit Batman, which seems to be the exception to the rule.

It looks like Hot Toys is planning arrivals on the DVD release, not theater release.

I think Hot Toys made them *cough* Expendable.

Movie seems to have been a critical failure. I haven't perceived there to be much excitement for the license beyond a few fans of the film or die-hard fans of Stallone, etc.

This film is far from a failure. Saw it again yesterday for the 2nd time. BEST action movie made in the last 15 years.

It's not just the newbs starting new threads it's the useless post, like when someone will bump a dead thread asking "Any news on this line that's been dead for over a year?" ahem. . . hottoyspiratesofthecaribbeanthread. . . sorry pardon me, I have a little cough.

The way it works now, is that someone will start a new thread with news, rather than going back to the existing thread to post news. So now, when a dead thread gets bumped, I've become accustomed to expecting a stupid post instead of something useful.

Using my earlier example, no one will post a proto pic of a new Hot Toys Jack Sparrow in the existing Hot Toys POTC thread. They will start a new thread titled "OMG NEW HT SPAROW LEAKD"

Critical acclaim as in Oscar performances? If that's what you mean, then that's true. But people didn't pay to see that, they paid to see things get blown up. If I'm not mistaken, this will be Lionsgate's biggest grossing film domestically + internationally. It has done well enough for them to discuss a sequel. I'm sure Hot Toys will make these.

BTW, just curious... have HT ever announced a license and then never make the figures?

You worry too much man about the Expandables!:horrorI understand you, i myself want to see them as well, but you should be worrying more about avatar figs!The hell happened to them!?:gah::slapIt's nearly one year since they haven't showed us anything!Damn!Hot toys is not very nice !:monkey2

Critical acclaim as in Oscar performances? If that's what you mean, then that's true. But people didn't pay to see that, they paid to see things get blown up. If I'm not mistaken, this will be Lionsgate's biggest grossing film domestically + internationally. It has done well enough for them to discuss a sequel. I'm sure Hot Toys will make these.

We'll see them. Kara's just disappointed that none of the tough guys kissed and doesn't want anything getting between him picking up the Dastan (Gyllenhaal) head so he can combine the Joker (Ledger) and Dastan heads with the Leonidas bodies to bash Brokeback Mountain customs. So ignore his rants.

You worry too much man about the Expandables!:horrorI understand you, i myself want to see them as well, but you should be worrying more about avatar figs!The hell happened to them!?:gah::slapIt's nearly one year since they haven't showed us anything!Damn!Hot toys is not very nice !:monkey2

Avatar is entirely different. Especially if they're making them 1:6 scale. I'd look to see them closer to the sequel though as they'll need all the R&D time they can get to knock them out of the park.

Haven't you guys checked Hot Toys' facebook page?

The license was announced about a month so what's the rush???

Haven't you guys checked Hot Toys' facebook page?

The license was announced about a month so what's the rush???

Just excited to see the Li figure, I'll try to contain my enthusiasm and keep all my thoughts to myself. Again, sorry.

What is with all the _____ing at new members lately? When did this board get so ____ retentive? God forbid someone posts on a topic that's already been covered over the last five years.

What is with all the _____ing at new members lately? When did this board get so ____ retentive? God forbid someone posts on a topic that's already been covered over the last five years.

God forbid they have to use the search function let alone actually read the first ____ing page of threads in a given section, because that'd be too difficult, right?

Hate how some people are so convinced their opinions are right. :monkey4

The film was great and warrants figures more so than Prince Of Persia, Clash of The Titans, Abigail Whistler and the constant stream of Iron man stuff. HT would be stupid not to pursue it.

I must admit though it did occur to me today that we haven't seen much since the announcement, I certianly hope they've not shelved the figure(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back