What ever happened to the Triad bodies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batman5

Super Freak
Reaction score
Weren't there suppose to be new bodies from this company at the end of last year? Anyone still have pics of those bodies and information about when these will come out or if they are still coming out?

I haven't been keeping track, but I do know they are delayed.
Triad did import the Soldier Story basic bodies recently, not really what you're looking for but they are at least releasing something.
I'll see if I can find some pics of their bodies from A Weekend Of Heroes show.
EDIT:
Found some:
https://twistedplastic.com/cgi-bin/woh2006.cgi?woh2006=1

Last edited:
Yeah - I thought they were due AGES ago....

And that figure that they had up for pre-order disappeared too.

I suspect there has probably been issues with the factory in China.

April it is then. Does anyone know if I will be able to use these bodies to modify some of my SS figures?

I had forgotten how nice these looked, not sure I would buy just a nude. But it'd be cool if they were able to get some lisences to produce figures. Here's hoping Sideshow is taking notes when they are working on their own upgrades.

yeah, their bodies have been pushed back but they do have the Soldier's Story bod and new outfits/boot sets for the Cy Girls so they're still making progress.

There are a lot of us who have been waiting for those! :D And waiting.......and waiting.......and waiting........

captain sack said:
first they were shipping November 2006.

then february 2007.

now april?

oh boy.:rolleyes:

Louie said that they are continuing to make changes to them to improve the look and functionality, that's why they keep having delays. My guess is that it will be even later than April before these make the light of day.

Hell - maybe Sideshow can licence the bodies - by licencing rather than R&D them themselves - keep costs down but also get it up and running quicker. From Triad's point of view access to SSC's manufacturers may help (I'd imagine at least some of the delays are due to issues with the manufacturers) but also help refer customers to the Triad product, even if they decided not to distribute through SSC.

That is a good idea and I hope that SS is considering this as they do need to update there buck body.

Back