What do the people you date think about your collection?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually hid my collection when I started dating my wife. When I finally told her about it she thought it was funny I had been keeping it from her. She makes side comments now and then when the ups guy shows up but she is supportive of my collecting. I have def scaled it back a lot however but she still encourages my hobby.

When I was dating I had some experiences where women thought I was immature/foolish for spending my money on "crap". Sometimes it made me more interesting because they wanted to figure out why I collected certain things. Luckily, my wife knew I was a collector from the beginning and accepted that I would always have some sort of collection that was going to take up time/money/space. She doesn't LOVE my collection like I do, but she loves that it makes me happy. Plus, I make sure not to give her reason to hate it, lol.

my left hand is cool about it, likes to handle the toys from time to time.

on the serial tho, it would be cool to date a female collector

on the serial tho, it would be cool to date a female collector

or just date a gamer, but i mean a hardcore gamer and not a girl that plays facebook games :lol:lol

date a girl obsessed with WOW and you will be a'right

I've never had issues, none of the girls i've brought over have had anything negative to say and a couple had favorite figures. My current girlfriend loves them, the 1st time she came over she spent a long time looking them over and was shocked at how lifelike they looked. She has even thought up a couple cool display ideas. I wouldn't be surprised if she started collecting.

or just date a gamer, but i mean a hardcore gamer and not a girl that plays facebook games :lol:lol

date a girl obsessed with WOW and you will be a'right

good point, i can't see myself mixing my collection or adding more figures to the place, it would be to damn crowded.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Now that I think about it, there are a few questionable, conspiracy theory-spouting, brony-hating Blood Elf chicks I know. :lol

I dated a girl for about 5 years who thought it was kinda silly, but she didn't make jokes or think it was a waste of money. She bought me Bane last year for Valentines Day, so that was pretty cool. I'm back in the dating scene and most girls I've talked to or have seen them think they're pretty cool. They of course go straight for Sparrow, Sweeney, and Stark first.

A few of my friends think my collection is awesome, a few of them think they're cool (but a waste of money), and a few try their damndest to pose them sexually when I'm not looking. But yeah, if the girl (or guy) gives you too much crap about what you collect or how you spend your spare money, that might be a red flag to get out.

Some women have laughed, some have been interested. Ive been with my current gf for nearly a year and she lives with me and my collection.
A lot of people have tried to give me **** for it, until they realize that I can make a living on custom work. lol

My wife thinks I'm crazy and she has no idea how much money has been put into this hobby. She loves my Hulk statue though.

My Wife inadvertently triggered my obsession by buying me the first Action Figure i had owned since i was a Kid.So she's never really had any argument against my obsession as it's all her fault.:lol

My wife and family love it. They always look forward to seeing what new item is arriving in the box. Ironically the thing they hate the most about my collections are the actual boxes themselves that are taking up room.

Back