What are you playing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mass effect 1 & 2, so i can play mass effect 3.... :slap

btw amazon has a great deal right now that let you buy digital copies of both me1 + me2 deluxe edition for $12 total.

Is it really that good? i was hyped for it but then watched some recent playthroughs and it looks incredibly wonky and tedious.
I liked it.

It's a good game, but.

Bad Points:

Majority of the stages are no well lit up (But adds to the horror atmosphere)
You have to be spot on when picking up items
Ammo can be scarce at times
Cannot hold more then 1 aid spray and cannot store and pickup Green Herbs when health is full.
AI is dumb
Firing at the enemy takes, what feels to be forever as you blast them with your high powered firearms before the hit the ground.
Once knocked down, larger enemies can keep attacking you.

Good Points:

Action packed and intense
Many weapons to choose from
Personal Abilities
Berthas Healing ability while in game play
Good atmosphere
Interesting story line and fills in the gaps from RE2 / RE3
Finally RE put in the run and shoot capability
Replay value is fun

When you say wonky... Not too sure what you mean but...

Probably cuz there is so much going on in a gun fight scene it might be a bit overwhelming to start with, but you get use to it...

Tedious, yes as in you have to be directly facing the health / ammo / items before you can pick them up.

Reviving a team member can hard sometimes if they are laying next to a lot of items on the ground. So you have to tediously move around until the "Revive Team Member" action comes up.

But in saying all the bad points, it makes the game more challenging, but to the point where it's still fun and have to use tactics to work out the game.

Rather then OMG WTF?! This game is so **** bla bla bla :lol

I liked it.

It's a good game, but.

Bad Points:

Majority of the stages are no well lit up (But adds to the horror atmosphere)
You have to be spot on when picking up items
Ammo can be scarce at times
Cannot hold more then 1 aid spray and cannot store and pickup Green Herbs when health is full.
AI is dumb
Firing at the enemy takes, what feels to be forever as you blast them with your high powered firearms before the hit the ground.
Once knocked down, larger enemies can keep attacking you.

Good Points:

Action packed and intense
Many weapons to choose from
Personal Abilities
Berthas Healing ability while in game play
Good atmosphere
Interesting story line and fills in the gaps from RE2 / RE3
Finally RE put in the run and shoot capability
Replay value is fun

When you say wonky... Not too sure what you mean but...

Probably cuz there is so much going on in a gun fight scene it might be a bit overwhelming to start with, but you get use to it...

Tedious, yes as in you have to be directly facing the health / ammo / items before you can pick them up.

Reviving a team member can hard sometimes if they are laying next to a lot of items on the ground. So you have to tediously move around until the "Revive Team Member" action comes up.

But in saying all the bad points, it makes the game more challenging, but to the point where it's still fun and have to use tactics to work out the game.

Rather then OMG WTF?! This game is so **** bla bla bla :lol

Great description, I may just go try it today. And by wonky i meant like combat just seems odd at times, especially with aiming on how crazy the reticule gets and you can't hit anything. Either way, thanks for the review and i'll be sure to check it out and see if it can keep me entertained until 6 comes out. :wink1:

Great description, I may just go try it today. And by wonky i meant like combat just seems odd at times, especially with aiming on how crazy the reticule gets and you can't hit anything. Either way, thanks for the review and i'll be sure to check it out and see if it can keep me entertained until 6 comes out. :wink1:
All good!

Yes, I watched one youtube review and they said the enemies are like "sponges" as you are firing at them they just seem to absorb the bullets and it was as if your firearms have no effect, which is what putting players off with this game.

Aim for the head shots or initiate a CQC kill if there are only a few of them, which that also saves you ammo.

Give it a go man, the game does not cost that much (so no big loss) and will make yo look forward to RE6 :)

Silent Hill

Playing older games really gets difficult when you are spoiled on todays graphics. I have been playing video games since the 80s and grew up with these bad graphics but going back to them today is really hard. Good thing Silent Hill is such a great game.

Silent Hill

Playing older games really gets difficult when you are spoiled on todays graphics. I have been playing video games since the 80s and grew up with these bad graphics but going back to them today is really hard. Good thing Silent Hill is such a great game.

im not complaining too much on the graphics but the controls feel wierd now, guess we're now used to controlling the character with the 2 thumbsticks and for silent hill, mgs, and resident evil im having to use the d-pad only.

It took me quite a while to be able to make out anything when I started Silent Hill. Everything seemed so blurry and difficult to make out. I'm used to smooth visuals and I had to get used to pixel heavy mess. Not to mention the game is dark and full of fog anyway.

It took me quite a while to be able to make out anything when I started Silent Hill. Everything seemed so blurry and difficult to make out. I'm used to smooth visuals and I had to get used to pixel heavy mess. Not to mention the game is dark and full of fog anyway.

yeah, hd collection could have used a bit more tweaks. they are great games, but they seem to fall short.

Started playing FF13. Stopped playing it a while back after 30 hours of play. I'm on chapter 9.

Finally got around to starting GTA IV.

I'd held off on playing it because I didn't feel like getting into a game of that scope. But after re-playing a few of my games that I had wanted to, and having nothing new on the horizon, I figured it was as good a time as any.

I haven't been digging the radio stations as much. Liberty Rock has a handful of tracks I like, Electro is pretty solid, and I appreciate the random hardcore station, but overall the tracks aren't as solid as San Andreas.

Finally got around to starting GTA IV.

I'd held off on playing it because I didn't feel like getting into a game of that scope. But after re-playing a few of my games that I had wanted to, and having nothing new on the horizon, I figured it was as good a time as any.

I haven't been digging the radio stations as much. Liberty Rock has a handful of tracks I like, Electro is pretty solid, and I appreciate the random hardcore station, but overall the tracks aren't as solid as San Andreas.

Nothing will ever, EVER, be as awesome as when I played Vice City for the first time and turned it to Flash FM and heard Billie Jean.

Im still playing nba2k12, the my player mode is a blast...definatly a fun well done basketball game for those of you who are sports fans.

Trying to finish up Gear of War 3. For some reason I'm having a hard time getting into this game. The story for some reason isn't doing much for me and the weapons are borning to use. Just not as good as the first two IMO.

Back