What do you look for in a collectible?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you look for in a collectible?

• 1- Production Materials

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 2- Aesthetice (Looks)

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • 3- Durability & Longer Life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4- Option 1 & 2

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • 5- Option 2 & 3

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • 6- All of the Above

Votes: 26 38.8%

• Total voters
Anyone else getting a chuckle that one of the articles listed above is by a Dr. Venkman? I guess when he's got down time Ghostbusting, he writes articles on collecting :)

King Darkness said:
Personal value Vs. Price or,

How much do I want it Vs. Can I afford it.

I dont put to much into "what is it made of" or "how long its gonna last". I just want something I can enjoy and I don't see a price tag every time I look at it.

Same here... it's all about cost and how bad I want it. That's about it.

To me the price is a given. Past the #2 and #3 are the most important. I mean #1 can come into play in certain cases where that material will grossly effect either #2 or #3. That projected value to me is not that important, hell do you really think anyone thought some things that are very valuable today would be worth more then a very little amout of money today. If you ae looking to make this an investment I would recommend that you start to learn about the stock market its a much safer bet.

I like plastic only, because im pro-recycling and saving the earth.

For me, when I am deciding what collectibles to buy the number one question I ask is: Is there a grey version available? Everyone knows grey collectibles are superior. The second question I ask is: Does it come with blue pants. Grey and blue are always a winning and valuable combination.

I honestly look for all of the above. It's why the PF lines are my favorite. But #2 is by far the most important.

I chose looks, but having collected a wide variety of things in my short life, I've decided that one of my favorite parts of a collectible is the playability. It wasn't an option above, but it is a huge part of my decision making process. It's part of why I started collecting Sideshow stuff in the first place, as they were some of the nicest looking toys that had play value (which given that I'm thirty, I guess I should call it "poseability" instead) I loved the Palisades attitude about toys: Play with 'em! I got tired of McFarlane statues real quick, as the moment you move the pose, you break their amazing sculpt, and the lines on the figure are ugly. I like the poseability under the cloth outfits, kinda like a more realistic Marvel Legends.
Just my .02!

Um... if it looks cool and is of a higher quality than what you would find at Wal-Mart, I buy.

:eek:

Back